Front Office or Coaches need to address or answer for the D

San-O

Looking at the stats, the Bills D is almost exactly where they were last season.

2011 they finished 26th in total D and 30th in points.

http://www.nfl.com/s...=true&Submit=Go

2012 with 1/4 of the season played ( I know it's still early) they are 27th in total D and 30th in points.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG&tabSeq=2&season=2012&role=OPP&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=SCORING&qualified=true

Everyone basically agrees the talent is better especially on D and D line.

I see no answers, huge blowouts, and nothing much else.

Buddy Nix is maybe not the guy re: coaching choices.

Edited by SoCal-Surf

D line, the talent is better.

But even though Gilmore shows promise, I can't see ANY other area where the talent is better than last year. In fact, it's the same.

As a matter of fact, I could argue that since it's their first year in the new scheme, the 'same' players are even a little worse until they are comfortable in it.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

D line, the talent is better.

But even though Gilmore shows promise, I can't see ANY other area where the talent is better than last year. In fact, it's the same.

As a matter of fact, I could argue that since it's their first year on the new scheme, the 'same' players are even a little worse until they are comfortable in it.

GO BILLS!!!

Right. I was expecting MUCH more out of this D line that what we are getting. People were talking TOP 5 or some other things, but I was thinking really

maybe D in the 10 - 15 in the league, with really good run stopping and sacks. Fooled again I guess, but the M. Williams contract is going to hurt for a ling time

and he is almost 30 years old.

Our D does have talent but when you have a dumb ass for a DC telling the players to do stupid things & they know it, they tend to throw their hands up. Until Wanny is gone - don't expect much from this D except for opponents racking up big scores.

Yessir

I noticed in the standings today in the paper that only 2 teams have given up more points than the Bills and only 5 teams have scored more points than the Bills. Something tells me that even if our D could be mid level we'd be very competitive.

Dave needs to do something (not sure what) to get this turned around pretty soon.

Our O and Fitz are fine. We need to find a D someway somehow.