Mitt Romney's Policies

fjl2nd

Simply put, Romney will remove uncertainty from the business climate releasing one to two trillion dollars of investor money from the sidelines. He'll do this by stopping obamacare, relaxing regulation requirements and lowering taxes on investments. This puts the ball in motion for a real recovery. Once Americans start feeling comfortable about their jobs and income you will see an explosion of demand from a consumer who've been waiting a long time to feel good about spending money again.

America's a rocket ready to take off and Romney has the ignition switch.

That two trillions dollars is what he'll be borrowing from the fed.

The problem with Romney's model though is that the economy goes into overdrive and then crashes. If you look at the other times in history where this has been tried you see the economy take off and it ends with an enormous stock market crash.

Obama's plan gives us slower, but more sustained growth.

The Left has no limits to indecency.

The advertising agency Goodby, Silverstein & Partners has just released a pro-Obama commercial featuring children singing about a variety of disgraceful things including an America - supposedly under President Romney - where "sick people just die" and "oil fills the sea"

http://vimeo.com/52195925

Imagine an America

Where strip mines are fun and free

Where gays can be fixed

And sick people just die

And oil fills the sea

We don't have to pay for freeways!

Our schools are good enough

Give us endless wars

On foreign shores

And lots of Chinese stuff

We're the children of the future

American through and through

But something happened to our country

And we're kinda blaming you

We haven't killed all the polar bears

But it's not for lack of trying

Big Bird is sacked

The Earth is cracked

And the atmosphere is frying

Congress went home early

They did their best we know

You can't cut spending

With elections pending

Unless it's welfare dough

Find a park that is still open

And take a breath of poison air

They foreclosed your place

To build a weapon in space

But you can write off your au pair

It's a little awkward to tell you

But you left us holding the bag

When we look around

The place is all dumbed down

And the long term's kind of a drag

And yeah, we're blaming you

You did your best

You failed the test

Mom and Dad

We're blaming you!

Nice, huh?

The campaign is called The Future Children Project and it claims, "Re-electing President Obama is a momentous decision that will require every single voter. What would the children of the future say if we let them down this November?"

For those unfamiliar with this ad agency, they're responsible for campaigns such as "Got Milk?"

If you don't vote for Obama you HATE CHILDREN!! You don't HATE CHILDREN do you?

Yea, but you also think defecit spending for the sake of creating demand leads to prosperity, so...

Conservatives believe in deficit spending also. So long as the deficit comes in the form of tax cuts for the richest people in the nation. Can we all stop pretending that both parties don't want to spend like drunken sailors?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama has such a disregard for children that he is saddling them with a monumental debt to try to keep his ass in office.

The GOP 'n friends have no problem dumping massive amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere and saddling our children with a planet that is continuing to warm. As well as an economic model that isn't sustainable. So this whole "think of the children" **** from the GOP just doesn't work.

The Left has no limits to indecency.

The advertising agency Goodby, Silverstein & Partners has just released a pro-Obama commercial featuring children singing about a variety of disgraceful things including an America - supposedly under President Romney - where "sick people just die" and "oil fills the sea"

http://vimeo.com/52195925

Imagine an America

Where strip mines are fun and free

Where gays can be fixed

And sick people just die

And oil fills the sea

We don't have to pay for freeways!

Our schools are good enough

Give us endless wars

On foreign shores

And lots of Chinese stuff

We haven't killed all the polar bears

But it's not for lack of trying

Big Bird is sacked

The Earth is cracked

And the atmosphere is frying

Congress went home early

They did their best we know

You can't cut spending

With elections pending

Unless it's welfare dough

Find a park that is still open

And take a breath of poison air

They foreclosed your place

To build a weapon in space

But you can write off your au pair

It's a little awkward to tell you

But you left us holding the bag

When we look around

The place is all dumbed down

And the long term's kind of a drag

And yeah, we're blaming you

You did your best

You failed the test

Mom and Dad

We're blaming you!

Nice, huh?

