Kelvin Sheppard....

I keep reading about how the 'stach went into the gameplan Sunday with our starting Middle LInebacker, (the guy who calls the D and arranges the players), essentially not being a part of the game plan.

Is Sheppard really that unimportant as to have a plan the comfortably puts this guy on the sidelines for 90% of the plays? Not even going to touch Partrick Willis, but can you imagine respective defenses building a game plan that leaves Brian Urlacher, Jon Beason, Jarron Mayo or even an aging Ray Lewis on the sidelines? I like Sheppard, but if he is truly this one dimensional, we need to find a more capable inside backer - Gronkowsi will be around for the next 10+ years and obviously, we don't feel good about what we have in Sheppard.

Not defending Sheppard but it's the game plan that was at fault. We were in Nickel(or some variation) throughout the game and Sheppard is just not a nickel LB. We should've mixed it up a bit, especially when they started running it down our throats. I think Sheppard has the potential to be a better than average MLB but he has to be put in a position to succeed.

shepp. wasent off the field ONLY because he cant cover Gronk...he was off the field because we were in that stupid nickel/4-1-6 BS the entire game...

yes it was an idiotic gameplan that BOTH wanny and Chan are sticking by....this is why the ship is sinking...

yes it was an idiotic gameplan that BOTH Gilbride and Gregg Williams are sticking by....this is why the ship is sinking...

As much as I like Chan, we could change your post to reflect any coaching staff for god knows how many seasons and it's the same old story.

That's really the shame of it all--- we've seen this movie before 100 times, and it's playing on a double feature with Pauly Shore's Biodome.

:bag:

As much as I like Chan, we could change your post to reflect any coaching staff for god knows how many seasons and it's the same old story.

That's really the shame of it all--- we've seen this movie before 100 times, and it's playing on a double feature with Pauly Shore's Biodome.

:bag:

hey man, dont diss Biodome like that....wasent there a Baldwin in there?

shepp. wasent off the field ONLY because he cant cover Gronk...he was off the field because we were in that stupid nickel/4-1-6 BS the entire game...

yes it was an idiotic gameplan that BOTH wanny and Chan are sticking by....this is why the ship is sinking...

Its total obstinance and foolishness. To be so worried about a bad match up you relinquish an even worse match up?

How are you going to pass russ your front 4 when they have to play run and a face a hurry up offense with DBs playing linebacker against 2 TE sets? How can the pats manage substitutions but the bills don't bother??

Wanny is like the old college marketing prof that copies the same homework "dittos" and tests from ten years ago without updates or new ideas.

Man I wish the bills hadn't pissed away Fewell...

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

The way I look at is this. Either Shep is starting MLB material, or he's not. Since he's only been around for a couple of seasons, if he can't play the position like the position needs to be played,.... if he's worth 2 Sh!tz to begin with, then you play him and let him learn on the job... that means in coverage as well as against the run. If he ain't worth 2 sh!tz, then WTF is he doing on the roster to begin with?

The way I look at is this. Either Shep is starting MLB material, or he's not. Since he's only been around for a couple of seasons, if he can't play the position like the position needs to be played,.... if he's worth 2 Sh!tz to begin with, then you play him and let him learn on the job... that means in coverage as well as against the run. If he ain't worth 2 sh!tz, then WTF is he doing on the roster to begin with?

Chan saw him running sideline to sideline at the senior bowl and he played in the SEC.

Exactly my point. My concern really is that this administration cannot identify talent. From what I have seen - they would not have given Spiller an opportunity were nit not for Jacksons injury....Same for TJ Graham - he was the only guy who looked like an NFL receiver last weekend. I say let Sheppard play to figure out what we have....

Hey NS how is martez Wilson working out for saints? I'll be first to admit I overweight physical talent over "intangibles" and thought he had it all over shepperd. I wanted bills to take him instead.

He's shown flashes but can't find a regular role. He's been at DE, at OLB, and special teams.

He got killed on the 91 yarder from Charles. Just worked completely over.

I believe it was him that blocked the punt against Washington though.

From limited snaps he still looks about as you'd expect from his scouting report - fast as can be, but inconsistent at best. Though I can't say he's been developed well by the team either.