Well, all you Florida Bills fans, are you ready?

envirojeff

Doesn't look to good right now, but these storms are very unpredictable and could head up north at anytime, anyhow be prepared and keep your fingers crossed I din't wish hurricanes on anyone. Good luck.

Well today I'm turning my house into the bunker.  Shutters going up, potential projectiles being brought in. 

Personally I'd have preferred a blizzard.

14158[/snapback]

If you have natural gas service, give the utility company a call and see if they advise closing off the main valve (generally located just before the meter). If so, usual start-up procedures for hw heater etc. apply.

don't know who is saying NC, but right now it looks like landfall is going to be more north that they thought thwo days ago... and two days ago, landfall was my backyard... now, it seems closer to datona. This is a projection from an hour ago..

http://sirocco.accuweather.com/adc_hurr_im...4/af/UHAF_2.GIF

good luck to all

just what i didnt want for my three day weekend.

if it stays course, it'll be down to a cat 1 or a tropical storm by the time it hits tallahassee...we'll see what happens...a lot can change in he 3-4 days before it makes landfall...

14231[/snapback]

It would be a very bad thing if somehow it took the southernmost possible projected path and got into the Gulf...

I wish that I was coming up now. I think I'm going to use what's left of my privacy fence to cover my windows. No plywood left in the state.

Jeff

Good Luck Jeff.

Are you heading up for the Bills game next week?

14193[/snapback]

I talked to my Mom in Port St. Lucie this morning, she told me she's probably going to get out of the house and staying in shelter tomorrow. I told her she should just come up the NC and make a Labor Day weekend vacation out of it.  B)

14426[/snapback]

tommorrow seems a bit early for a shelter, no? (I dont know, Im a hurricane rookie). But its not supposed to hit until Saturday Morning. But, better safe than sorry I guess).

now that i think about it... i should probably actually consider buying a flashlight and batteries and some bottled water, huh? hmmm...

I swear on everything sacred, if it comes through here crushes us, and i lose power like those folks did in the last one, and it stays out until Sunday, I you will see me, unshowered, unshaven, with my dog at some sports bar in Alabama if that's what it takes to see the Bills next sunday.

I was too, but what we got from Charley scared me shitless! (Oops sorry Steve) I think it was a warning shot that was heeded very well. I can't go anyware so the envirojeff fam will be riding it out. Do your self a favor - duck and cover and good luck everyone! This thing is already a 5.0 hurricane.

Jeff

tommorrow seems a bit early for a shelter, no? (I dont know, Im a hurricane rookie). But its not supposed to hit until Saturday Morning. But, better safe than sorry I guess).

14444[/snapback]

I talked to my Mom in Port St. Lucie this morning, she told me she's probably going to get out of the house and staying in shelter tomorrow. I told her she should just come up the NC and make a Labor Day weekend vacation out of it.  B)

14426[/snapback]

Zamboni Man, I'm in Jensen Beach... Just got back from around Home Depot, the place is packed. Luckily I didn't have to go there. Best investment I ever made was storm panels a couple yrs ago. Guess I'll be putting them up this afternoon.