Fitz numbers from Sunday per PFF

cmjoyce113

Quick question: Do you ride around with a flat, or shredded, spare tire in your trunk?

No?

So you have a relaible spare then?

If you had a blowout, and didn't have one, what would you do?

They purchased a spare, but it's not ready to use, but they hope in a few thousand miles it'll be good.

Look man, I get what you're saying, but it's just a bunch of hind-sighted bull ****.

Anyone with the capacity to speak can criticize what should have happened, in all facets of life.

MY QUESTION TO YOU IS: WHAT DO WE DO NOW?

This is utter sophistry to ask what should the team do now. Even you have to know transactions are made in the off-season and this team has now had 3 to acquire a QB yet failed. And Fitzpatrick has 4 years of starting play to demonstrate he either has it or doesn't, yet the Bills brain trust stubbornly decided to keep things status quo. How many seasons of tape do you need to realize a veteran can't start and play the position? Teams draft college kids into the NFL in the first rounds with less tape.

And so the next question you'll ask is who they should have drafted so you can drop the whole hindsight is 20/20 BS. Before you do that, tell me how many franchises rebuild without improving the QB position and going with the previous regime's backup? SF is the only example, and they've got superior coaching and defense. And does a team without an average or above level QB truly rebuild? No, they don't/haven't.

This franchise is and has been behind the curve. They make bad decisions at QB and defensive scheme and then spend huge resources covering over them, QB being the most glaring example.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are no different that anybody else clamoring for TJ, a lateral move at best. TJ is not an upgrade, ever seen him play? He is just different than what is there now and that is what this all really boils down to. You want a change at QB, no matter if it is better, worse or indifferent.

Unfortunately Fitz is the QB for this year so no amount of hate and complaining is going to change that. 3-3, it could be worse. I don't think it could be better as the defense is at fault way way more than the QB is.

I've never seen him play in this offense. I'd enjoy that opportunity.

So now the guy wins a game and he doesn't even get credit for that! Wow!

All any detractors could say was his w-l record is horrible, now he wins and gets zero credit, OMFG what's next? He was the QB on the winning team right?

Fitz was on the team that won the game. However, he did not win the game. Byrd's pick and Feely's miss won us the game. I'd argue that if he could have completed a 6 yard checkdown to Freddie in OT, we could have kicked a potential GW FG instead of punting.

tell me how many franchises rebuild without improving the QB position and going with the previous regime's backup?

Green Bay

I'd argue that if he could have completed a 6 yard checkdown to Freddie in OT, we could have kicked a potential GW FG instead of punting.

Or if Graham had caught the perfectly thrown pass on the next play that he tried to run with before he caught it.

Fitz was on the team that won the game. However, he did not win the game. Byrd's pick and Feely's miss won us the game. I'd argue that if he could have completed a 6 yard checkdown to Freddie in OT, we could have kicked a potential GW FG instead of punting.

i'd argue that if Graham caught a perfectly thrown ball to him on the previous play, he would've kicked a potential GW FG. it's a TEAM GAME. Funny how there aren't 1,200,456 threads ripping on Freddie for fumbling on THE VERY FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME. Imagine if Fitz threw a pick on his first pass? The servers would go down at twobillsdrive.

I am not in any way, shape or form suggesting that Fitz's quarterback play has been adequate. So you can throw numbers at me, and you can point to his lousy performances, all you want--I get it. The point a lot of folks are missing is that HE'S THE BEST WE GOT. And you have NO EVIDENCE--REPEAT: NO EVIDENCE--that suggests otherwise. Do you really think the FO brought in TJ to sit behind Thigpen? Yes, the same FO that has been heralded for months for being pragmatic and for never being satisfied with the status quo--they're willing to trade...TRADE:AS IN GIVE UP RESOURCES...for a guy they never had any intention of granting an opportunity to compete?

How is it that everyone here loves Doug Waley for his ability to scout current professionals, they love that we plucked two of our starting OLineman from other team's scrap heaps, yet they're convinced that a quarterback solution exists and we're not doing what's feasible to bring him to town...??

Did we all suddenly forget about Vince Young? Do you think he was brought in to sell jerseys? !@#$ NO. He was brought in to find a better solution at QB.

This FO has now brought in three...THREE!!!...veteran, former starting QB's to compete for the job, and guess what NONE OF THEM ARE AS GOOD AS FITZ.

How do I know?

Let me repeat for those so woefully willing to ignore this point:

This is an organization that had no qualms of moving on Edwards, Lynch, Evans, Poz, Whitner, Moorman, Schobel. Look at those names--that was the heart of our squad from 2007-2009 (for better or worse). Yet the Nix/Gailey administration new enough to cut their losses and move on.

