The "Fire Chan Gailey Now!" petition.

RogerNapalm

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can fire Chan, but what will the result be? Answer... a new HC that doesn't to deserve to be an HC on any level but high school.

I've got a better idea.... How about we circulate a petition for the governor of the state of New York use executive powers of emininat domain to take over the Buffal Bills and then resell to someone that has a passion to win.

No. With a new HC comes new systems. And another 3 years of rebuilding before we fire that coach too.

Who are the top prospects out there anyways?

By that logic, no bad team should ever be able to get good. And yet it happens every year. Good teams have continuity because when something is going well, you try not to change it. Thus, continuity and winning go hand in hand. But it's the winning that causes the continuity, not the other way around. Do you really think that if we'd kept Dick Jauron for the past 3+ years that we'd have made the playoffs at any point?

Chan Gailey is not a competent coach, is not young or inexperienced, and has shown very little tendency to correct his mistakes. No amount of continuity will transform him into a good coach.

Who has to get their head out of their asses here, the coach who won't play his best player, or the fans who are fed up with the losing?

It is unlikely at this point that the coach is capable of doing that.

Blind firing without a better replacement is not going to stop the losing, but rather would contribute to even more losing.

Who has to get their head out of their asses here, the coach who won't play his best player, or the fans who are fed up with the losing?

Agreed. Teams regularly turn things around in less than three years when they have the right leadership. Unfortunately, the problems with this organization start further up the totem pole. Nevertheless, a better HC would have gotten better results out of the existing talent on the team. After 13 years of this pathetic excuse of an organization, I would be happy with a winning season.

But Jerry Jones said his big regret was.....

I've seen enough, no Spiller on O, D can't make a big stop in a crucial moment.....coach afraid to let his kicker try to put points on the board.

I don't care how many other coaches have not panned out.....the players do not believe anymore....and that you can't get back....get another one in here and make sure his D coordinator a 4-3 guy for fux's sake.

It is unlikely at this point that the coach is capable of doing that.

Blind firing without a better replacement is not going to stop the losing, but rather would contribute to even more losing.

Will it stop the losing? Probably not this year. It is of my opinion that there are probably 2 or 3 coaches on the staff right now that would make better decisions that Chan Gailey has. Blind firing? I don't think so. This organization needs to send a message to the players and the fans. Fire him now and promote Wanny to interim HC. Get a game plan together for the off season.

Will it stop the losing? Probably not this year. It is of my opinion that there are probably 2 or 3 coaches on the staff right now that would make better decisions that Chan Gailey has. Blind firing? I don't think so. This organization needs to send a message to the players and the fans. Fire him now and promote Wanny to interim HC. Get a game plan together for the off season.

Wait... You think Wannstedt would be a better HC than Chan, and that someone within the organization would be a good HC? If they were to promote from within, people would then be calling for Nix's head (or Ralph's some more) for promoting from within!

Wait... You think Wannstedt would be a better HC than Chan, and that someone within the organization would be a good HC? If they were to promote from within, people would then be calling for Nix's head (or Ralph's some more) for promoting from within!

For the remainder of this season. I didn't say permanent.

And, yes. I do think that Wanny would make better decisions than Chan at this point. Atleast for the rest of this season.

Cowher again :) I bet he is just dying to give up his cushy job to coach in Buffalo with no QB ...starter, backup, or kid to groom. :)

That's why you make him a Godfather offer - so much money/equity that he can't refuse. About time we stopped getting coaches on the cheap.