What do these numbers tell you about our team?

bobobonators

Last 2 seasons:

8-6 over first half of season (2 byes)

3-14 over final half of season (1 game remaining @ Jets)

That disparity is pretty drastic.

It tells me the following:

1. This team still lacks quality depth. We have 0 depth at QB, WR, DB, LB and the O-line depth is average at best. As injuries are bound to happen, we can't fill them in. Good job Nix.

2. The coaching staff - mainly Chan - apparently can't adapt during the season. Good job Chan.

3. This team is mentally weak. As the season progresses and the going gets tough, this team gets going..right into the crapper.

Though many of us, including myself, don't realize it at times, this team does have a decent amount of talent. What we need more than any single player is better quality depth on the roster as a whole and better coaching.

Depth is the key. Once the injuries start, the season goes down the tubes. That means re-sign your veterans and search the UDFAs and waiver wire for depth, even if they aren't pro bowlers. Mostly it means re-sign your veterans.

Lose Byrd, Levitre and a few more, and the depth of this team is in trouble before the season even starts.

Under the salary cap, most teams no longer have much depth because they can't afford it. The Bills are no different although they've had a higher percentage of players go on IR than other teams in the league by most reports. What is really a difference maker across teams is the complexity of the schemes they run on both offense and defense. By that, I mean how complex each position has it within their scheme. A team with players making a lot of decisions both pre-snap and during the play will suffer more acutely when a starter goes down because the replacement has so much to know.

Teams with simple schemes tend to weather injuries better. I think the Jets seem to have a complex defense but for each individual player, it's pretty simple. The Bills offense, with so many complex reads on the part of its receivers would suffer more, in my opinion, when players go down.

This could help account for the drastic reversals the team has suffered as the seasons roll on.

That they're easily winded?

The whole winded issue came about IMO when they pulled all the flat screens from the weight room. The next GM will put in 3D flatscreens and problem solved. Players workout get in shape (yea Dareus you) and CJ runs the rock for 2000 yards next season Edited by Best Player Available