Time for Chan to hit the road?

Frez

Swapping HCs every 3 years isn't a recipe for success. Daniel Snider's been going that route for years and his teams have been about as good as ours. Unless you've got a top HC ready and willing to take the reigns (or we really bomb out over the next 7 games) I say you give him his last year. I mean really, if OJ can get away with murder, why can't Gailey finish his contract?

I can't disagree with that. I guess my point is giving Gailey 10 years probably wouldn't get the team anywhere. By what I as a fan observe both Gailey/Nix have moved the team backwards in 3 years. Gailey as the HC is responsible for the entire team. Both sides of the ball, and he is regressing and failing. Nix is failing. His drafts are full of busts and future busts. His FA's are beating out Levy's IMO for ineptness.

Actually it may be disguised but I think both have 2 years remaining on their contracts in Buffalo. I don't have a link.

Pardon my french, but If the Colts and Broncs can do it, then why the f***k can't we??

Gailey's rebuild is staring down the barrel of another 4-12 season. As usual, all the homers and apologists on the board can say is 'whup, guess we're stuck with him'.

Utter Nonsense.

Chan's overall record with the Bills seems bad until you look at his divisional accomplishments. Then it seems AWFUL. 2-13 in the last three years in the AFCE!!! :sick: :sick: :sick: We've been dead last back to back years in our our own division! Despite all that, we cannot get this moron to do anything but hire blasts from his abyssmal past. -Lee... Wannstedt... Thigpen... I say FIRE THEM ALL. Enough with this retarded fear of the unknown. Gailey's afraid to play anyone on the roster but his group of core players. Wanny's afraid to blitz. Buddy's afraid to draft a franchise QB! This entire team, and this fanbase are collectively dying of FEAR. I just don't get it -We're already bad. Why not take a chance on something that could really work out???

Time to turn the page folks, I've been a Bills fan for thirty some-odd years, and I can't remember a more chickensh!t front office and coaching staff. I'm tired of the cowardice. I can't handle it anymore. You fail at your job, and your ass gets fired. -Period. Time to clean house.

:worthy:

That bolded part, not according to some. They think this team can run the table and finish 9-6, apparently they haven't been watching the Bills defense set NFL records for being bad. currently ranked 31st

Clearly so many fans think Gailey is a successful OC / HC because he can put up points on the 25th ranked Patriots defense, yet he fails to win games. Lets see, what game did the Bills win so far the 1-7 Chiefs, the 2-7 Browns, the 4-5 Cards. They only won that Cardinals game by sheer luck, Arizona has the worst O line in the NFL and the Bills managed to knock out the starting QB.

Gailey is responsible for the ENTIRE team and not just the offense. Everyone already forgetting the bad play calls against the Texans or the inability to run the 2 min drill against the Titans and their 29th ranked defense!

To the fans comparing Gailey to Kubiak, please don't. they aren't anything alike because Kubiak is run first coach. and Gailey is pass happy. Plus Gailey isn't going to hire Wade Phillips. Look at the last two bozo's he hired to run the defense. The man doesn't know a good DC from his arse.

13-28, .325% in 3 years. Jeez, aren't you people sick of this constant losing? :bag:

Here's the thing here. I don't disagree that the defense is horrible. I don't disagree that Chan CAN work up some pretty good plays. I don't doubt that Chan can win with a better QB. And I don't doubt that another coach after just 3 years probably sets us back a few more years.

There's one problem to all of this. Chan has had 2 good running backs since he's been the coach of this team and 2 different QBs. It is clear to everyone here, in the media and even the locker room that Freddy last year and CJ this year are the strengths of the offense. Yet Chan still continues to believe his QB throwing the ball in obvious running situations is a good idea. Chan still doesn't realize that CJ might be the most explosive offensive player in the league yet he still only uses him 10-15 carries a game at most. And he still can't manage the clock when the game is on the line.

With all that said, IF Chan gets a new toy at QB and would actually utilize Spiller like Vermiel used Priest Holmes I have no doubt that we would be a playoff team. The problem is, that he might never get that you at QB and he might NEVER believe in running the ball the way anyone else with a brain would with a weapon like CJ. Therefore, if he's not handcuffed somehow, I say he can go lay down in the middle of the highway for all I care. We need someone to build this defense the right way and run the ball like other cold weather and windy stadium teams do.

Again, we want to dump our coach again? I mean these guys (we've had for the last decade) haven't been great for the bills but the bills have also been shittily stocked with talent the whole time. If insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, which is more crazy: changing the HC every three years or sticking with a guy who has a losing record? Personally, I say stick with chan. I hoped for a big year from this team and didn't get it but the offense is still a top 15 offense. The perennially terrible offenses of the 2000's were much, much worse. We still need another receiver or one of these scrubs needs to step up in a big way. either way, no change. stop the revolving door!

I honestly don't mind if Chan returns next year ... IF he is willing to fire Wanny. The only thing Chan does that irks me is under-utilizing the running game and not giving CJ enough touches. Other than that, save for a few head-scratchers, I can't deny that he calls a pretty decent game on offense.

He needs to be willing to let Wanny go, though. If he's "married" to Wanny, then I want both of them gone.