Trying to stay positive...

I gotta say I just don't see it. Unless the magical switch gets hit w Kelsay calling everyone out starting w Wanny rotating some more CB's for Aaron Williams....... Linebackers and wanny just look LOST. 1st half defense was comical, Chris Johnson had no resistance whatsoever

But lets fight off reality for two more weeks, might as well we sat through the 1-8

Time for the OL to get healthy and here's to Fitz's last stand, give me another 3 td performance vs Texans and this Tennessee game will be forgotten. Hats off to CJ and Fred really these guys are moneybags when healthy.

This is the game....... lose and be 3-5 and it's over

Or 4-4 and let's bumrush Gillette stadium 2 more weeks off option 2. Billieving (not in wanny). Do your job defensive Coordinator. They don't look that coordinated

Agreed, we may as well have hope for two more weeks, its more fun that way!!! Football season goes by so fast anyway, might as well believe.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stranger things have happened in this league and we HAVE talent!!!

Yea, on the field... but not in the coaches booth, and not on the sideline in terms of coaches.

Think of what Marty S could do with the Bills RB's or what a coach like Sean Payton could do in finding the right QB.

Fitz could very well be the guy, this HC is not teaching him how to win. Fitz stated when he first started working with QB coach David Lee that nobody up until that point had ever helped him with his mechanics or technique

I agree with numbers 1 and 5, and 3 has potential.

But #2, remember that the Titans have a defense almost as bad as the Bills. And mainly Fitz was throwing screens etc. Almost hard to look bad under those circumstances, though he managed to do just that at the end. And #4, on paper i agree, but it has been 7 games now and no signs of life. Color me dubious.

i appreciate your looking for scenarios for playoffs. But I cannot even imagine a scenario where the Bills go to Texas and come out with a W. In fact this game has the potential for making the SF game a happy memory. The Pats* are at least a possibility. Though they beat the Bills soundly 6 weeks prior in Buffalo and are in a fight for the AFC East. A W is possible here but not a good bet by any means.

You might want to get a head start of your positives scenarios for 3-6 ;) But honestly, unless Wanny has an epiphany and suddenly finds an answer for this defense, even if they somehow manage a split I don't see playoffs this season.

Perhaps the Texans overlook us. We have two weeks to prepare also. Can you say "trap game"?

There is something very wrong on defense and i dont know what it is. But i have it narrowed down to two things now.

The offense is limited by Fitz, not Chan. But is still servicable.

Last weekend Was very exciting for me. we lost but i had fun anyways.

I feel dark clouds and Doom over the defense right now.

Maybe Ralph's stadium is cursed.

I may not survive another season. i dont know. But i dont take it to heart anymore.

Yesterday's loss hurt so bad that it was hard for me to sleep. However, like in life I've tried to stay positive. (So I could sleep)

In order to do that I had to not just look at what's going with the bills but to also look at what's going right.

The positives I will take out yesterdays loss are these...

1) CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson, especially CJ Spiller, i don't think i can remember seeing a more electric player in a Bills uniform.

2) Ryan Fitzpatrick. If the D could of played halfway decent all we would be talking about is how great he looked (aside from the pick of course)

3) Stephon Gilmore. This guy is coming into his own and will be the lock down corner for years to come.

4) Our D Line will only get better, we have talent!!!

5) Our O Line, even with a banged up O line we were still able to create running lanes, this will only get better once Glen and Urbic come back healthy after the Bye week.

As far as the importance of that game, yes it was an important game, however, as i'm sure you all knew even before the season started there was ZERO chance this team could win the the super bowl and it was inevitable that our hearts would be broken at some point in the season...I think it just hurt so bad because we at least wanted to make the playoffs.

And this is why I still have hope (at least for the next two games)

If we can somehow split the next two games and come out of them with a 4 - 5 Record who out there doesn't believe we have a shot at making the playoffs? The AFC is in shambles and if we can somehow manage to gel together this team has a great chance at winning the AFC east and at the very least make the playoffs.

Having just read this for the first time, i must say this is a boring thread, not sure what i was thinking when i wrote it...i was really hung the f over...sorry

Having just read this for the first time, i must say this is a boring thread, not sure what i was thinking when i wrote it...i was really hung the f over...sorry

you may have been thinking that you are really getting annoyed with all of the completely negative posts out there right now. look on the front page and it's all about who sucks, who's a bum, who needs to be fired, who's done with this team and why annyone who still loves the bills and wants to root this team on is a moron. i commend you for trying to bring a little light to the darkness that is overshadowing TBD these days.

you may have been thinking that you are really getting annoyed with all of the completely negative posts out there right now. look on the front page and it's all about who sucks, who's a bum, who needs to be fired, who's done with this team and why annyone who still loves the bills and wants to root this team on is a moron. i commend you for trying to bring a little light to the darkness that is overshadowing TBD these days.

Thank you sir, you're a gentleman and a scholar!

I dont believe this post.

You really have hope. While there is nothing wrong with that, you're wrong.

The only way we win these games is if the opposing team loses it for us. Lucky stuff like forced fumbles or pick 6's that give us a nice lead. (And you know what happens with our leads when we play the pats)

The only way we win is if they commit so many mistakes/turnovers that allow us to win. And even in these scenarios, we still may not have a chance.

Besides our rbs, there is nothing really to be positive about....

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

Besides our rbs, there is nothing really to be positive about....

OL actually hasn't been bad. Gilmore appears to be learning. Leodis and lately Smith are making some decent returns and seem to be one block away from breaking most of them. S. Johnson manages to get himself open. Graham seems to have good deep speed. The DL simply cannot be as bad as they have looked all season.

So I would not agree with your statement above. But the overall performance of the team is obviously **** to date.

I'm possibly the most pessimistic person on this board, but I have this feeling that we could pull a Green Bay on the Texans. Let's face it, the loss Sunday was a wake up call to Chan and Wanstache that it is now or never for their jobs. A giant win gets us to .500 and guarantees their jobs until the end of the season. I'm not saying the playoffs are possible, I'm just saying if they can't get their squad hyped up for this game, then they deserve what they'll get.

I'm possibly the most pessimistic person on this board, but I have this feeling that we could pull a Green Bay on the Texans. Let's face it, the loss Sunday was a wake up call to Chan and Wanstache that it is now or never for their jobs. A giant win gets us to .500 and guarantees their jobs until the end of the season. I'm not saying the playoffs are possible, I'm just saying if they can't get their squad hyped up for this game, then they deserve what they'll get.

Against the pats* maybe. Against the Texans? Hard to see a path to that one unless the Texans are completely ignoring the Bills and are already game planning for the week after that. If WannaBe was their DC perhaps, but Wade ... nah. The basic problem with your logic is that you are equating the Bills to GB.