Are your skunks safe?

I'll raise you one. Make sure your skunks are skunks.

http://www.timesonli...8fc547ae12.html

Leindecker said in his statement that township police were being assisted in the investigation by the Pennsylvania Game Commission.

I don't get it. Was there some question if she was or was not a skunk, or if skunks were in season?

It could happen to anyone; 8 year old girls are often mistaken for skunks. If you ask me, the kid was just asking to get shot. Why else would she be wearing a black outfit w/white feather?

I don't get it. Was there some question if she was or was not a skunk, or if skunks were in season?

Probably exploring all avenues for some type of conviction. No doubt she wasn't a skunk though.

It could happen to anyone; 8 year old girls are often mistaken for skunks. If you ask me, the kid was just asking to get shot. Why else would she be wearing a black outfit w/white feather?

As a general rule, when there's a party with kids at your house, don't pull any guns out. Just sayin'.

As a general rule, when there's a party with kids at your house, don't pull any guns out. Just sayin'.

Sorry but I don't think that the kid is Scot free here. She (actually partial blame lies with her parents) put herself in a position that led to being mistaken for a skunk.

Sorry but I don't think that the kid is Scot free here. She (actually partial blame lies with her parents) put herself in a position that led to being mistaken for a skunk.

You would think that when Grandma put the flashlight beam on her and yelled "Fire!" the little girl would have stood up and said "I am not a skunk!" or something similar. I'm beginning to see your point, I guess she wanted to get shot....

You would think that when Grandma put the flashlight beam on her and yelled "Fire!" the little girl would have stood up and said "I am not a skunk!" or something similar. I'm beginning to see your point, I guess she wanted to get shot....

Seriously, she probably shouldn't have been there in the first place but yeah, since she was she should have been more proactive, I agree with that.

Seriously, she probably shouldn't have been there in the first place but yeah, since she was she should have been more proactive, I agree with that.

Seriously? It doesn't sound like she was exactly going through the redneck's trash cans.

How far away and/or drunk do you need to be to mistake a 4' child for a skunk?

Didn't realize you were being serious.

In that case, no, she is not to blame. It was a Halloween party, there was a bonfire, probably some booze. She was somewhere on the property on the down slope of a hill I guess. As someone with a gun, you always have to positively id what you're shooting. A feather floating around down in the woods is not a positive id, especially considering there are a bunch of people in costumes and kids are running around.

They ended up charging the relative (cousin) who shot the girl. Last I heard (a few days ago) she was still in the hospital in critical condition, but it seemed like she would be okay.

http://www.timesonline.com/news/police_fire_courts/police-file-charges-in-girl-s-shooting/article_6a16a379-b75a-5210-a905-b17a6dc1d503.html