Thanks Coach Gailey

OldTimer1960

I hated Dick Jauron, I dont hate Chan Gailey.

I really thought our comeback win against the Pats was the turning point for this regime and our franchise. We all knew Fitz wasnt the answer but I bet most of us didnt envision him regressing as badly as he has this year. I bet if the Bills could do it over again they would have never had David Lee tinker with his arm. He was never that accurate to begin with but this year he literally could not throw a ball past 15 yards with any sort of accuracy or timing.

Edited by TallskiWallski83

I said nothing about hating him. I'm just glad he's gone.

And I said nothing about nostalgia or emotional attachments.

Just a suggestion that perhaps the haters could choose one of many other threads to spew their venom.

There's been many personalities over the years where we were glad to see them gone, both in the role with the team and with their personality: Donahoe, Williams, Jauron, and even Mularkey for some. Gailey doesn't fit that mold.

Agree with the posters about Chan being a good solid man. I don't believe there is any disputing that. The problem is he was a terrible football coach. He needed to be fired and I am happy that it is done. Who knows what the future holds, but this team had enough talent the past two years to be way better than 6-10. They were poorly coached and changes needed to be made. I believe a decent HC and staff can make this team a playoff team as soon as next season. And please don't come back with the "who would want to coach in Buffalo?" argument. I have heard it and I don't happen to believe it. I believe it is possible to find a competent HC and coaching staff and turn this thing around fairly quickly.