Chris Petersen of Boise St. should be our Head Coach

Chris Peterson who was mentioned by the News as a possible candidate has run a phenomenal program in Boise with an amazing record of 84-4 and 5-2 in bowl games.

He knows how coach up and find marginal players into top players, which we desperately need bc of our marginal talent.

This guy runs a great program and will do the same here.

"Petersen has guided the Broncos to two BCS bowl wins, in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl and the 2010 Fiesta Bowl. He is the first and only two-time winner of the Paul "Bear" Bryant Award, which he won in 2006 and 2009. He also won the Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Award in 2010.

Peterson moved over to Oregon in 1995 as the receivers coach, and spent six years as an assistant for the Ducks under head coach Mike Bellotti. In 2001, he became the offensive coordinator at Boise State under first-year head coach Dan Hawkins.

Sophomore tailback Ian Johnson said about the transition, "We trusted him and knew he was going to take care of us. We knew he was a great person. He was going to recruit people just like himself. We waited for him to get everybody here and he got in the perfect people

2007 Fiesta Bowl

In his first year as head coach, Petersen led the Broncos to an undefeated regular season and the program's first ever BCS bowl game berth. He became the fourth rookie head coach to lead a team to a BCS bowl game. Boise State was the only undefeated team in Division I FBS for the 2006 season.

The Broncos defeated Big 12 Champion Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl as only the second non-BCS conference school to play in a BCS bowl, after Utah in 2004. In the 43–42 overtime win, Petersen drew particular attention for his bold play calling at the end of the game: A 50-yard hook-and-lateral play on 4th-and-18 described as "stunning"[4] for a tying touchdown with just 7 seconds left in regulation, an option pass (off a direct snap to a wide receiver) on 4th-and-2 in overtime, and a "Statue of Liberty" misdirection play for the two-point conversion to win the game in overtime."

http://en.wikipedia..../Chris_Petersen

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Chris Peterson who was mentioned by the News as a possible candidate has run a phenomenal program in Boise with an amazing record of 84-4 and 5-2 in bowl games.

He knows how coach up and find marginal players into top players, which we desperately need bc of our marginal talent.

"Petersen has guided the Broncos to two BCS bowl wins, in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl and the 2010 Fiesta Bowl. He is the first and only two-time winner of the Paul "Bear" Bryant Award, which he won in 2006 and 2009. He also won the Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Award in 2010.

Peterson moved over to Oregon in 1995 as the receivers coach, and spent six years as an assistant for the Ducks under head coach Mike Bellotti. In 2001, he became the offensive coordinator at Boise State under first-year head coach Dan Hawkins.

Sophomore tailback Ian Johnson said about the transition, "We trusted him and knew he was going to take care of us. We knew he was a great person. He was going to recruit people just like himself. We waited for him to get everybody here and he got in the perfect people

2007 Fiesta Bowl

In his first year as head coach, Petersen led the Broncos to an undefeated regular season and the program's first ever BCS bowl game berth. He became the fourth rookie head coach to lead a team to a BCS bowl game. Boise State was the only undefeated team in Division I FBS for the 2006 season.

The Broncos defeated Big 12 Champion Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl as only the second non-BCS conference school to play in a BCS bowl, after Utah in 2004. In the 43–42 overtime win, Petersen drew particular attention for his bold play calling at the end of the game: A 50-yard hook-and-lateral play on 4th-and-18 described as "stunning"[4] for a tying touchdown with just 7 seconds left in regulation, an option pass (off a direct snap to a wide receiver) on 4th-and-2 in overtime, and a "Statue of Liberty" misdirection play for the two-point conversion to win the game in overtime."

I happen to own hirechrispetersen.com........should i fire that baby up?

2007 Fiesta Bowl

When he gets off the plane in Cheektavegas, sees the leaden skies and the boarded up buildings, he'll turn around, get back on the plane and head back to Big Sky Country.

Again I have a hangup with any guy who hasn't coached in the NFL.

I'm not aware of a single successful NFL head coach who had previously never coached in the NFL.

Not saying it can't be done but I'm skeptical.

Did Jimmy Johnson coach in the NFL before he went to the cowboys? Granted, he did coach the most highly paid team in college football.

I'm not aware of a single successful NFL head coach who had previously never coached in the NFL.

No reason to be skeptical. The odds of success are so great, it isn't even worth discussing.

I'm not. I wouldn't touch a coach w/o NFL experience with a 20 ft pole.

Okay. The odds against success.

I'm skeptical of Chip Kelly and Petersen for this very reason however it was recently pointed by out by Garranimal that Jimmy Johnson had zero NFL coaching experience before leading the Cowboys to their Super Bowl Championships.

So I guess it can be done.

But I'm personally hoping the Bills hire a guy with extensive NFL experience.

Okay. The odds against success.

I'm skeptical of Chip Kelly and Petersen for this very reason however it was recently pointed by out by Garranimal that Jimmy Johnson had zero NFL coaching experience before leading the Cowboys to their Super Bowl Championships.

So I guess it can be done.

But I'm personally hoping the Bills hire a guy with extensive NFL experience.

Someone eventually wins the lottery too. I don't consider buying tickets a retirement plan though...

How about Jim Harbaugh, who I desperately wanted here instead of Gailey but we know how that went :angry: .

Harbaugh came from Stanford and was a FG from the superbowl his first season.

i would like peterson, he is a good coach. i think his system would work in the nfl.

and he played 14 seasons in the NFL.

This guy visits NFL stadiums when he buys his own ticket.

He wont leave Boise IMO. He has a great thing going and I believe I heard that he basically wrote off ever leaving for the NFL.

I really dont think a top college coach will come to Buffalo. They typically will want a lot of say in football operations... and we currently have 3 or 4 guys vying for the decisions as it is.

I would like Peterson, Les Miles, Stanford's HC, bo pellini, and the dude who just left wisconsin. chip kelly too.