ATL head coach nailed it

BuffaloBud

Harbaugh is smashmouth coach, that should be painfully obvious by now, regardless of what A Smith did today

You said that Harbaugh disagrees this is a QB league. Where did he say this--when he was openly courting Peyton Manning this off season? He was "smashmouth" in Stanford with Luck?

We play in Buffalo. Get a damn good offensive line and young nobody bruising backs and slam some heads. We need a grass field and a real defensive leader a la Ray Lewis.

I think we need to draft the meanest, nastiest LB available in the 2nd round. (RD 1 on Geno Smith, yes Buddy, even if you have to trade your next 2=3 years of first round picks).

I disagree, respectfully. This has been a QB driven league for 10 something years. The last time it was not when the Bucs beat the Raiders. As Favre, Gannon, Manning, Warner, Brady, even McNabb and many other QB's began flourishing it was further proof. Guys like Trent Green, Hasselbeck, Cutler, and Palmer all threw the ball like All-Pro's. Vick showed what an multi-threat QB could do. In the last 8 years specifically teams have tooled up to destroy the pass. Athletic, fast LB's who are good against the pass, DB's who are small, quick, and more fragile. Basics like tackling and angles have fallen out. Even DL are now sleeker and faster. All of this to key in on the pass.

Through the next few years we will watch more DB's get injured by RB's challenging them.

In the next 2-3 years this will be a game where the QB is a game manager as much as anything and it gets back to the ground like it was in the late 80's and early 90's. Big bruising backs will be taking the field, and agile out of the pocket threats will return.

Mike Smith is wrong.

Fitz is a liability as a starting QB. Anything down the field is up for grabs or over thrown and the wildcat E to W running is predictable and lame. The defensive scheme is bad and the secondary talent is inexperienced or lacks effective communication. They are confused easily and need more experience together as a unit. This Jackson & Spiller combo is difficult to make work and Chan even said last week that he doesn't know how he will distribute the touches. Either way the highlight was the special teams early and even that was tainted by the holding penalty from Byrd and the inability of the offense to not screw up the short field advantage. Chan, Dave, and Fitz must go. If they can fire Brian Moorman due to inconsistency these guys must go. now not later.

If the nfl is a qb driven league. And if our best talents are not at qb, why don't we convert our best athlete to QB? Seriously, can you see anyone tackling mario williams as he escapes the pocket? Aaron Maybin blitzing him-- he'd bounce right off of Mario before he completes a 70 yard bomb to stevie.

I mean I know our d-line would suffer a bit, but DE"s are a dime a dozen. We can plug Kelsey in there until we find someone in the draft.

Seriously, am I missing something?

Mike Smith said in post-game presser that the game is now quarterback driven. After seeing the past couple of games that is the resource that this team lacks deeply. INT at goal line is case in point along with numerous other instances. Until this position is filled with a top end talent the rest of it will suffer. I can't give Fitz any more leash.

Fitz just flings that ball up there like it's a friggin' hail mary!!!

It must be fun playing as an opposing DB against Fitz. You know your time will come soon enough. Just wait for a 3rd a 2....