Chris Petersen of Boise St. should be our Head Coach

How about Jim Harbaugh, who I desperately wanted here instead of Gailey but we know how that went :angry: .

As I've already pointed out numerous times, Harbaugh had a 14 year playing career in the NFL and was an NFL assistant for assistant for 2 years and a college assistant for 14 years.

Chip Kelly didn't play college football and has zero coaching experience in the NFL.

Again I have a hangup with any guy who hasn't coached in the NFL.

I'm not aware of a single successful NFL head coach who had previously never coached in the NFL.

Not saying it can't be done but I'm skeptical.

George Halas

:o

As I've already pointed out numerous times, Harbaugh had a 14 year playing career in the NFL and was an NFL assistant for assistant for 2 years and a college assistant for 14 years.

Chip Kelly didn't play college football and has zero coaching experience in the NFL.

66% of the teams in THIS years playoffs are being coached by coaches in their first NFL head coaching gig. If you count BOTH of INDYs coaches this year its even higher %.

66% of the teams in THIS years playoffs are being coached by coaches in their first NFL head coaching gig. If you count BOTH of INDYs coaches this year its even higher %.

Wow. You guys are really not understanding.

Peterson and Kelly have never coached in the NFL, not even as assistants.

If you're telling me that 66% of the head coaches currently in the NFL playoffs never coached in the NFL as assistants, you're completely missing the point. I'd bet every one of the head coaches in this year's playoffs were previously NFL assistants.

NFL is a trend dominant organization. College coaches need not apply. Different game than that of the NFL. The prevelant pack mentality is you get your new head coach from successfull playoff teams. Since 7 teams have vacancies that will not work. Maybe one team will take a flyer on Chip Kelley but no other college head coach will get a sniff.