Offensive aggresiveness

jonramz

Has anyone else noticed in the past 2 games a distinct lack of aggressiveness from our offense. It seems earlier in the year when the defense was giving up tons of points, the offense was much more aggressive because they knew they had to score a lot to be in the game. But in the past 2 games when the defense was playing quite well, the offense has been much more conservative. I think against the Colts we ran more 2 TE and FB packages than we had all year.

I feel like when you have a competent defense you can take more chances offensively, not less.

Edited by jonramz

I agree. You'd think in your early series of "must win" games, you'd take even more chances. I hate Chan's game plan. Like sheep to the slaughter. How 'bout a fake punt. An on side kick. A running play.....ANYTHING.

Brilliant!

Chan's record is 14-29. I say let's try losing. We're certain to win. 29-14 would look pretty good, no?

My instinct tells me to pass on this 3rd and 1. My instinct tells me to punt from mid-field with 3:30 left in the game. My instinct tells me not to give CJ the ball more than 15 times. My instinct tells me that we can't run if the defense puts 8 in the box.

My instinct tells me to pass on this 3rd and 1. My instinct tells me to punt from mid-field with 3:30 left in the game. My instinct tells me not to give CJ the ball more than 15 times. My instinct tells me that we can't run if the defense puts 8 in the box.

That punt infuriated me. TOTALLY gutless.