Fool Proof 49ers Game Plan

I have the NFL Sunday ticket, and my favorite NFC has always been the 49ers ever since Joe Montana was drafted, and my grandfather mistakenly thought he was Italian early on.(We're Italian in case that's not obvious). But I digress. Point is, I watch them as often as I can and can say without a shred of doubt, Donte Whitner is far and away the worst coverage safety I have ever seen play the game. The only difference these days with him is the colour of his jersey. I bring this hot news bulletin on the heels of his criticism of the Buffalo organization, and while some of the points aren't that far fetched, there is no doubt he was missing one important factor, he was part of the problem. The man simply can't cover a tight end to save his life, always seems late to the point of the catch in coverage, and gets easily forced out of position by good quarterbacks that can look him off. None of this has changed, not even on a team with superior coaching, and commitment all the way to the top to loosely paraphrase.

So, what's this secret game plan to beat the 49ers? well, that's easy, throw every single pass to Scott Chandler and Dorin dickerson, and run 2 deep on occasion and simply have Fitzpatrick stare intently at one of them, then quickly throw to the other. that's it, do nothing else. As a matter of fact, don't even dress anyone else on offense. He is so catastrophically bad in coverage, I'd be so bold to say that any game the 49ers play with him in the game are only close in scoring due to his time on the field.

This is not anger towards, not is it hatred of the man we all called 'Lil Donte, but rather my way of expressing my emotions towards a player whose self image of his skills really don't line up with reality.

Will the Bills win? Dunno... But I am starting Scott Chandler in all of my fantasy leagues this week...Championship!

I have the NFL Sunday ticket, and my favorite NFC has always been the 49ers ever since Joe Montana was drafted, and my grandfather mistakenly thought he was Italian early on.(We're Italian in case that's not obvious). But I digress. Point is, I watch them as often as I can and can say without a shred of doubt, Donte Whitner is far and away the worst coverage safety I have ever seen play the game. The only difference these days with him is the colour of his jersey. I bring this hot news bulletin on the heels of his criticism of the Buffalo organization, and while some of the points aren't that far fetched, there is no doubt he was missing one important factor, he was part of the problem. The man simply can't cover a tight end to save his life, always seems late to the point of the catch in coverage, and gets easily forced out of position by good quarterbacks that can look him off. None of this has changed, not even on a team with superior coaching, and commitment all the way to the top to loosely paraphrase.

So, what's this secret game plan to beat the 49ers? well, that's easy, throw every single pass to Scott Chandler and Dorin dickerson, and run 2 deep on occasion and simply have Fitzpatrick stare intently at one of them, then quickly throw to the other. that's it, do nothing else. As a matter of fact, don't even dress anyone else on offense. He is so catastrophically bad in coverage, I'd be so bold to say that any game the 49ers play with him in the game are only close in scoring due to his time on the field.

This is not anger towards, not is it hatred of the man we all called 'Lil Donte, but rather my way of expressing my emotions towards a player whose self image of his skills really don't line up with reality.

Will the Bills win? Dunno... But I am starting Scott Chandler in all of my fantasy leagues this week...Championship!

That's right, dude.

I like the plan (though I think they'll catch on after the 5th or 6th throw to Chandler). If the OL plays as well as it has been, then they have a chance to execute this. There is this little thing they have to do...block Patrick Willis once in a while.

I picked up Chandler last week. I'm very tempted for this week, but I'd have to bench Gronk. Dunno...