Lets go Philly!

tito1

Might as well comment on two quarterbacks that the Bills have been criticized for not drafting.

Foles converted a nice 3rd down, rolling from the pocket and keeping his eyes downfield. A 26-yard completion to Avant.

He just threw a nice pass on 3rd down which was dropped by the receiver and possibly also a defensive pass interference.

Dalton doesn't look so great. They don't ask him to do a lot and yet, he never overdelivers.

Brandon Graham, the guy I wanted the Bills to draft instead of Spiller (probably I was wrong) continues to really come on. The Eagles desire to give Graham and Vinnie Curry more playing time was a big part of the reason why they cut Jason Babin.

Graham tore his ACL at the end of his rookie season but is starting to show why he was so highly regarded coming out of Michigan.

Td throw looked easy for him. When he sets feet he makes nice throws
I've rooted against Dalton since our loss last year. He makes the same mistakes as Fitz, but has the rest of his career to improve.

Yeah, he seems pretty smart but limited. It's like he's got a decent floor and a low ceiling.

Td throw looked easy for him. When he sets feet he makes nice throws

Also so far this season, Foles looks very polished. His technique and mechanics look excellent.

If Foles can generate some offense that will be pretty impressive because the Cinci defense has been playing very well.

Great scramble by Foles.

Vontaze Burfict who I thought looked horrible on video has really played great for Cinci.

After being a highly rated prospect as a junior he stunk it up as a senior and went undrafted.

I really didn't see his talent but he's been outstanding.

Dalton doesn't look so great. They don't ask him to do a lot and yet, he never overdelivers.

Brandon Graham, the guy I wanted the Bills to draft instead of Spiller (probably I was wrong) continues to really come on. The Eagles desire to give Graham and Vinnie Curry more playing time was a big part of the reason why they cut Jason Babin.

Graham tore his ACL at the end of his rookie season but is starting to show why he was so highly regarded coming out of Michigan.

Yeah, he seems pretty smart but limited. It's like he's got a decent floor and a low ceiling.

Also so far this season, Foles looks very polished. His technique and mechanics look excellent.

If Foles can generate some offense that will be pretty impressive because the Cinci defense has been playing very well.

Great scramble by Foles.

Vontaze Burfict who I thought looked horrible on video has really played great for Cinci.

After being a highly rated prospect as a junior he stunk it up as a senior and went undrafted.

I really didn't see his talent but he's been outstanding.

I'm still having a hard time with a lot of people anointing Wilson, cousins, foles already. Statistically it still should play out that we end up with one being a Trent Edwards, one a Kevin kolb, and if really lucky one Matt schuab. Guys that flash potential but don't typically pan out. There's bound to be an embarassing dareus for one of them that turns around and gets benched thread.

Edited by NoSaint

I'm not an Andy Reid fan but he is very good at getting QBs ready to play and getting more out of them then what most think they have

AJ Feely played well enough for Eagles that they snaked a second round pick out of the Dolphins. They also made a playoff run with Jeff Garcia when most thought he was done and turned Vick around for at least a season

I like Dalton but can't believe how bad they have been on 3rd down all season

I'm not an Andy Reid fan but he is very good at getting QBs ready to play and getting more out of them then what most think they have

AJ Feely played well enough for Eagles that they snaked a second round pick out of the Dolphins. They also made a playoff run with Jeff Garcia when most thought he was done and turned Vick around for at least a season

I like Dalton but can't believe how bad they have been on 3rd down all season

He wasn't that great down the stretch last year either. Ends up being great value for them in the second but it'll be an interesting spot come contract time when he has a 4 year resume with playoff appearances etc.... I don't know if he's the guy that gets them over the hump but it'll be hard to transition for obvious reasons

Edited by NoSaint

I'm still having a hard time with a lot of people anointing Wilson, cousins, foles already. Statistically it still should play out that we end up with one being a Trent Edwards, one a Kevin kolb, and if really lucky one Matt schuab. Guys that flash potential but don't typically pan out. There's bound to be an embarassing dareus for one of them that turns around and gets benched thread.

Here are my thoughts in a nutshell:

Foles looks great to me. However as more video becomes available to him, DC are gonna adjust and make things more difficult. So in order to simply maintain his level of goodness, he'll have to improve. I think he looks great though. Quick thinker, good mechanics, nice array of throws and when to use them.

AJ Feely played well enough for Eagles that they snaked a second round pick out of the Dolphins. They also made a playoff run with Jeff Garcia when most thought he was done and turned Vick around for at least a season.