Please tell me why Fitz would be different. It's really not that difficult to figure out: THEY HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN THE GUYS BEHIND HIM.

I know everyone here does--everyone who has never attended a practice/walkthrough/film session at OBD IN THEIR ENTIRE LIFE.

Like it or not, fellas, but we're in FIRST PLACE IN OUR DIVISION. Now's not the time to be chucking "solutions" at the wall, trying to get one to stick.

Also, for those who think it's a money issue...No, it's not. You're conjuring wild speculation to help make your point.

Fitz is the starter, and he's the best quarterback in Buffalo right now. The FO has made numerous efforts to improve the situation, and none of them--to date--have proven successful.

If Buddy Nix could magically cough up a quarterback HE WOULD! But he can't, so Fitz is our starter, and he's the best out there right now.

DEAL WITH IT.

And that is my point, Fitz is also just on the team when the defense collapses and loses the game. People want to criticize him for his terrible W-L record yet completely overlook the fact that this "team" has been very bad. I'm saying when he plays well yet the defense ***** the bed he is saddled with the loss and everyone points to his terrible record but whe the "team" wins a game it is viewed as a "team" and Fitz gets no credit.

Can't have it both ways.

I am not in any way, shape or form suggesting that Fitz's quarterback play has been adequate. So you can throw numbers at me, and you can point to his lousy performances, all you want--I get it. The point a lot of folks are missing is that HE'S THE BEST WE GOT. And you have NO EVIDENCE--REPEAT: NO EVIDENCE--that suggests otherwise. Do you really think the FO brought in TJ to sit behind Thigpen? Yes, the same FO that has been heralded for months for being pragmatic and for never being satisfied with the status quo--they're willing to trade...TRADE:AS IN GIVE UP RESOURCES...for a guy they never had any intention of granting an opportunity to compete?

How is it that everyone here loves Doug Waley for his ability to scout current professionals, they love that we plucked two of our starting OLineman from other team's scrap heaps, yet they're convinced that a quarterback solution exists and we're not doing what's feasible to bring him to town...??

Did we all suddenly forget about Vince Young? Do you think he was brought in to sell jerseys? !@#$ NO. He was brought in to find a better solution at QB.

This FO has now brought in three...THREE!!!...veteran, former starting QB's to compete for the job, and guess what NONE OF THEM ARE AS GOOD AS FITZ.

How do I know?

This is an organization that had no qualms of moving on Edwards, Lynch, Evans, Poz, Whitner, Moorman, Schobel. Look at those names--that was the heart of our squad from 2007-2009 (for better or worse). Yet the Nix/Gailey administration new enough to cut their losses and move on.

Please tell me why Fitz would be different. It's really not that difficult to figure out: THEY HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN THE GUYS BEHIND HIM.

I know everyone here does--everyone who has never attended a practice/walkthrough/film session at OBD IN THEIR ENTIRE LIFE.

Like it or not, fellas, but we're in FIRST PLACE IN OUR DIVISION. Now's not the time to be chucking "solutions" at the wall, trying to get one to stick.

Also, for those who think it's a money issue...No, it's not. You're conjuring wild speculation to help make your point.

Fitz is the starter, and he's the best quarterback in Buffalo right now. The FO has made numerous efforts to improve the situation, and none of them--to date--have proven successful.

If Buddy Nix could magically cough up a quarterback HE WOULD! But he can't, so Fitz is our starter, and he's the best out there right now.

DEAL WITH IT.

You don't improve your QB situation by bringing in proven losers. When has that ever worked? Young, Thigpen, Jackson - which of these guys do you think the front office pinned their hopes on? If they had faith in any of these guys to win the starting role, then our FO is in worse trouble then I thought.

Thats why the bills need to draft a QB. You do not take one teams trash and turn it into a gold mine. You can say this about Fitzpatrick as well. He fits in the same category as any of those guys listed above. Theres a reason why they hop from team to team and get cut after a few years at each stop.

I agree that Fitz is the best QB in Buffalo, but the FO needs to do something about that besides bring in other washed up backups.

You don't improve your QB situation by bringing in proven losers. When has that ever worked? Young, Thigpen, Jackson - which of these guys do you think the front office pinned their hopes on? If they had faith in any of these guys to win the starting role, then our FO is in worse trouble then I thought.

Thats why the bills need to draft a QB. You do not take one teams trash and turn it into a gold mine. You can say this about Fitzpatrick as well. He fits in the same category as any of those guys listed above. Theres a reason why they hop from team to team and get cut after a few years at each stop.

