Donte Whitner on Jim Rome...On 49er Football

I will always remember Donte not knocking the ball down against jacksonville? on that last drive in a loss in 2004. Proved to be crucial later when they failed to make the playoffs. Yes its unfair and irrational to base your views on one play in one game but that to me was indicative of Donte overall in Buffalo, he just could not get the job done. Overrated.

Edited by Livinginthepast

I will always remember Donte not knocking the ball down against jacksonville? on that last drive in a loss in 2004. Proved to be crucial later when they failed to make the playoffs. Yes its unfair and irrational to base your views on one play in one game but that to me was indicative of Donte overall in Buffalo, he just could get the job done. Overrated.

that was vincent, or milloy. donte wasnt here lol

Not sure why, maybe RW Stadium was built with the same toxic concrete and gravel that Niagara Falls used to pave their street and sidewalks. Maybe the fans bad vibrations are effecting the entire organization. Maybe Zarathustra hates Buffalo, or the NFL doesn't want Buffalo to win so they can easily move the team. Maybe the coaching sucks. Maybe the owner is terrible.... on and on. But I don't believe that the Bills talent has been as bad as the records have been for the last 10 years.

how did they get good from 88-00

I will always remember Donte not knocking the ball down against jacksonville? on that last drive in a loss in 2004. Proved to be crucial later when they failed to make the playoffs. Yes its unfair and irrational to base your views on one play in one game but that to me was indicative of Donte overall in Buffalo, he just could get the job done. Overrated.

that was vincent, or milloy. donte wasnt here lol

It was Nate Clements.

My favorite Donte hit was the absolute leveling of Ochocinco that knocked him out till the following Sunday. Remember Donte couldn't guard 6'6 tight ends. Neither can Bryan Scott, or George Wilson. At least the opposing team feared Whitner.

I posted after the Jets game that LaRon Landry was a dirty player. Well at least people fear Landry. This fear factor is real. I could run off a list of wood layers but don't feel it necessary to do so. Like Paul Hamilton said, the Bills as a whole are a bunch of nice guys. My take is we need an edge, a Brian Dawkins / Rodney Harrison / Troy Polumalu type X Factor who plays on the border of legal and illegal.

Making Whitner out to be some sort of Jack Tatum/Ronnie Lott intimidator is some pretty ridiculous revisionist history. He choked badly in the Saints playoff game and got bailed out. George Wilson made more plays in one half vs Philly last year than Whitner did here in five years. The 49ers are a better team, no kidding. You're fooling yourself to think the safties are the reason for that.

The abuse Whitner gets on this board is silly. He is doing well, and is a leader on a team that plays with tons of heart. His comments about the 49ers are him comparing his experience with the Bills to his current situation, even if that isn't his intent. These are the only 2 teams he can really compare.

This team is the black hole of the NFL, and I don't believe that the talent level here is that much worse than the rest of the league. It's something else...

We eat our own.

PTR