Saints vs Cowboys-Ot screw-up by the refs?

Zona

When the receiver fumbles ball forward to the 2 yard line, recovered by Graham, shouldn't the Holy Roller rule apply? Any ball fumbled forward and recovered by the fumbling team in the final two minutes of the fourth quarter, or OVERTIME, the ball is supposed to go back to the spot of the fumble.

I know most here won't care, since we laid another turd on the field. I just can't stand the fact that the refs don't seem to know the rules....if that is not the rule, then fine. my bad.

ok. I thought it applied to OT as well. since timing rules, replay and others are all the same as the last two minutes of regulation. And I vaguely remembered the refs moving the ball back in OT somewhere else in the same situation. Maybe my memory is turning to crap as I get older....

Thanks Ramius.

Fourth quarter. Rules apply. Since it was earlier then no...had it been under 2 minutes then yes.

well, that sure doesnt make sense then.. think about it, "the last two minutes", well when you are in overtime, it is essentially the same thing.. you are playing like it is the "last two minutes" i really dont care, but the NFL sometimes just out thinks themselves.. Edited by dwight in philly