Kelsay to IR

Rubes

End of the road as a Bill for Kelsay?

Quite possibly. He's made a ton of money in his career. But now that other players have shown well in comparison, I can't imagine him being here next year.

Makes you wonder. Going into next season, we have five DE on the roster in Mario, Moore, Kelsay, Anderson, and Merriman. I'd say it will come down to Kelsay vs. Merriman, unless we draft a promising prospect. Then all bets are off.

I don't think Merriman will be here either. That last DE spot will go to a prospect, IMO.

Kelsay is done. He hasn't been nearly as effective as Merriman or Moore. Also, I'd really like to see Carrington in there at end. He is a tweener. DT is not where he is going to have the most success. He looked like best D player vs Jax. Put him at end and watch the sacks, run stuffs, and pass deflections pile up. He doesn't get nearly enough snaps!

I've posted about Carrington playing DE numerous times. He's good at tackle but he's talented enough to play end as well and we have to find more snaps for this guy.

Every week he gets noticeably better.

They should let Carrington play both positions, move him around and get him more snaps.

i think kelsey, mcgee, george wilson, and nick barnett need to retire. they all had there better days behind them, time for some more youth. looks like carrington, brooks, are pushing for more time. nice to see merriman playing healthy, these three looked they were having fun playing last sunday

I don't know how 'effective' Merriman has been, but I agree that Carrington at end would make sense. They need him in the spencer johnson rotation though and obviously when he comes in fresh he's been a nice surprise.

I still think we should have kept Kellen Heard for the inside, that kid had skills. The Colts just signed him last week.

Why move Carrington just when he's starting to make some plays at DT?

Because Carrington has been dominating lately and needs more playing time.

He plays behind Dareus and Williams so giving him 5-6 more snaps a game at the position which he played in college (DE) makes him a better player and makes the Bills a better team.

He plays behind Dareus and Williams so giving him 5-6 more snaps a game at the position which he played in college (DE) makes him a better player and makes the Bills a better team.

Carrington is to big and slow to play DE in this league. Have you forgotten last season already? Spencer Johnson is a better DE than Carrington... and that's not good.

Also, I'd really like to see Carrington in there at end. He is a tweener. DT is not where he is going to have the most success. He looked like best D player vs Jax. Put him at end and watch the sacks, run stuffs, and pass deflections pile up. He doesn't get nearly enough snaps!

I agree that Carrington at end would make sense.

I've posted about Carrington playing DE numerous times. He's good at tackle but he's talented enough to play end as well and we have to find more snaps for this guy.

Every week he gets noticeably better.

They should let Carrington play both positions, move him around and get him more snaps.

Carrington is to big and slow to play DE in this league. Have you forgotten last season already? Spencer Johnson is a better DE than Carrington... and that's not good.

Too big and slow to play DE? That's inside the box thinking, IMO.

There's more than one style of defensive end and Carrington's height, wingspan, and power would serve him well at end.

He'd be a terror holding the point/setting the edge.

And the Bills could play him at DE on RUN DOWNS.

Also if you remember, the Bills attempted to play Spencer AND Carrington at linebacker in 2010 so that obviously speaks to some degree of athleticism.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Too big and slow to play DE? That's inside the box thinking, IMO.

There's more than one style of defensive end and Carrington's height, wingspan, and power would serve him well at end.

He'd be a terror holding the point/setting the edge.

And the Bills could play him at DE on RUN DOWNS.

Also if you remember, the Bills attempted to play Spencer AND Carrington at linebacker in 2010 so that obviously speaks to some degree of athleticism.

Or a serious lack of talent

Carrington would likely be at end if Mario wasn't insistant on playing the left side, but thats another issue.

Carrington should be the DE on short yardage. Mario, WIlliams, Dareus, Carrington is some big bodies, and it wouldn't hurt our pass rush at all.