new, great tasting (to me) type of lemon

birdog1960

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess Meyer lemons have been around for a while but we had em for the first time this Christmas (one of our guests drinks martinis and we wanted to be prepared).. apparently they're a chinese hybrid mix of mandarin orange and lemon. i like sea breezes and they totally changed the flavor of that drink for the better. bet they would be awesome in the summer in lemonade or over a fish dish. anybody else tried em?

I've grown meyer lemons for 30 years. First in the Bay area ca. Now on the southern Oregon coast where the yield is way smaller. Cannot live without Meyers. Edited by Best Player Available

I've grown meyer lemons for 30 years. First in the Bay area ca. Now on the southern Oregon coast where the yield is way smaller. Cannot live without Meyers.

The first or one of the first? Either way I have questions. Advice? No! Questions. There's a big difference.

The first or one of the first? Either way I have questions. Advice? No! Questions. There's a big difference.

Not sure what your asking here? BTW I charge for advice anyways. But, i meant to say when I lived in SF, then in the bay area and now 90 miles north of California on the Oregon coast I have always grown Meyer lemons. Learned all the tricks of preserving, etc. Then they took off and we had bushels we would give away. Got questions? ask away. I answer questions at no charge.

Wow... I had to read this post 3 times slowly... Then I put into my frame of extreme logic and figured it right out! ;-) :-P

Stop copying me! ;-)

And no. There is no difference between advice and questions. Questions lead to advice. Questions constitute advice. :-)

You are officially on notice for asking for help!

Not sure what your asking here? BTW I charge for advice anyways. But, i meant to say when I lived in SF, then in the bay area and now 90 miles north of California on the Oregon coast I have always grown Meyer lemons. Learned all the tricks of preserving, etc. Then they took off and we had bushels we would give away. Got questions? ask away. I answer questions at no charge.

Sorry reread your post. I read it as you saying you were the first in the Bay Area to grow them. The period after ca and the capital N in Now threw me off. :lol:

wal mart had em yesterday for $1.67 a bag (pound) guess they didn't sell so well here. so we bought 6 bags and canned them whole along with syrup and candied rine. just had some syrup on vanilla ice cream...highly recommended!

nope. the wife always makes fun of me for drinking things that should come with a paper umbrella. but i'm old enough to like what i like without concern.

It's not about being old. I'm young and drink good tasting stuff too. That glazed donut vodka is damn delicious.

It's not about being old. I'm young and drink good tasting stuff too. That glazed donut vodka is damn delicious.

got olive garden gift cards for Christmas from co-workers. gotta say i wasn't enticed by the caramel brulee martini. but i like white russians. ya like what ya like.... has anybody else ever had explosive diarrhea after eating at olive garden. i'm thinking a plate of calmari and a couple beers is the only way to use the balance on the cards.