Graham Parker & The Rumour from today...

The Poojer

for those that care and aren't friends with me on facebook....what a great show, so nice to hear that distinct GP sound....and to see the rest of The Rumour together after 30 years...

this isn't my video because my phone can't handle live shows, but my spot for the show was directly in front of GP's right side monitor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oi-1BmYm58

Edited by The Poojer

Ha, I'm laughing Pooj because I meant to PM you to encourage you to check out this show in case you weren't already a fan. But you were on it as usual. This was a free afternoon show I am guessing. They played a theater in Philly last night I think. Since they are not coming anywhere near Buffalo, the wife and I are heading to Boston to see them next Thursday, combined with a visit with our daughter. Can't wait and the videos from the shows so far are really great. Thanks for posting!

it was so cool to see them playing together...they looked like they should have been friends of my parents, in fact i really got a kick out of watching the guitarist, Martin Belmont...he was a cross between my father and Jim Boehiem, and just as nerdy looking, but damn was it great seeing them, even for a short 6-7 song set. and being in arms length of them was even cooler. You are gonna enjoy the full show, I guarantee it!

here is a link to the stream:

http://www.xpn.org/player/player.php?AudioGUID=b3c4d3bc-21b7-44c0-bf9a-26b202685f31&CategoryGUID=de7afc3b-9f23-4bfc-a5b3-abe769e017fc

Ha, I'm laughing Pooj because I meant to PM you to encourage you to check out this show in case you weren't already a fan. But you were on it as usual. This was a free afternoon show I am guessing. They played a theater in Philly last night I think. Since they are not coming anywhere near Buffalo, the wife and I are heading to Boston to see them next Thursday, combined with a visit with our daughter. Can't wait and the videos from the shows so far are really great. Thanks for posting!

Edited by The Poojer

FYI, I just read the script of and watched the upcoming Judd Apatow movie, "This Is 40", which is somewhat of the sequel to Knocked Up. And Graham Parker has a part in the movie, plays himself and sings a couple songs. It's pretty great. I am a big Graham Parker fan, especially "The Real McCaw". You should go see it just for him. It's a pretty good flick, too. Not hugely or outrageously funny, just good stuff. It's supposed to come out December 21 I think

I saw him play Market Square Arena in 1979, the line-up was Cheap Trick / GP and the Rumour / Blackfoot. The thing I remember most is that he was pretty annoyed to be there, not cause it was Indy :lol: but cause he didn't think he should be opening for anyone, & he let everyone know it.

I saw him play Market Square Arena in 1979, the line-up was Cheap Trick / GP and the Rumour / Blackfoot. The thing I remember most is that he was pretty annoyed to be there, not cause it was Indy :lol: but cause he didn't think he should be opening for anyone, & he let everyone know it.

He was part of the Elvis Costello/Joe Jackson/Graham Parker Angry-young-man thing at that point.

He was part of the Elvis Costello/Joe Jackson/Graham Parker Angry-young-man thing at that point.

I'd have much rather seen Elvis that night. :D Actually, he was OK, touring behind IMO his best LP, Squeezing Out Sparks. Cheap Trick was at their At Budokan height though, & that's who everyone went to see, most of the Indy crowd had never heard of GP.

Jay, that may have been the full show he played at night. He played the noon show at World Cafe Live as part of the weekly free at noon, those shows are normally about 30-45 minutes in length, he only did 6 or 7 songs....

looks like this guy got the whole show: http://www.youtube.c...talgicflashback. He might have even been standing next to you, Pooj

Jay, that may have been the full show he played at night. He played the noon show at World Cafe Live as part of the weekly free at noon, those shows are normally about 30-45 minutes in length, he only did 6 or 7 songs....

ah.

Hey here's a "featurette" about the reforming of the Rumour 31 years later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA_cpfZ3_oQ&feature=player_embedded