"I wanted to run it even more in the second half"

Chilly

Here are the actual play breakdowns from the 2nd half. Counting a QB scramble or sack as a pass play. Not counting an offensive penalty as either.

1. 5 pass plays for 25 yds, 2 run plays for 7 yds

2. 1 pass play for 23 yds, 2 run plays for 57 yds

3. 4 pass plays for 42 yds, 3 run plays for 24 yds

4. 3 pass plays for 12 yds, 3 run plays for 11 yds

5. 1 pass play for -6 yds, 1 run play for 9 yds

Total 14 pass plays for 96 yds or 6.85 YPA, 11 run plays for 108 yds or 9.8 YPA.

I guess I'm glad that Chan's comment makes you feel good, but I'm not clear on what, objectively, made Chan feel we couldn't run more successfully in the 2nd half.

The run/pass breakdown isn't awful (56% pass, 44% run), but we were actually gaining more yardage overall by running than by passing. So I'm a little puzzled by Chan's conclusion. We might have needed to try some different run plays - put a blocking TE or FB into the game? One really does wonder if the play breakdown were swapped, if we could have gotten a few more 1st downs and another score and made the game less of a scramble.

OT, by the way, was 6 pass plays, 1 run play which I totally don't understand given the above stats.

And mrags, really, you'd have a bit more cred with me anyway if you could refrain from the OVERexaggerations. I realize they're in fashion around here at the moment, but I think the above shows that the run was not, in fact, the only thing working today and to suggest a coach commit suicide sits very badly given all the coaches who have suffered suicides in their families recently. That could be just me though.

As you pointed out in your breakdown. The run was working more than the pass. It's not to say the pass wasn't working at all but it's clear the run was a safer bet. It also doesn't show the order in which plays were called and so forth. As I said, they were down by 1 for most of the 2nd half. Running more kills the clock, keeps the ball out of Fitz' hands in stressful situations, and keeps Larry Fitzgerald and the Cards offense off the field, all while giving our defense a much needed rest. In this particular case today, they would have been much better off running the ball more than they did. In the end, we won. We got lucky thier Kicker misse a chip shot that he's never ever missed before.

As far as the exagerration, like I said, yes, I get a little out of hand. If you can't realize I'm being overly exagerrated and sometimes sarcastic, I can't help that.

As far as the coaches family members commuting suicide. I feel your being a little overly exagerrated or possibly sarcastic about it yourself. I have nothing to say about the people or families of people I clearly don't know. It's not personal. Clearly it bothers you though and to that, I apologize.

Heh, you should see the messages I sent my friend earlier (Seahawks fan who was rooting for us). I was cursing Chan's name right about that same time.

lol, I don't remember ever being this upset with the guy, but it was really making me want to punch the guy. It's funny, cause as soon as they drove into FG range, I switched over to the Pats game because I wasn't going to watch the end result of their ineptitude. I noticed that the score on the Sunday Ticket stream didn't change though, and then next thing I saw it said "OT"....I couldn't believe it....I didn't see any possible way that Feely would have missed. I immediately switched back over and thankfully Byrd allowed my blood pressure to return to normal!

my blood pressure to return to normal!

I am glad I can't measure mine lol (I imagine you can). I was yelling at my computer and woke up my girlfriend and the baby 2 times during the end of the 4th (it was 6am here or close to it).

Edited by bowery4

Between the still injured Freddy and CJ, they had about 200 yards on the ground and in the air, and scored two TDs. This with a banged up OL and no passing game on the road against a great defensive team, and we won. Even with our QB having a lousy game. I think Chan knows what he is doing even if I was furious with him today several times myself.

That's a pretty good comment right there. In the 4th quarter I told myself several times that I hate this team for playing dumb, and I wanted to string Chan up after that wildcat call and then not trying a 52-yard FG. That said, he did largely stick with the run, and if Fitz had been able to hit the broad side of a barn with about 5 or 6 throws the game wouldn't have been close at the end.

That's a pretty good comment right there. In the 4th quarter I told myself several times that I hate this team for playing dumb, and I wanted to string Chan up after that wildcat call and then not trying a 52-yard FG. That said, he did largely stick with the run, and if Fitz had been able to hit the broad side of a barn with about 5 or 6 throws the game wouldn't have been close at the end.

Thats the problem. As the HC of this te he should know what he has and doesn't with Fitz. Everyone else can clearly see he's not a good QB. Us fans, media, and "professionals" that analyze these guys play and all of these guys can see that Fitz isn't very good. Chan should be limiting Him more than he is. Especially when you have the lead late in the game and should be running more (that goes for trick plays too).