New title: The Crusaders

Fezmid

Nah, he just dropped passes that could have extended drives which could have ended in points.

Plenty of blame to go around..

194883[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but of the passes Moulds dropped, most if not all were on 3rd down, no? NONE of those passes Moulds dropped would have given the Bills a first down, unless he also broke some tackles.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but of the passes Moulds dropped, most if not all were on 3rd down, no?  NONE of those passes Moulds dropped would have given the Bills a first down, unless he also broke some tackles.

194943[/snapback]

Which tells me our veteran WR ran a route that was shorter than it should have been.

As far as I remember Moulds only dropped 1 ball Sunday.

In the 1st qrtr on 3rd/long he was on a crossing route with Chad Scott in his shirt and had he caught it he would have been tackled immediately for about a 7rd gain, but would have been short of the 1st and the Bills would have punted anyways.

Drew tried again to hit him on the same route later on but Scott was there again and got a hand on that one.

So Moulds had one single drop that cost the Bills a grand total of about 7yrds of meaningless field position.....

Plunkett is not in the HOF, nor is Kenny Stabler.  With the exception of Brady (TBD) and possibly Favre (Reggie White), each HOF QB on that list is (or likely will be) joined by MULTIPLE teammates in Canton.

194874[/snapback]

OK I was right on Plunkett then and I messed up with Stabler. So you've got 11 guys that aren't in the hall leading their teams to the title.

Of course many of them have lots of HOF teammates, but I'll be you if you went and looked at all of them, the numbers for a DE wouldn't be as high as they are for a quarterback. There might only be 5 DE's that have been on SB winning teams in the HOF, as compared to 27 QB's.

In the 1st qrtr on 3rd/long he was on a crossing route with Chad Scott in his shirt and had he caught it he would have been tackled immediately for about a 7rd gain, but would have been short of the 1st and the Bills would have punted anyways.

Drew tried again to hit him on the same route later on but Scott was there again and got a hand on that one.

So Moulds had one single drop that cost the Bills a grand total of about 7yrds of meaningless field position.....

194968[/snapback]

Moulds dropped 3. And he runs his patterns half speed. His completions are for 8 yards or less. He gets no separation. Ever watch a NE game? There have been plenty in prime time this year.

Doesn't it frost you just a bit that the announcers are always saying..."Look at the time Brady has.. Wow look at that protection.. and so on? And his receivers are always open by 5 yards, and they catch EVERTHING!!!

This receiving corps is a joke. A joke. Moulds has stopped jumping for balls, diving for balls and runs secondary patterns half heartedly. Reed as a slot receiver is pathetic. And with Campbell and Euhus out there is NO tight end option. Evans has been good as a rookie, he still has a lot to learn. I'm excited about him.

You want to spend money in the off season? This is and the Offensive line are the areas to look.

Our receivers, as a group, are sub par.

194968[/snapback]

I saw the same thing, but I think both were drops by Moulds. Still, the main point is that he was wearing Scott as the second uniform, and none would have resulted in a first down. To Darin's point, the ball was thrown well before he would have had a chance to cross the imaginary yellow line.

Moulds dropped 3. And he runs his patterns half speed.  His completions are for 8 yards or less.  He gets no separation.  Ever watch a NE game? There have been plenty in prime time this year.

Doesn't it frost you just a bit that the announcers are always saying..."Look at the time Brady has.. Wow look at that protection.. and so on?  And his receivers are always open by 5 yards, and they catch EVERTHING!!!

This receiving corps is a joke. A joke. Moulds has stopped jumping for balls, diving for balls and runs secondary patterns half heartedly. Reed as a slot receiver is pathetic.  And with Campbell and Euhus out there is NO tight end option.  Evans has been good as a rookie, he still has a lot to learn.  I'm excited about him.

You want to spend money in the off season? This is and the Offensive line are the areas to look.

Our receivers, as a group, are sub par.

