Nate Silver Excuses Documented Here

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... Nate Silver nailed it: 50 for 50 with DC. Florida appears to be in the Obama column. The dude knows his stuff!

Can we pin/document this thread as the official OCinBuffalo lunacy thread?

I don't think the board could handle it if we had to pin every OCinBuffalo lunacy thread!

Seriously...Silver was right all along, so many others were wrong! Very wrong. I guess we will have to remember this for 2016, assuming we aren't all murdered during the chaos that will surely erupt during the 1,000 years of darkness...

I don't anyone really questioned Silver's ability. (maybe a little) The dispute was over the actual polling and that they were using bad weighting methods. OC and others just happened to be wrong on it. I still appreciate the work he put in on his arguments - could have made a great Romney strategist! Lol

Can we pin/document this thread as the official OCinBuffalo lunacy thread?

I would second this. B/c it wasn't just this thread...it was a summer of lunatic posts all 1000 words long about how stupid everybody was and how smart he was. About how he "looked at the data" and he "knows how to do that" and we should pat attention to him b/c it's clear somehow that the GOP angle on the polling is right. So we should pin it. Do it mods.It's not even partisan. Romney supporters on this board didn't go nuts in mass about things like "polls"...OC did. And it was hilarious.

Edited by TheNewBills

I would second this. B/c it wasn't just this thread...it was a summer of lunatic posts all 1000 words long about how stupid everybody was and how smart he was. About how he "looked at the data" and he "knows how to do that" and we should pat attention to him b/c it's clear somehow that the GOP angle on the polling is right. So we should pin it. Do it mods.It's not even partisan. Romney supporters on this board didn't go nuts in mass about things like "polls"...OC did. And it was hilarious.

Gloat. Get worried. Then figure out how you are going to heat up all the opposition.

It's so true. Crazy person logic says that more words is equal to being more right. Just because you can type out a lot of words does not at all mean that you said anything.

Gloat. Get worried. Then figure out how you are going to heat up all the opposition.

You can call it gloating, but the OC has been bloviating and wasting megabytes for years now. He knows all about this or that, and why everyone else (who has a different view) is not just wrong, but scum. It's only fitting that he was taken down hard.

• 5 months later...