I agree that Fitz is the best QB in Buffalo, but the FO needs to do something about that besides bring in other washed up backups.

Well, they've spent resources drafting on defense. You only get so many picks, and thus far they've fared pretty well.

So, as far as FA QB's, turns out perennial winners are not in ready supply.

I'm confident we'll draft a QB this year--may be two. Wouldn't mind if they made a play for Cousins, either.

Just did a quick lap around a draft site and took note of this kid from Arkansas--who two mocks already have us taking with the 14-15 ish pick. THOUGHTS?

i'd argue that if Graham caught a perfectly thrown ball to him on the previous play, he would've kicked a potential GW FG. it's a TEAM GAME. Funny how there aren't 1,200,456 threads ripping on Freddie for fumbling on THE VERY FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME. Imagine if Fitz threw a pick on his first pass? The servers would go down at twobillsdrive.

So Fitz gets a pass because a rookie choked? Graham should have caught the pass, yes, but hat drop does not absolve Fitz of hitting a wide open Freddie a play later.

So Fitz gets a pass because a rookie choked? Graham should have caught the pass, yes, but hat drop does not absolve Fitz of hitting a wide open Freddie a play later.

who cares if he's a rookie? was he not starting? i'm not giving anyone a pass. Fitz should've made the following throw accurately..my basic point is that it's a TEAM GAME. (I.E., WHEN YOU'RE UP 21-7 VS. THE PATS HALF WAY THROUGH THE 3RD QUARTER AT HOME, YOUR DEFENSE SHOULDN'T GIVE UP 140 POINTS IN 18 MINUTES)

And that is my point, Fitz is also just on the team when the defense collapses and loses the game. People want to criticize him for his terrible W-L record yet completely overlook the fact that this "team" has been very bad. I'm saying when he plays well yet the defense ***** the bed he is saddled with the loss and everyone points to his terrible record but whe the "team" wins a game it is viewed as a "team" and Fitz gets no credit.

Can't have it both ways.

I don't want it both ways (that's what she said). However, the bleeding might have stopped if Fitz actually could, you know, throw an accurate pass beyond 15 yards. His inconsistency in directing this offense to sustained drives, nevermind scoring drives, is killing the team as much as our horrible defensive play. I'd submit nobody could look at the defense in that last game as the culprit and anybody with an iota of football knowledge could see that Stevie owned Peterson all day but was consistently missed by Fitz.

The QB is never "just on the team" in the NFL. He directs the offense, audibles the play and protection and is the focal pont of the offense. People love throwing out the Dilfer and Brad Johnson lines, but today's NFL is much different. The WR's have way more freedom and protection than they did back then. The QB is the single most important position on the team. Ours sucks.

who cares if he's a rookie? was he not starting? i'm not giving anyone a pass. Fitz should've made the following throw accurately..my basic point is that it's a TEAM GAME. (I.E., WHEN YOU'RE UP 21-7 VS. THE PATS HALF WAY THROUGH THE 3RD QUARTER AT HOME, YOUR DEFENSE SHOULDN'T GIVE UP 140 POINTS IN 18 MINUTES)

I said he choked. That's not a pass. But your logic states that Fitz's missing a wide open RB in the flat is ok because he made an accurate pass the play before. That logic is flawed.

I don't want it both ways (that's what she said). However, the bleeding might have stopped if Fitz actually could, you know, throw an accurate pass beyond 15 yards. His inconsistency in directing this offense to sustained drives, nevermind scoring drives, is killing the team as much as our horrible defensive play. I'd submit nobody could look at the defense in that last game as the culprit and anybody with an iota of football knowledge could see that Stevie owned Peterson all day but was consistently missed by Fitz.

The QB is never "just on the team" in the NFL. He directs the offense, audibles the play and protection and is the focal pont of the offense. People love throwing out the Dilfer and Brad Johnson lines, but today's NFL is much different. The WR's have way more freedom and protection than they did back then. The QB is the single most important position on the team. Ours sucks.

I said he choked. That's not a pass. But your logic states that Fitz's missing a wide open RB in the flat is ok because he made an accurate pass the play before. That logic is flawed.

you're obviously not following: i'm not saying it's OK - I'm stating the obvious: Graham dropped a ball and HE let the offense down, followed by a poor pass by Fitz on the following play, where that missed pass let the offense down as well - Hence, it's a TEAM GAME. Thus, when we win, it's not just b/c of Fitz and when we lose it's not just because of Fitz. But around here, the latter part of that statement is simply forgotten. I don't see you getting blue in the face over Graham's dropped ball or Freddy's fumble on the first play of the game.

