karl rove...lots of splaining to do

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not the least of which is to big donors who thought they could by an election after "citizens united". but how bout to the electorate for holding up romney's concession. the events sure made him look the part of puppetmaster. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/07/rachel-maddow-karl-rove-fox_n_2086046.html

From what I understand they had roughly the same funding so how could you say they tried to buy the election?

From what I understand they had roughly the same funding so how could you say they tried to buy the election?

did you look at the average size of contributions to each campaign? i heard today somewhere around $300 million from wealthy donors to rove's orgs. like i said, lots of explaining to do.

http://www.businessw...-waste-of-money

Edited by birdog1960

did you look at the average size of contributions to each campaign? i heard today somewhere around $300 billion from wealthy donors to rove's orgs. like i said, lots of explaining to do.

And how much did Obama's backers contribute?

Weren't you here giddy a month ago because wall street was donating more to Obama?

Do you even realize how full of it you are?

My favorite line was Colbert when he asked if Rove would have to go into hiding because he wasted $300M that some of the wealthiest men in the country gave him.

Did you accidentally record Colbert over an episode of bill nye?

Rove needs to explain to his wealthy donors why the hell they give him millions in some cases 10s of millions to have their money wasted over stupid social issues they didn't pay to pursue that Rove once said was a wedge to help win and now are a liability.

And how much did Obama's backers contribute?

Weren't you here giddy a month ago because wall street was donating more to Obama?

Do you even realize how full of it you are?

Obama had millions of donors giving an average of $100. (Including me.) Romney & PACS had a handful of billionaires writing huge checks. This was a huge win for average Americans. We beat the billionaires. We showed that you can't buy an American election.

Watching the election post-mortem I'm struck at the huge advantage Republicans had this year. In fact the 2012 elections are an epic, Buffalo-Bills-esque, snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory.

One thing that might have contributed was the "bubble" conservatives put themselves in. They have their own talk shows that tell them what they want to hear. They have their own news outlets the report the "facts" like they want them to be. Don't like the polls? No problem. They make up their own polling numbers that guarantee Romney will win by a landslide. After a while they start believing that what is inside the bubble is reality. Last night the bubble burst.

So now the GOP is arguing with itself about what went wrong. To most of us it's obvious: they are too extreme to the right. And yet there are voices that insist Republicans were not extreme enough. If those voices win, the GOP will join the Whigs in 2014.

PTR

Rove needs to explain to his wealthy donors why the hell they give him millions in some cases 10s of millions to have their money wasted over stupid social issues they didn't pay to pursue that Rove once said was a wedge to help win and now are a liability.

He should have used the $$ to not look like a giant ham

Obama had millions of donors giving an average of $100. (Including me.) Romney & PACS had a handful of billionaires writing huge checks. This was a huge win for average Americans. We beat the billionaires. We showed that you can't buy an American election.

Watching the election post-mortem I'm struck at the huge advantage Republicans had this year. In fact the 2012 elections are an epic, Buffalo-Bills-esque, snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory.

One thing that might have contributed was the "bubble" conservatives put themselves in. They have their own talk shows that tell them what they want to hear. They have their own news outlets the report the "facts" like they want them to be. Don't like the polls? No problem. They make up their own polling numbers that guarantee Romney will win by a landslide. After a while they start believing that what is inside the bubble is reality. Last night the bubble burst.

So now the GOP is arguing with itself about what went wrong. To most of us it's obvious: they are too extreme to the right. And yet there are voices that insist Republicans were not extreme enough. If those voices win, the GOP will join the Whigs in 2014.

PTR

The Democrats have a huge assortment of wealthy donors including unions. I don't have a problem with it but this isn't the little Guy vs the big Guy. If you really believe that then you're dumber than I thought.

Edit: case in point birdshit in another thread showing how the wealthiest in Virginia voted for Obama.

Edited by meazza

PTR

:thumbsup:

:lol: too bad it wasn't virginia ham.

The Democrats have a huge assortment of wealthy donors including unions. I don't have a problem with it but this isn't the little Guy vs the big Guy. If you really believe that then you're dumber than I thought.

Edit: case in point birdshit in another thread showing how the wealthiest in Virginia voted for Obama.

I never said Obama had zero wealthy donors. But he had wayyyy more small donors than Romney.

PTR

I never said Obama had zero wealthy donors. But he had wayyyy more small donors than Romney.

PTR

And yet most of the $$$ Obama made was from wealthy individuals at those $40,000 a plate dinners hosted by jayz and clooney. Who has the $$$ to go to $40,000 a plate.dinners?

I'm not there yet but even if I was, it would be a cold day in hell before I ever donate to a political party.

And yet most of the $$$ Obama made was from wealthy individuals at those $40,000 a plate dinners hosted by jayz and clooney. Who has the $$$ to go to $40,000 a plate.dinners?

I'm not there yet but even if I was, it would be a cold day in hell before I ever donate to a political party.

You must have forgotten about Romney's famous "47%" $50,000-a-plate fundraiser.

I've never donated to politicians before Barack Obama. In fact I worked on his campaign here in the battleground state of New Hampshire twice. I think he's a great man. I'm actually considering a run for local office in 2014 because of my experience in these campaigns.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I've never donated to politicians before Barack Obama. In fact I worked on his campaign here in the battleground state of New Hampshire twice. I think he's a great man. I'm actually considering a run for local office in 2014 because of my experience in these campaigns.

PTR

Will you run as more machine than man?

PTR

He's a great man? I would love to see you in four years when that waste of space is still in office to see how the economy is doing.

You will soon experience reality.

And once again, I know that Romney has wealthy backers. So does Obama. Stop thinking that one is more honorable than the other.