Mike Vick owns a dog?

NoSaint

The lie (deleting the photo of the milk bones box) just compounds the issue.

He'd have been better off being upfront and honest in some way.

No one really cared whether Clinton smoked pot or not… it was the silly "I didn't inhale" which cost him public opinion.

Agreed. He just doesn't seem to "get it" yet.

Honestly in his position - if he feels like he'd have to lie about it- he shouldn't be doing it. That would be the common sense rule of thumb to impose on yourself here.

Edited by NoSaint

dog fighting is very prevalent among inner city, poverty stricken areas (Especially in the african american community), im not saying its right (its horrific), but if thats what you grow up doing - parents, family, friends, community - you dont associate it with being wrong - with that said, most people who fight dogs actually own dogs as their pets as well, they simply have "fighting dogs" and their "pets"...

im not trying to defend the guy for dog fighting, its wrong and terrible, but it occurs every single day and its a different way of viewing animals for MANY people, not just Mike Vick

dog fighting is very prevalent among inner city, poverty stricken areas (Especially in the african american community), im not saying its right (its horrific), but if thats what you grow up doing - parents, family, friends, community - you dont associate it with being wrong - with that said, most people who fight dogs actually own dogs as their pets as well, they simply have "fighting dogs" and their "pets"...

im not trying to defend the guy for dog fighting, its wrong and terrible, but it occurs every single day and its a different way of viewing animals for MANY people, not just Mike Vick

And?

He was caught, prosecuted and served time. Part of his punishment is he shouldn't have a dog. So he shouldn't have a dog. Plain and simple. Just because others do it, doesn't make it ok because Vick happens to be a famous athlete.

And?

He was caught, prosecuted and served time. Part of his punishment is he shouldn't have a dog. So he shouldn't have a dog. Plain and simple. Just because others do it, doesn't make it ok because Vick happens to be a famous athlete.

AND I was simply shedding some light on a sensitive subject that many people dont know about...many were shocked and appalled that people could do such things with animals, when it happens all the time

Vick got a more severe punishment for his offenses because of his stature as a celebrity and was "made an example of", NY Times article written a few months after the beginning of Vick's incarceration provided supporting evidence from dog fighting convictions in the previous years where the guilty parties got as little as probation for similar offenses (most had heavy fines, community service, and at MOST 6 to 8 months of jail time) - looking to link article if still archived

Vick has done a lot of good to shed light on the practice of dog fighting and seems to be truly making a difference around the horrific practice, but in the end, yes your right, his punishment says he shouldnt have a dog, so he is in the wrong, great

comparing that to a child molester being allowed near a school is not even in the same ballpark BTW, but obviously your cousin lacks intelligence (he IS an eagles fan after all) to point that out to you

Yeah comparing that a pedophile is apples and oranges. What Vick did was obviously wrong. However, he has served his time and is done with probation. So, legally, no one can do a thing to him. If one of his kids wants a dog, the kid shouldn't have to suffer. However, Mike should continue his role in the PSA's he does for animal rights.

Sorry, he very well knew that dog fighting was wrong and that he was breaking the law. He went through great lengths to hide the dog fighting buildings on his property (they were all painted pitch black) and he vehemently denied fighting dogs until he realized their was a monumental amount of evidence against him. So let's stop with the inner city he didn't know any better stuff. Next people are going to start excusing gang-related murders because they are commonplace in the big city.

While Vicki's at it, he should probably delete that little girl from the photo too. The fact that he, a person who electrocuted and drowned dogs with his own bare hands, is responsible for the upbringing of a young mind is sickening and scary.

Edited by kas23

Sorry, he very well knew that dog fighting was wrong and that he was breaking the law. He went through great lengths to hide the dog fighting buildings on his property (they were all painted pitch black) and he vehemently denied fighting dogs until he realized their was a monumental amount of evidence against him. So let's stop with the inner city he didn't know any better stuff. Next people are going to start excusing gang-related murders because they are commonplace in the big city.

While Vicki's at it, he should probably delete that little girl from the photo too. The fact that he, a person who electrocuted and drowned dogs with his own bare hands, is responsible for the upbringing of a young mind is sickening and scary.

