Johnny football

NoSaint

I'm actually really curious about this - is good old Johnny football not only noteworthy for being a freshman to win the heisman but.....

The first to be a third string qb showing up in the media in a shirtless mugshot in the spring to go on and go on and win it that fall? Typically stuff like that sours voters. Maybe cause he wasn't on the radar then, he snuck by with it?

The actual question - has anyone else won it having been arrested that same calendar year?

Anyone else think this kid screams trouble for whoever drafts him one day? He has a high school arrest too and a lot of rumblings about not being.... smart.... off the field.

He was never on the radar IMO until he beat 'Bama. Then suddenly he was the greatest player in the history of the sport. He got away with being arrested because no one cared at the time and everyone who voted for the Heisman just decided to make history by having a freshman be the winner for the first time.

I should have been Te'o. IMO, Klein and John Boy should have cancelled each other out because they had similar seasons. ND was carried by their defense and the MLB was the main reason for that dominance. That should be the story of the season. Coach Ken Sumlin's offense allows for insane stats. See Case Keenum, who is struggling to make a NFL roster.

I look for 2 things from Manziel. First, how will he perform next season after the SEC coaches and defenses have a year of game film on him? There's a good chance of a let down. Second, he's 6'1" and barely 200 lbs. No way does that slight of a frame hold up in the NFL.

I should have been Te'o. IMO, Klein and John Boy should have cancelled each other out because they had similar seasons. ND was carried by their defense and the MLB was the main reason for that dominance. That should be the story of the season. Coach Ken Sumlin's offense allows for insane stats. See Case Keenum, who is struggling to make a NFL roster.

I wasn't aware that "type of offense" was considered by Heisman voters. Here I thought it was based on the most outstanding season. Silly me thinking logically on the Internet again.....

I wasn't aware that "type of offense" was considered by Heisman voters. Here I thought it was based on the most outstanding season. Silly me thinking logically on the Internet again.....

Yea, I mean why would they consider his role and what was asked of him when evaluating his season....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.