Bills QB of the Future

Rob's House

thank god none of us are gm's everyone has a different take on this page.

i see some aaron murray bashing? this blows my mind, he looked amazing from the 2-3 games i watched.

boyd looks like a robot? is that good? the robot sure played a perfect game vs Lsu FWIW.

ej manuel definetly has some raw tools. im not sure what to think about him.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank god none of us are gm's everyone has a different take on this page.

i see some aaron murray bashing? this blows my mind, he looked amazing from the 2-3 games i watched.

boyd looks like a robot? is that good? the robot sure played a perfect game vs Lsu FWIW.

ej manuel definetly has some raw tools. im not sure what to think about him.

As with the head coaching search, there are drawbacks to every college draft eligible QB you can mention for who'd they consider drafting in rd 1 or 2.

I'm not getting into the name calling or mocking other people's QB favorites because it literally is a crap shoot unless you have a "slam dunk" Luck or RGIII available when you draft. I personally really like the upside and potential of EJ Manuel. Is he a boom or bust? Yes, but I'm not looking for an above average talent like Andy Dalton. I'm looking for a potential elite QB, and Manuel has the athletic skill set to be just that. I kind of get a Steve McNair franchise QB vibe from him.

One thing I found out about Manuel is that just before the season started he learned that his Mom had breast cancer. Considering that he had a good and productive season, that tells me that there's a good chance he's mentally strong. With the exception of the Florida game when he broke down on the field when his Mom came out to greet him on senior day. So maybe that had an impact on his bad performance that day, but he is still a college kid and that is totally understandable to get caught up like that under those circumstances.

It's going to be hilarious when a few guys from this class become pro bowlers and playoff QB because the experts say it's such a bad class. There probably isn't a Luck or RG3 but it might be a deeper overall class. Really interested in Barkley, Smith, Boyd, Murray, and Nassiq.