I didnt say he didnt know it was wrong, I said "growing up you dont know its wrong because thats what everyone around you is doing - and then you dont associate it with wrong" - that was not speaking to mike vick, that was speaking to urban blacks in poverty stricken areas where it is quite prevalent - your correct Vick went to great lengths to cover up his operations/distance himself from it....

killing dogs in a terrible crime, but to say he shouldnt be able to raise a child because of it? get over yourself Mother Theresa

I didnt say he didnt know it was wrong, I said "growing up you dont know its wrong because thats what everyone around you is doing - and then you dont associate it with wrong" - that was not speaking to mike vick, that was speaking to urban blacks in poverty stricken areas where it is quite prevalent - your correct Vick went to great lengths to cover up his operations/distance himself from it....

killing dogs in a terrible crime, but to say he shouldnt be able to raise a child because of it? get over yourself Mother Theresa

Who said he shouldn't be allowed to raise a child? Reading comprehension, man, reading comprehension.

Who said he shouldn't be allowed to raise a child? Reading comprehension, man, reading comprehension.

"The fact that he, a person who electrocuted and drowned dogs with his own bare hands, is responsible for the upbringing of a young mind is sickening and scary." what is that in reference to?

"The fact that he, a person who electrocuted and drowned dogs with his own bare hands, is responsible for the upbringing of a young mind is sickening and scary." what is that in reference to?

It's in reference to exactly what I wrote. It's a scary thought he's responsible for raising a child. Not that he should have the right taken away from him. If you can't comprehend the difference, then I'm sorry I can't help you.

It's in reference to exactly what I wrote. It's a scary thought he's responsible for raising a child. Not that he should have the right taken away from him. If you can't comprehend the difference, then I'm sorry I can't help you.

oh my bad, you were just saying him raising a child is sickening and scary, not that he shouldn't be allowed to do so haha...but your definitely an expert on Mike Vick on a personal level, knowing exactly what kind of values he instills in his children, and what hes all about as a person....people definitely cant make mistakes in their lives, be punished for it and perhaps become reformed, why didn't they just execute such a monster right after finding out about his killing of dogs? We all know those who partake in such activities will CERTAINLY go on to raise children who abuse animals, and more than likely other people! Look at his daughter in that picture, you can just tell shes thinking about killing puppies and puttin' caps in peoples asses....all b/c of what Mike is whispering in her ears at bedtime....

I think its sick and scary that close minded and judgmental people are responsible for raising children...haters beget haters

I think its sick and scary that close minded and judgmental people are responsible for raising children...haters beget haters

i'm less concerned about the children than the poor woman who birthed them. hopefully, he's classy enough to provide her a lifetime prescription of valtrex.

Maybe you should take your own logic and reassess your stance on Vick raising a child. It is well documented that victims of child abuse are much, much more likely to grow up and become abusers themselves. Likewise, it's not such a stretch of intellect to realize that parents often instill their own value set into the minds of their children. I don't know if you have children or not, but would you trust Vick to raise your children if needed? He's all reformed, right?

Maybe you should take your own logic and reassess your stance on Vick raising a child. It is well documented that victims of child abuse are much, much more likely to grow up and become abusers themselves. Likewise, it's not such a stretch of intellect to realize that parents often instill their own value set into the minds of their children. I don't know if you have children or not, but would you trust Vick to raise your children if needed? He's all reformed, right?

i know all about children who are abused often turning into children abusers...what does that have to do with dog fighting? was mike vick abused as a child? I was not aware of that....i dont know if Vick is all reformed and fit to raise kids, its not my place to judge him b/c I dont know the facts, which was my point all along...you were the one throwing around the 'kill the sick bastard' statements and spouting off about his poor child and how it sickened you that Vick had kids, as if you know all about his personal life and his parental skills

i know all about children who are abused often turning into children abusers...what does that have to do with dog fighting? was mike vick abused as a child? I was not aware of that....i dont know if Vick is all reformed and fit to raise kids, its not my place to judge him b/c I dont know the facts, which was my point all along...you were the one throwing around the 'kill the sick bastard' statements and spouting off about his poor child and how it sickened you that Vick had kids, as if you know all about his personal life and his parental skills

No parent is perfect but there are PLENTY of reasons to question his parenting ability.