The campaign is called The Future Children Project and it claims, "Re-electing President Obama is a momentous decision that will require every single voter. What would the children of the future say if we let them down this November?"

For those unfamiliar with this ad agency, they're responsible for campaigns such as "Got Milk?"

A comment left in an article about Obama losing 7 points in three days in "favorability" ratings.

"War on women,

War on fuel,

War on America,

What are we to do?

Fast and Furious,

And Benghazi too.

Several are dead,

Because of you.

Splitting the country,

In more ways than one.

You won't be happy,

Until you have won.

Wasted tax dollars,

Right down the drain.

And you want more,

You are inflicting such pain.

On November the sixth,

I will cast my vote.

And I hope and pray,

This is far as it goes.

I am a proud veteran,

Who went to Viet Nam.

And I will not bury,

My head in the sand.

To "The Messiah" Obama,

You must go.

For the good of the country,

God please make it so."

John D. 10/1/2012 USN 71-77

The GOP 'n friends have no problem dumping massive amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere and saddling our children with a planet that is continuing to warm. As well as an economic model that isn't sustainable. So this whole "think of the children" **** from the GOP just doesn't work.

Nice DNC talking points. So Romney's goal of becoming energy independent by 2020 is wrong? Explain this "GOP" economic model that you know so much about. Would you prefer that we all would be driving electric cars in order to reduce the CO2 emitted?

Obama has such a disregard for children that he is saddling them with a monumental debt to try to keep his ass in office.

Barrys treatment of children now and in the future borders on child abuse. One for getting them addicted to entitlement programs and two for burdening them with such a debt.

Barrys treatment of children now and in the future borders on child abuse. One for getting them addicted to entitlement programs and two for burdening them with such a debt.

Yes, but you GOP'rs just want to pollute the streams and foul the air. Besides that, you like Christmas and manger scenes.

Nice DNC talking points. So Romney's goal of becoming energy independent by 2020 is wrong? Explain this "GOP" economic model that you know so much about. Would you prefer that we all would be driving electric cars in order to reduce the CO2 emitted?

Oh here come the part where you try to trap me into saying we should all be driving electric cars to cut down on CO2 emissions and then you say "but... they use coal to generate the electricity for those cars!"

And where the !@#$ do you get "Romney's goal of becoming energy independent by 2020 is wrong" out of what I said?

Now I remember why I started lurking more than posting on here.

And let me tell you a secret. If you look closely... there's a retard very, very close to you...

That video reminds me of the kids in Children of the Corn.

They are the Children of the Corn.

Oh here come the part where you try to trap me into saying we should all be driving electric cars to cut down on CO2 emissions and then you say "but... they use coal to generate the electricity for those cars!"

And where the !@#$ do you get "Romney's goal of becoming energy independent by 2020 is wrong" out of what I said?

Now I remember why I started lurking more than posting on here.

And let me tell you a secret. If you look closely... there's a retard very, very close to you...

They are the Children of the Corn.

So, why don't you actually answer my questions rather than skirting around them? Wacka's a retard for disapproving the "little kids" song? Regardless, getting you to lurk instead of posting is doing the entire board a favor.

Krugman's article doesn't compare Romney's and Obama's plans. Krugman points out Obama's goals, then jumps up and down, waving his arms and screaming "Romney doesn't have a plan, he has goals!"

That's not a comparison.

Paul Krugman: King of "Moving the Goalposts". If Romney wins, and succeeds, I can't wait for Krugman to find fault with that by citing some small demographic doing worse than under Obama. "But...but...but...the Peurto Rican Lesbians in Tampa are suffering terrible ignominy under Romney. Yes, there are in fact macro multipliers that can be activated for the Peurto Rican Lesbians of Pinellas County." :lol:

Alternate/Additional Future prediction:

IF Romney is elected, and the economy improves, Paul Krugman will credit Obama. He will try to explain away massive investment moving in from the sidelines by saying it was all due to Obama stabilizing the economy through government spending, Obamacare freeing small businesses of having to pay for health care, and claim that this investment would not have been possible without these "achievements:.

