Well, all you Florida Bills fans, are you ready?

envirojeff

I just moved into my house recently and it has hurricane shutters on every window, door and all around the covered screened patio, so the house is basically a bunker. I barely heard anything when Charley came ripping through our neighborhood just north of Orlando a couple weeks ago. I was pretty drunk too so I guess that has to factor in but the house is pretty tight with the shutters. From what the weather forecasters here in Orlando are saying, it's going to be cruising on through here as probably a cat 2 with winds well over 100mph. Any trees that are left after Charley won't be left after this one, lol. I just hope that power is restored quicker this time, last time it went out Friday night and didn't come back on till Monday afternoon. I know others had it worse but a few days without A/C really sucks. I just hope that I can get out of here next Thursday for my flight up to Buffalo. I actually have thought about leaving Friday from here and driving up to Buffalo for the week, lol.

I was too, but what we got from Charley scared me shitless! (Oops sorry Steve) I think it was a warning shot that was heeded very well. I can't go anyware so the envirojeff fam will be riding it out. Do your self a favor - duck and cover and good luck everyone! This thing is already a 5.0 hurricane.

Jeff

14451[/snapback]

Tips. Remove your bed matresses and have them at the ready to duck under. - they can be protective against flying debris. Cluster your furniture to make some sort of in-house fortress. Get the knick-knacks and dishes/glassware off of shelving and onto the floor or in closets. Wear long pants and shirts. Cincinnati was recently judged the 8th most likely tornado area, and that adivce is often given out here - if seldom heeded. Having a whistle on a neck lanyard is not a bad idea to alert rescuers if you are buried under rubble. A spent .22 cartridge shell makes an excellent whistle to keep in your pocket.

Thanks for the tip, I had planned on filling up the tub with water and, at worst, moving the fam in the master bath with the mattresses and holding up there. We will see?

Jeff

Tips. Remove your bed matresses and have them at the ready to duck under. - they can be protective against flying debris. Cluster your furniture to make some sort of in-house fortress. Get the knick-knacks and dishes/glassware off of shelving and onto the floor or in closets. Wear long pants and shirts. Cincinnati was recently judged the 8th most likely tornado area, and that adivce is often given out here - if seldom heeded. Having a whistle on a neck lanyard is not a bad idea to alert rescuers if you are buried under rubble. A spent .22 cartridge shell makes an excellent whistle to keep in your pocket.

14767[/snapback]