Broken window, what should I do?

mrags

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all the years you have held insurance... How much have you kicked into the system with paying premiums?

how much have I actually used it at all? Like 6 times maybe in over 15 years. Not ally fault. Not all paid by my insurance. But I've probably had that many claims in 15+ years.

Oh yes pay and never make a claim!

LoL... Too funny.

The insurance industry would love it! Who wouldn't? Just send us money and get nothing in return. I tell you what, everybody in a America just send me a penny.

how much have I actually used it at all? Like 6 times maybe in over 15 years. Not ally fault. Not all paid by my insurance. But I've probably had that many claims in 15+ years.

I was wondering how much you probably paid in on premiums vs. those 6 claims. Almost 30 years paying auto insurance, I filed a handful of claims... The insurance companies are totally in the plus w/me... But they all cry like stuck pigs when the gotta pay a claim out!

What is their motto: "Delay, delay, delay... DO NOT pay!" Ha!

I recently had my windshield replaced, it was cracked due to age, and filed a claim with my insurance company. Does that bother you also?

That's what insurance IS for. It's not even remotely the same thing as the OP stated. If someone is negligent, they should be the ones paying.

If I come over to your house and throw rocks through all of your windows, should I pay for that or would you just say, "Hey, I have insurance, I'll let them cover it instead?"

That's what insurance IS for. It's not even remotely the same thing as the OP stated. If someone is negligent, they should be the ones paying.

If I come over to your house and throw rocks through all of your windows, should I pay for that or would you just say, "Hey, I have insurance, I'll let them cover it instead?"

that would probably depend on if I liked you or not. If it was done purposely or in accident or not.

Glass coverage on an auto when it's fully covered is under comprehensive. Your rates should not go up at all with a comprehensive claim. It's no fault insurance. The only time your rates should go up is with a collision claim. Fyi.

I worked for Geico for a bit and trust me. This is how it's supposed to work.

Another FYI. Geico is a bunch Of scheisters and will steal money from you any chance they get. Which is why I've never been insured by the shady company.

Another FYI. Geico is a bunch Of scheisters and will steal money from you any chance they get. Which is why I've never been insured by the shady company.

Uh oh, don't tell stevestojan! (he stills works for Geico, right?) :lol:

Uh oh, don't tell stevestojan! (he stills works for Geico, right?) :lol:

i worked there quite a few years ago and the shady crap they would make is do was horrible.

Like hearing a baby in the background for example when your on the phone with them. You were expected to ask the baby's birthday and age so that in (xx) years the policy would automatically go up when they turned 16. License or not. That's some shady stuff right there.

I get that they are in the process of making money but c'mon. If you even sniffed that another person was spending any time in the household you were expected to get all sly about asking them questions so you see if someone else with the ability to drive lived there or spent time there. Then if you did find that out, you put them on the policy until the my could prove they had thier own insurance. It's bulls%#t.

i worked there quite a few years ago and the shady crap they would make is do was horrible.

Like hearing a baby in the background for example when your on the phone with them. You were expected to ask the baby's birthday and age so that in (xx) years the policy would automatically go up when they turned 16. License or not. That's some shady stuff right there.

I get that they are in the process of making money but c'mon. If you even sniffed that another person was spending any time in the household you were expected to get all sly about asking them questions so you see if someone else with the ability to drive lived there or spent time there. Then if you did find that out, you put them on the policy until the my could prove they had thier own insurance. It's bulls%#t.

Sounds like a collection agency. :(

In my eyes, a claim is a claim. Whether I place it, or in mrags case, the neighbors place it. Or if I get rear ended after only having my truck for less than a week, (true story), the person that hit me places a claim. Or the claim I had when I hit a deer. The way you state it, everyones insurance premiums go up in any of those situations.

In my eyes, a claim is a claim. Whether I place it, or in mrags case, the neighbors place it. Or if I get rear ended after only having my truck for less than a week, (true story), the person that hit me places a claim. Or the claim I had when I hit a deer. The way you state it, everyones insurance premiums go up in any of those situations.

If the neighbors threw a glass and broke his window, I don't think that'd be covered by insurance, would it?

homeownwers actually.

Doesn't look like it, actually. In most cases, it doesn't cover intentional acts. The question would be whether throwing a glass and breaking your window was intentional or not I guess.

http://money.msn.com/insurance/insurance-you-did-not-know-you-had-weston.aspx

http://realestate.findlaw.com/owning-a-home/what-does-a-home-insurance-policy-cover.html

Then there is "full glass." They would rather have you riding around with sound glass and be less of a saftey hazard for a future, bigger, more dangerous claim.

Anway... He does not really know who did it... He suspects who did it... BUT, in the end this is exactly what insurance is for.

I take w/his original posts... He was more in shock than anything... Asking for help on what to do and most likely just "venting" his story... We don't all have to be "super claims adjusters" in our lives...

You see them all inside at the kitchen table through the windows. You walk over and knock on the door twice with enough authority that there's no way they Didnt hear it. Nobody comes to the door. They all stay in their seats quietly.

What should I do? What would you do?

Guilty!

Definitely talk to the mom. The more time goes by, the weirder it gets.