Do fired coaches get press conferences?

bills1960

Quick question, not trying to make any debate of this: do fired coaches get press conferences? Chan is on at 3 tomorrow officially, does that imply anything further about his future? I'm confident that he'll be fired as many of you are, but I'll still be be nervous until it happens.

Quick question, not trying to make any debate of this: do fired coaches get press conferences? Chan is on at 3 tomorrow officially, does that imply anything further about his future? I'm confident that he'll be fired as many of you are, but I'll still be be nervous until it happens.

It means if be has a job at 3 tomorrow he will be speaking at 3. Doesn't mean he will have one Tuesday at 3, or that he will ever make it to tomorrow's PC.

To answer the question in the thread title: It depends on whether the press wants to bother. Anyone can call a press conference. You, me, whoever. Whether they show up? Depends on the profile of the person calling it. Pres. Obama? Sure; they're there. Chan Gailey? Maybe some locals. You (no offense meant) or me? No.

Edited by Offsides Number 76

Didn't Nix skip his radio show on Friday and Gailey skip something as well?

Nix was traveling for the holidays,* and I don't think Gailey skipped anything.

*Before you get on him for THAT (there are enough reasons to get on him), think about exactly what he could have been doing to help the team between weeks 16 and 17, which is nothing.

Nix was traveling for the holidays,* and I don't think Gailey skipped anything.

*Before you get on him for THAT (there are enough reasons to get on him), think about exactly what he could have been doing to help the team between weeks 16 and 17, which is nothing.

Howard Simon tweeted that both Chan's and Fitz's interview contracts expired last Monday, so neither will be on tomorrow.