Edited by bobobonators

The point a lot of folks are missing is that HE'S THE BEST WE GOT. And you have NO EVIDENCE--REPEAT: NO EVIDENCE--that suggests otherwise.

No evidence? Your honor, I would like to enter Fitzpatrick's last 15 games as evidence. Please don't bring up his rib injury as an excuse. Here's my question - How many picks would Fitzpatrick have to throw in a game before you were willing to give Thigpen or T.J. some snaps? And don't bring up his confidence again as a reason for not benching him, that is absolutely ridiculous.

Can't have it both ways.

It is a team game, I agree with that 100%. Now tell me when was the last time he played well and yet the defense cost us a game? My point here is that no sane person could watch that Arizona game and say "Man, that win is all on Fitz!"

How do I know?

DEAL WITH IT.

No one here claims to have overwhelming evidence that the three backups on our roster are significantly better than Fitz. What many here are saying here is, Why not have a look? After all, it was Gailey who hand-picked these people. If none of them are worth a damn, then what does that say about him?

We know Gailey can't call a game to save his life, and we know that his complex offense has been outscored by divisional rivals 100-56 so far. (Most of that 56 coming in "garbage time" during blowouts.)

It's simple. Fitz isn't a rookie. -He's a veteran. A veteran who's had years to learn an offense, and get comfortable with the players in it. At this point, If he's having an ugly game, for whatever reason, he should be benched. -if that means risking a game in which we're already struggling, then so be it. Fitz should no longer be allowed to feel comfortable while underachieving.

Btw, that isn't hindsight. That should be the plan going forward. That is what we should do NOW.

Edited by #34fan

No evidence? Your honor, I would like to enter Fitzpatrick's last 15 games as evidence. Please don't bring up his rib injury as an excuse. Here's my question - How many picks would Fitzpatrick have to throw in a game before you were willing to give Thigpen or T.J. some snaps? And don't bring up his confidence again as a reason for not benching him, that is absolutely ridiculous.

It is a team game, I agree with that 100%. Now tell me when was the last time he played well and yet the defense cost us a game? My point here is that no sane person could watch that Arizona game and say "Man, that win is all on Fitz!"

Quote me one person who said that. Nobody is saying that. The bills O made some drives, the defense played well. End of story. Hopefully that happens every week.

Edited by bobobonators

Fitz's struggles have nothing to do with whether or not someone on our roster is better.

No one here claims to have overwhelming evidence that the three backups on our roster are significantly better than Fitz. What many here are saying here is, Why not have a look? After all, it was Gailey who hand-picked these people. If none of them are worth a damn, then what does that say about him?

We know Gailey can't call a game to save his life, and we know that his complex offense has been outscored by divisional rivals 100-56 so far. (Most of that 56 coming in "garbage time" during blowouts.)

It's simple. Fitz isn't a rookie. -He's a veteran. A veteran who's had years to learn an offense, and get comfortable with the players in it. At this point, If he's having an ugly game, for whatever reason, he should be benched. -if that means risking a game in which we're already struggling, then so be it. Fitz should no longer be allowed to feel comfortable while underachieving.

Btw, that isn't hindsight. That should be the plan going forward. That is what we should do NOW.

Why not have a look? BECAUSE WE'RE TIED FOR FIRST IN OUR DIVISION--Why is this so hard?

And now it's Fitz's fault we've given up 100 points in two games? I'm not saying he's had a great season...but COME ON.

Also: quarterbacks aren't pitchers. It's quite rare for a QB to get subbed out mid-game. You do realize this, yes? Do you watch other teams play? Because I can say with confidence, that Fitz is not the worst quarterback in the league. He's not even in the bottom 5.

Fitz's struggles have nothing to do with whether or not someone on our roster is better.

Oh. My. God.

Ok, Fitz's play on the field has nothing to do whether or not someone on our roster is better. Got it. I guess we pick QBs based on Wonderlic scores. You realize he's been "struggling" for the past 5 years, correct?

When I hear a statement like that one I know it's time to move on.

Quote me one person who said that. Nobody is saying that.

Yep you are right, let's hammer the QB for winning the game. Only Bills fans. Fitz beat a 4-1 team with a decent defense on the road, didn't turn the ball over, managed the team to a win despite his coach doing everything in his power to lose the game, and all you want to do is rag on him because he wasn't perfect and had some 3 and outs, or his ypc was low.

Edited by QCity