195001[/snapback]

This post is just bizarre... actually, it's just plain wrong. Moulds gets no separation? Why is he still double-covered most of the time, then? He doesn't jump for balls? What about his acrobatic catch against the Steelers (on a horribly thrown ball by Bledsoe that was only 4 yards past the line of scrimage)? Incidentally, he then broke 2 1/2 tackles and came up just short of the first down. Luckily, it wasn't a third-down play. This receiving corps is FAR from a joke, actually. Yes they need a slot receiver and a consistent TE. They also need a QB who can buy time in the pocket and throw accurate passes.

This post is just bizarre... actually, it's just plain wrong.  Moulds gets no separation?  Why is he still double-covered most of the time, then?  He doesn't jump for balls?  What about his acrobatic catch against the Steelers (on a horribly thrown ball by Bledsoe that was only 4 yards past the line of scrimage)?  Incidentally, he then broke 2 1/2 tackles and came up just short of the first down.  Luckily, it wasn't a third-down play.  This receiving corps is FAR from a joke, actually.  Yes they need a slot receiver and a consistent TE.  They also need a QB who can buy time in the pocket and throw accurate passes.

195014[/snapback]

Moulds is living on his rep. He clearly has you sucked in. You don't seem to remember the key drops.

You just admitted that they need a slot receiver and a TE. That's 50% of a QBs options on passing plays. You think that and 11 penalties might have had an impact on Sunday? Nah.... the QB sucks.

Moulds is living on his rep.  He clearly has you sucked in. You don't seem to remember the key drops.

You just admitted that they need a slot receiver and a TE.  That's 50% of a QBs options on passing plays.  You think that and 11 penalties might have had an impact on Sunday? Nah.... the QB sucks.

195019[/snapback]

What are the "key drops"? That's already been debunked - those plays would not have resulted in first downs. The QB does suck - look at the efficiency stats I posted earlier. I understand you want new receivers, a new TE, a new o-line, etc., but meanwhile other offenses manage to get by with just a decent QB and one or two options in the passing game (the Chiefs, the Falcons, the Jets, the Eagles, etc.)

QUOTE(Oneida Lake @ Jan 5 2005, 09:53 PM)

Moulds is living on his rep.  He clearly has you sucked in. You don't seem to remember the key drops.

From one of Drews biggest supporters! 

And your point?

Nah, why start making one now, it would be so out of character.

195031[/snapback]

True irony if you consider the source. You could replace Moulds with Bledsoe in your original post and it would make alot more sense. Moulds is double teamed every play. Hes an unbeleivable blocker who hustles his ass off every play. He has a tremendous work ethic and might be the best athlete on the Bills. He has done everything to remain loyal to the Bills and he has kicked ass for us ever since his second year. But in your eyes its not Drew- its Eric. BTW as far as character- you are oozing with it. Very classy referring to JP as JP Loserman. I might add very mature.

What are the "key drops"?  That's already been debunked - those plays would not have resulted in first downs.  The QB does suck - look at the efficiency stats I posted earlier.  I understand you want new receivers, a new TE, a new o-line, etc., but meanwhile other offenses manage to get by with just a decent QB and one or two options in the passing game (the Chiefs, the Falcons, the Jets, the Eagles, etc.)

195035[/snapback]

The Chiefs? Come again?

The Falcons. Vick runs for 900 yards this year.

Let's see how the Eagles do without TO.

The Jets have Curtis Martin. McGahee is NOT Curtis Martin..yet.

Switching the QB isn't going to solve all the inefficiencies in this team. You'd think a "coach" would know that.

It's obvious that The Crusaders are taking over TSW.  EVERY post must be about Drew because everything is his fault.

Give it a rest Crusaders.  It's getting old.

CW

193800[/snapback]

Same on "the other board"!

True irony if you consider the source. You could replace Moulds with Bledsoe in your original post and it would make alot more sense. Moulds is double teamed every play. Hes an unbeleivable blocker who hustles his ass off every play. He has a tremendous work ethic and might be the best athlete on the Bills. He has done everything to remain loyal to the Bills and he has kicked ass for us ever since his second year. But in your eyes its not Drew- its Eric. BTW as far as character- you are oozing with it. Very classy referring to JP as JP Loserman. I might add very mature.

195039[/snapback]

Pete you should know not to bother with the Drew apologists, they can't provide stats, they just blindly support him with no basis or facts.

It's fruitless.