How can a QB underperform with such a gifted O-line?

no we don't. we try and stretch the field (something pennington was never able to do) and clearly fitzpatrick can't do it with enough consistency to make this team a playoff contender.

this offense would be perfect for anyone who can throw the ball with velocity and accuracy past 25-30 yards down the field.

the quarterback for this offense doesnt even have to be particularly mobile because they pass blocking is stellar.

with that being said, i think cam newton (even though he's super mobile) would be the best fit.

I think the best QB for the offense chan wants to run is Bradford. And Fitz isn't even the same zip code of his throwing ability. The best available to us in last years draft was weeden. He's got the arm and he's mature and coachable. But they couldnt have had Bradford at 1 overall and I liked the gilmore pick so I cant complain. I wanted them to address QB in the off season with Flynn, who could have been had for a lot less than they're paying Fitz.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's averaging a meager sack a game, and three came from the NE game. On many, many plays he has ample time to find his WR and make the correct throw. I think this is the biggest case for changing QBs. You could argue the play-calling is poor, but under-thrown balls and bad decisions are inexcusable. There are QBs in the NFL having success with a lot less in front of them.

Hmmmm, this would be the OL that is now missing what, 2 starters and down to the 4th string at one position?

The ONLY reason the O line looks half way decent is because Fitz can get rid of the ball so quickly.

That's the one thing that Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe, J.P. Losman and Trent Edwards couldn't do.