He will suffer his usual Fox Butterfield obtuseness: why was capital sitting on the sidelines in the first place vs. why isn't it now? What has changed?

Hint for the Butterfield/Krugmans: Obama was in office, and now, he's not. :doh: Yes, the most likely explanation will "elude" :rolleyes: Fox Krugman again.

Yes, and this is such big issue....that Obama For America hasn't mentioned it once. In fact, Obama has been trying to claim credit for increased oil drilling. :lol:

Come on, your argument is laughable. How do you explain boasting about increased drilling from Mr. "Today will remembered as the day the oceans stopped rising", and his campaign...if you are right? They are wrong, or, you are wrong. Pick one.

See? I have been right all along. This stuff = Gay Marriage. Democrats sucked in the buffoons and got them all fired up, because they needed distraction/wedge issues after being being beaten, soundly, in 2002 and 2004. In 2006-08 they had the anti-Iraq war sentiment, but they needed to look like they stood FOR something, and these things were it. I am sorry, but now? There's no place left for the Ds to go. That's why we are hearing about Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets and Booklets. They have nothing left to talk about, and a whole lot they don't want to talk about(ahem, Libya).

Meanwhile, Romney/Ryan's "national debt" argument is very real, affects all of us, and is an infinitely more compelling argument, when we start "thinking of children". Romney's economic approach is also superior, when we "think about children" in the short run.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Conservatives believe in deficit spending also. So long as the deficit comes in the form of tax cuts for the richest people in the nation. Can we all stop pretending that both parties don't want to spend like drunken sailors?

We're talking about vastly different concepts. I'm referencing a previous conversation where Fjl2nd said deficit spending for the sake of creating demand is desirable. Which is fundamentally different from a supply-side theory (which doesn't necessarily require deficit spending to be implemented.)

The theory behind supply side has more to do with freeing up capital and allowing incentives to work so the economy can grow organically. His Neo-Keynesian theory is more like a long-term priming of the pump, by which an increase in money supply is supposed to magically translate into an increase in production because more people are spending money - this theory kind of makes sense and long as you don't think about it.

All this talk about propping up the millionaires and billionaires is a red herring. Not that politicians aren't in the pockets of their contributors, but rich people making money is not what has our economy hamstrung.

I wanted to make a thread to talk only about Mitt Romney and his "plans" (mainly economic) for the country. What is he bringing to the table that will make us a better country now and in the future. He has been overly vague and it is pretty much fact now that is tax policy proposals are basically impossible mathematically along with balancing a budget.

He is so vague about things that it is hard to get a sense of what he will actually do or at least propose. The guy is saying anything that sounds good right now to get elected. It's a little scary that he is basically running on nothing and is close to winning.

The evil Paul Krugman has a new column comparing the two candidate's economic plans : http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/26/opinion/krugman-pointing-toward-prosperity.html?_r=0

So, maybe some of his supporters here can give me their take why Mitt is better for the country without insulting our current President. You can compare policy but at least try to keep the focus on Romney. Or I guess you can direct me to his website!

Cut taxes, still spend an egregious amount of money... But it will be okay because dumb Americans will see their taxes go down and ignore the fact the rest is made up by borrowing....

Cut taxes, still spend an egregious amount of money... But it will be okay because dumb Americans will see their taxes go down and ignore the fact the rest is made up by borrowing....

Don't go there B, your better than the trolls on this board....

Yes, spending has to be gotten under control, and conservatives HOPE that Romney/Ryan gets that ball rolling... But there's a lot more than that, like PBOCare, and Ben Grahzi...

Actually the dumbest thing I've ever heard is that Barry prevented the US from going into another Great Depression :lol:. The fact is we should be seeing massive rebound from such a deep recession, but aren't and that's because Barry's policies have been a failure. And raising an additional $80B/year by taxing the top-2% will do nothing to help or hurt the deficit.

Read up on past financial crisis recessions. It is usually always a slow recovery.