Yep. Andy Reid has consistently done a great job coaching up QBs. He's definitely one of the best ever at it.

And Dalton definitely continues to look very ordinary.

I'm thinking right now that I'm glad we didn't draft him although I wish it hadn't been Aaron Williams. AJ Green is such a great player and if you took him away, I think Dalton would be considered a disappointment.

Here are my thoughts in a nutshell:

Foles looks great to me. However as more video becomes available to him, DC are gonna adjust and make things more difficult. So in order to simply maintain his level of goodness, he'll have to improve. I think he looks great though. Quick thinker, good mechanics, nice array of throws and when to use them.

Yep. Andy Reid has consistently done a great job coaching up QBs. He's definitely one of the best ever at it.

And Dalton definitely continues to look very ordinary.

I'm thinking right now that I'm glad we didn't draft him although I wish it hadn't been Aaron Williams. AJ Green is such a great player and if you took him away, I think Dalton would be considered a disappointment.

I think the two halves of this post very much go hand in hand. It's a big part of why I try to hold out on qbs until a good year or so in, unless they are showing superhuman skill sets. There will be about 10-15 guys that physically can put a game (or a few) together at the nfl level in any given draft. Of those it's incredibly lucky if 3-4 are able to string a career together and likely 1-2 can string a more significant career than fitz for example. The amount of work and growth in addition to raw natural talent needed just to remain average really does seperate the field as time goes. If they find any weakness you can't fix - your toast. You can hide those a few weeks but it'll eventually come around.

Like I said, dalton will be an interesting case. He appears to have flatlined above backup but below contender. What the bengals do with that will be incredibly tricky in long term planning

Edited by NoSaint

Like I said, dalton will be an interesting case. He appears to have flatlined above backup but below contender. What the bengals do with that will be incredibly tricky in long term planning

Yeah. At this moment it's a fair question as to whether the Bengals are happy with having drafted Dalton where they did and also as you point out, how to approach him going forward.

Going back to your earlier point about anointing, I try not to do that but one of my favorite parts about being an NFL fan is watching a player and predicting what kind of career that player will have.

Another great play by Burfict.

How is it a guy can be a better NFL player than he was a college player?

Yeah. At this moment it's a fair question as to whether the Bengals are happy with having drafted Dalton where they did and also as you point out, how to approach him going forward.

Going back to your earlier point about anointing, I try not to do that but one of my favorite parts about being an NFL fan is watching a player and predicting what kind of career that player will have.

Another great play by Burfict.

How is it a guy can be a better NFL player than he was a college player?

Kid has all the talent in the world but didnt... Care? Want to do the work?

He had flashes of greatness before getting out of shape and seemingly giving up. The fire seems to be back but who knows how long he keeps it lit. How he deals with adversity has been all over the board.

Might as well comment on two quarterbacks that the Bills have been criticized for not drafting.

Foles converted a nice 3rd down, rolling from the pocket and keeping his eyes downfield. A 26-yard completion to Avant.

He just threw a nice pass on 3rd down which was dropped by the receiver and possibly also a defensive pass interference.

As a draft reminder this game for me revisits taking dareus over aj greene. Its also a painful reminder how meaningful it would have been of bills won last week

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

AJ Green bails out Dalton a lot. Very similar to how Megatron bails out Matthew Stafford, who I think really sucks.

Kid has all the talent in the world but didnt... Care? Want to do the work?

He had flashes of greatness before getting out of shape and seemingly giving up. The fire seems to be back but who knows how long he keeps it lit. How he deals with adversity has been all over the board.

The NFL's a funny league. Burfict looks ten times bettter than Maualuga who was a highly drafted player.

The NFL's a funny league. Burfict looks ten times bettter than Maualuga who was a highly drafted player.

Rey is a free agent this year I believe. Middle of the pack, young vet 43 linebacker..... Has had issues but also played well.... Crossed my mind once or twice but don't see enough cincy (and when I do, haven't watched him) to argue anything.

This is pretty sad watching Andy Reid's swan song. He shouldn't have coached this year...he has no focus. His team's self destruction is proof that he was not ready to coach after that tragedy. Nice guy (it appears) but I wouldn't want him coaching my team.

This Bengals win basically ends our chance at playoffs right???

This Bengals win basically ends our chance at playoffs right???

I know as much about that as does Chan Gailey, which isn't much.

Apparently during Monday morning's presser he said something to the effect that the playoffs were out the window even though the Bills were technically still alive.