Ryder Cup

Simon

Tiger didn't deserve to be on this years team either. He and stricker didn't win a point all weekend.

you can fault tiger for his play earlier but not today. furyk makes 4 on 18 and we win. Tiger woulda made 4 if it was for all the marbles. hell, they were singing ole ole as he hit his putt. furyk isn't gonna sleep well for a while. the 2 euro players after him were in that bunker on 18 and hit the green. then he pulls his putt from the fringe 8 frigging feet to the left. i like the guy. i think he does amazing stuff with that weird swing but he had the outcome in his bag and he just choked awful.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up, but Europe was due for some breaks. They had putts lipping out all over the place on Saturday.

It really would have been fun to have it come down to Tiger on 18. I still can't believe they couldn't buy another lousy 1/2 point out of all those late matches.

They said that combined on on 17 & 18 yesterday, europe won 8 holes and the US 3. Simply couldn't close out. 1 more half point and the cup was ours. (i'm not counting tiger losing 18 to guido luigi because it was obvious tiger didn't give a ****)

Yep - Tiger and Stricker are definitey the goats this time. They went a combined 0.5-4.5.

A whole bunch of matches went to 18 this year, but here's two difference makers for you. If Stricker makes that 6'-putt on 18 on Saturday then if Tiger makes the 6-footer on 18 on Sunday, there are the two half-points we needed to change the score to 14.5-13.5 for us.

Yep - Tiger and Stricker are definitey the goats this time. They went a combined 0.5-4.5.

A whole bunch of matches went to 18 this year, but here's two difference makers for you. If Stricker makes that 6'-putt on 18 on Saturday then if Tiger makes the 6-footer on 18 on Sunday, there are the two half-points we needed to change the score to 14.5-13.5 for us.

Tiger would have closed out his full point on Sunday if it had mattered. Once the match ended with him in the middle of the 18th fairway he obviously didn't give a damn about the rest of the hole.

Love, Stricker and Furyk are the goats. The criticism of Tiger has been way overblown. He played very well on both Friday and Saturday afternoons in addition to being in a position to win on Sunday.

You can't blame Tiger. He was playing well late Friday, and OK on Saturday, and would've won the point Sunday if it came down to it. Stricker and Furyk were awful on Sunday...and Justin Rose absolutely killed us on 17 and 18 when Philly was playing outta his mind.

BTW, I friggin hate Poulter!

Edited by Wooderson

Instead of Stricker and Furyk, who should have DL3 selected as his captain's choices.?

Hunter Mahan?

Rickie Fowler?

Nick Watney ?

Yes, I think younger, more energetic guys do better in this event. Stricker is 45 and well past his prime. Furyk is also in his 40s, has a poor all-time Ryder Cup record, and had already choked in two big tournaments this year. Was he the guy Love really wanted standing over a crucial 6' putt late on Sunday?

But even if you don't want to second guess the picks, I don't understand Love's strategy on Sunday. If you made sure to stock your team with veterans, why wouldn't you put those veterans out against Europe's big 3? Everyone knew Europe's only chance was to seize momentum right off that bat and that meant putting McElory, Poulter and Donald out right away. Instead of going right after those guys Love played not to lose by trying to hide his veterans in the back and it backfired big time.

Was Seve's ghost helping the euros today? They generally outplayed the 'mericans today, but there were a handful of putts that europe had no right making and did, and then i counted about a half a dozen american putts that just lipped out. If even 1 of them falls, we win the cup. That type of luck usually balances itself out over that many holes in that many matches, but it was all on the euro side today.

Spoken like a true Bills fan. :lol:

Tiger would have closed out his full point on Sunday if it had mattered. Once the match ended with him in the middle of the 18th fairway he obviously didn't give a damn about the rest of the hole.

Love, Stricker and Furyk are the goats. The criticism of Tiger has been way overblown. He played very well on both Friday and Saturday afternoons in addition to being in a position to win on Sunday.

He got stomped by Colsaerts on Friday afternoon. And didn't accomplish a thing Saturday afternoon. No criticism can be overblown when the #2 ranked player in the world comes away with 0.5pts out of 4 matches.

He got stomped by Colsaerts on Friday afternoon. And didn't accomplish a thing Saturday afternoon. No criticism can be overblown when the #2 ranked player in the world comes away with 0.5pts out of 4 matches.

By stomped, you mean Tiger made 7 birdies and was beaten by someone who made 8 birdies and an eagle. Tiger played great in that session. No one would have beaten Colsaerts that day.

By stomped, you mean Tiger made 7 birdies and was beaten by someone who made 8 birdies and an eagle. Tiger played great in that session. No one would have beaten Colsaerts that day.

couldnt agee more, Colsaerts was the brick wall that Tiger ran into...he played great, Tiger played dam good too...

and yes, Mahan not being out there with how well he played this year is questionable at best....