21 years ago today...

LeviF

Innuendo is a remarkable album, very much because they knew Freddie was dying and it was Queen's last. And it was almost entirely his self-performed epitaph.

...Freddie Mercury succumbed to his illnesses and passed on at the age of 45. I know there are a bunch of Queen fans on the board, so I just figured I throw down a shout-out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ADh8Fs3YdU

Which I know you know, was the last song on Innuendo. Which was an absolutely perfect ending to both the album and his life.

Freddie was ridiculously talented.

I've heard that the only pop-rock singer that had a wider vocal range was Mariah Carey in her prime (5 octaves, Mercury was a hair short of 4). With full voice over the whole range.

In comparison, most of us would be very luck to cover two. I've had voice training, and can't cover two octaves.

I've heard that the only pop-rock singer that had a wider vocal range was Mariah Carey in her prime (5 octaves, Mercury was a hair short of 4). With full voice over the whole range.

I couldn't carry a tune if it had a handle, but I've been told that Pat Benatar also belongs in that conversation.

There are some actors, that even though they have done other movies, make me hesitant to see a movie they are starring in, based on characters they played in movies I didn't care for. And Cohen is one of those, based on Borat and Bruno. But he was good in Hugo.

Oh man, Borat and Bruno are two of my favorite comedies of all time...I've always loved prank type stuff cause they often serve as a social commentary. He took that to a whole other level and made me laugh harder than I have at any other film.