Finding a QB - lets think of it this way

peterpan

In the past two seasons, Kapernick and Dalton went after our 2nd round pick, Wilson, Cousins, and Foles have gone after our 3rd round pick, and the 2nd overall pick was traded away, which went to the Skins for RG3.

Every year people on this board fall in love with one or two QB prospect they want the Bills to draft. Some may have hated Dalton but loved Kaep or hated RG3 and loved Foles, in the past two seasons it really hasn't matter who you liked because the Bills likely had a shot at them multiple times.

My point is every Bills fan in the world could have stumbled upon a QB in the past two drafts. If you were the GM you could have taken Kaep in the 2nd, you could have traded up for RG3, or taken Wilson or Foles or Cousins when they fell into your lap.

Any Bills fan, regardless of who you are, could have found a QB by now, and chances are they would have been good. How does Buddy not have to answer to his total lack of urgency and lack of scouting skill with regard to find us a QB? He should be fired on that failure alone.

The problem for any rookie QB coming in to this team is that the team sucks and the coaches suck. The young QBs who are doing well are on solid teams with good coaches. Lots of other young QBs have come into the league over the last few years and not done well (Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, McCoy, Tebow, Sanchez, Weeden, Etc).

My point is, just because the Bills draft a QB in the upcoming draft, we cannot assume our problems are solved.

Also, I would suggest that the Bills select 2 QBs this year. Go with one in Rd1 and then one in Rd3-4. One of the two should hopefully work out for us.

It's fun to speculate on the success of other quarterbacks playing for other teams and make the assumption that they would be having the same success with this Bills team. I'm sorry, but until we get someone that can actually call plays offensively, it really won't matter who we have at quarterback. The Bills averaged 4.7 yards per pass attempt this Sunday and tried to throw the ball 43 times. On the flip side, the Bills averaged 5.6 yards per rush attempt and only ran it 21 times. To say that Gailey is stupid is an understatement. Besides all of that, there's still a key metric that people love to ignore. -2 in the turnover battle. They're -10 on the year with only 5 teams worse off. Sorry folks, but it doesn't matter if they draft Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, or Tyler Wilson. They're still going to suck until they get a coach that knows what he's doing.

In the past two seasons, Kapernick and Dalton went after our 2nd round pick, Wilson, Cousins, and Foles have gone after our 3rd round pick, and the 2nd overall pick was traded away, which went to the Skins for RG3.

Every year people on this board fall in love with one or two QB prospect they want the Bills to draft. Some may have hated Dalton but loved Kaep or hated RG3 and loved Foles, in the past two seasons it really hasn't matter who you liked because the Bills likely had a shot at them multiple times.

My point is every Bills fan in the world could have stumbled upon a QB in the past two drafts. If you were the GM you could have taken Kaep in the 2nd, you could have traded up for RG3, or taken Wilson or Foles or Cousins when they fell into your lap.

Any Bills fan, regardless of who you are, could have found a QB by now, and chances are they would have been good. How does Buddy not have to answer to his total lack of urgency and lack of scouting skill with regard to find us a QB? He should be fired on that failure alone.

For every successful Kaepernick, Wilson and Daltons, there are duds in Ponder, Clausen, Skelton etc, And to be honest the data samples for Cousins and Kapernick are so small to assume that they are already successful draft picks.

Having said, still the axe is on Nix for not even attempting to draft a few of them in the 4th-5th rounds of the draft.

The problem for any rookie QB coming in to this team is that the team sucks and the coaches suck. The young QBs who are doing well are on solid teams with good coaches. Lots of other young QBs have come into the league over the last few years and not done well (Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, McCoy, Tebow, Sanchez, Weeden, Etc).

My point is, just because the Bills draft a QB in the upcoming draft, we cannot assume our problems are solved.

Also, I would suggest that the Bills select 2 QBs this year. Go with one in Rd1 and then one in Rd3-4. One of the two should hopefully work out for us.

Almost like the last QB we took in the first round JP , the guy had all the tools but our coaching staff sealed his fate by pulling him then putting him in & then starting him then not starting him & changing the scheme more than a few times that is what your talking about right ??

My last 2 QB's in the draft that i thought we should have picked were Dalton, Wilson & they were both sitting there when we picked , but what do i know ???

Edited by T master

In the last 6 drafts the Bills have taken 2 QB's in Edwards and Levi Brown. The Patriots have taken 3.

The difference is, the Patriots were drafting low taking a chance on finding a decent backup, the Bills were drafting trying to find the quarterback of the future. Apples and oranges at best.

Well, the evidence I'm looking at over the past several years, and certainly the past 3 off seasons is, you have Spiller, Dareus, and Gilmore via the top draft pix. Glenn, Hairston, Graham, Aaron Williams , Rodgers, Carrington, Moats, Bradham, White, Brooks, Troup, Sanders. And, additionally the Bills have added waiver acquisitons, trade, or free agents like Jones, Thigpen, Nelson, Pears, Martin, Urbick, Rinehard, Mario, Anderson, Tarvaris, Merriman, Young, Dickerson, Chandler. That's your core folks.

Well, Buddy and Chan took over this team three years ago when it was 6 - 10, told us how much better the talent is, and have never produced a season with more than 6 wins. Their predecessors, except for one season in the past 13 have never delivered more than a single winning season (9-7) and not a single playoff appearance. Sensing a trend here? Look at the top of the organization folks.

As long as Ralph is at the top of the chain you're not going to see .500, let alone playoffs. That is by design. Ralph knows he is a lot closer than many of us to a meeting with his maker. Winning aint even on his list of things to do. His primary agenda is settting the table for his survivors. He doesn't care who runs the show as long as it is done within the paramteres he has set forth. And, the bottom line is not "W"s, it is .... profit, cash flow. And he accomplishes that on your back, fans. Continue to support the Ralph Wilson circus and you are rewarding him for failure. Yeah, you are tacitally giving approval of failure.

Yeah... everyone will get ther wish that at least Chan is gone, maybe Buddy too. But then what? Ralph serves up the same ole s#it sandwich and in the coming weeks/months Ralph's lemming, Russ will serve up a fresh batch of something, pass it of as good ole Bills lemonade, and then after a few sips you realize it's the same ole piss you've been drinking for the past 13 years.

Folks, by now you know the drill... or should. Something has to give. If you buy tickets or provide any financial assitance to the Bills organization, you have a choice... quit giving your money up or shut your pie hole. By giving up your money you're OK with the Bills M.O. By bitching and complaining while not giving up your money you are doing the right thing in providing incentive for the Bills organization to not be run like circus. Consider me in that latter category.

Edited by Dr. Trooth