Playing for the Championship

Johnny Hammersticks

So, I narrowly squeaked out a win last week despite a mediocre showing by my RB1, Doug Martin. I have my line-up tentatively set, but there are some difficult matchups (Trent Richardson vs Denver & V-Jax vs St. Louis for example). Here is my current line-up with bench players. Any advice would be greatly appreciated....some BIG bucks on the line here.

*Non PPR league

QB: Cam Newton (OAK)

RB: Doug Martin (STL)

RB: Alfred Morris (@PHI)

RB/WR: Trent Richardson (@DEN)

WR: Brandon Marshall (@ARI)

WR: Vincent Jackson (STL)

TE: Tony Gonzalez (@DET)

D/ST: Denver (CLE)

K: Matt Bryant (@DET)

Bench:

RG-III (@PHI) - not sure about his status for this week.

Rob Gronkowski (@JAX) - not sure about his status yet.

Hakeem Nicks (@BAL)

Reggie Wayne (@KC)

Mikel Leshoure (ATL)

DeAngelo Williams (OAK) - Could be big again this week if Jonathan Stewart is inactive again.

Cecil Shorts (NE) - Could have big game against porous NE secondary.

What do y'all think?

never ever play Deangelo williams!!!! You look pretty set but it sucks to have your rb against your d. Good Luck! I'm also in the championship of my keeper league and offered a split to the other team but one manager didn't want it. He's a notorious whiner so I hope I destroy him to be able to rub it in his face. Reality is though he was the points leader and his team is sick. I hope Gronk comes back for you bc Hernandez has been killin it for him with Gronk out.

never ever play Deangelo williams!!!! You look pretty set but it sucks to have your rb against your d. Good Luck! I'm also in the championship of my keeper league and offered a split to the other team but one manager didn't want it. He's a notorious whiner so I hope I destroy him to be able to rub it in his face. Reality is though he was the points leader and his team is sick. I hope Gronk comes back for you bc Hernandez has been killin it for him with Gronk out.

He's been beasting lately and has a great matchup. I don't know about Doug Martin but I would consider getting him some action maybe over Richardson. Richardson finds the endzone but if he doesn't he would have been busting (fantasy wise) long ago...Denver has a pretty good D....etc...

Really? I'm interested in your logic here. With Jonathan Stewart out, Williams has been an absolute beast in the past two weeks.

I would have to get DeAngelo in there somehow maybe over Doug Martin. Also would consider Reggie Wayne against that terrible KC over VJ. Not easy decisions though.

I was thinking DeAngelo over Trent Richardson. Martin has a favorable matchup over the 22nd ranked St. Louis rush defense, while Trent has a horrible matchup versus that Denver defense on the road. Denver hasn't allowed over 70 rushing yards or a TD in the past 3 weeks. I also was thinking Reggie Wayne over V-Jax.

He's been beasting lately and has a great matchup. I don't know about Doug Martin but I would consider getting him some action maybe over Richardson. Richardson finds the endzone but if he doesn't he would have been busting (fantasy wise) long ago...Denver has a pretty good D....etc...

Agreed on all accounts....I think the biggest decision is going to be V-Jax or Wayne. It seems that every time I bench V-Jax he absolutely goes off, so I'm a bit cautious about that.

Thanks for all the helpful input y'all. With RG-III now predicted to start this week, what do you all think about him over Cam? Both have GREAT matchups but I'm nervous that RG-III might tweak his knee and be yanked early in the game (especially with their perceived confidence in Cousins). I think I might just play it safe and stick with Cam.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.