JP Losman Is Not The Man

ubhockey

JP will take years to groom into an NFL QB. It's not like the kid came from the "U" or Tennessee or Auburn where they breed NFLers. He played for Tulane. This kid isn't the Bills answer in the near future.

All this talk about him being the man for next year is crazy. He's too underdeveloped. Chances are he may never groom into his expected potential. It's a big chance we took in drafting him.

That being said, the Bills need someone else at the helm next year. Drew can't lead this team, however, with whatever else is out there, he might be our best bet.

Dare I say: Doug Flutie? Haha ... jk!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that you, Rudy?

Of course, we are doomed and none of our players wil develop.

189349[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he will never develop. I'm saying he's too raw to the professional game, and he won't develop by next season. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt I am. JP is not ready and going with him would be a huge mistake. Our team is too good to have JP lead the offense next season.

JP will take years to groom into an NFL QB. It's not like the kid came from the "U" or Tennessee or Auburn where they breed NFLers. He played for Tulane. This kid isn't the Bills answer in the near future.

All this talk about him being the man for next year is crazy. He's too underdeveloped. Chances are he may never groom into his expected potential. It's a big chance we took in drafting him.

That being said, the Bills need someone else at the helm next year. Drew can't lead this team, however, with whatever else is out there, he might be our best bet.

189338[/snapback]

Huh? Have you been observing JP in practice everyday? Is your uncle Tom Donahue? How do you know how JP is progressing? FYI Daunte Culpepper went to Central Florida, Brett Favre went to Southern Mississippi, Big Ben went to Miami of Ohio. A football player is a football player no matter where they went to school

189338[/snapback]

Yeah you're right. Ben R. came from that football powerhouse Miami of FREAKIN' Ohio and couldn't do sh-- in his rookie year! :doh:

Huh?  Have you been observing JP in practice everyday?  Is your uncle Tom Donahue?  How do you know how JP is progressing?  FYI Daunte Culpepper went to Central Florida, Brett Favre went to Southern Mississippi, Big Ben went to Miami of Ohio.  A football player is a football player no matter where they went to school

189370[/snapback]

Carr went to Fresno State, Pennington went to Marshall, Vick went to Virginia Tech (there a small school right?) :doh:

Well said, the scholl JP played for means nothing. His ATTITUDE means EVERYTHING!

189338[/snapback]

I completely disagree. Every young QB is underdeveloped. Sometimes, if you push them in the pool, you'll find out how well they swim. Fear of the unknown is not a valid argument. Plenty of small college QB's showed something in the NFL.

189338[/snapback]

Are you kidding? Do you think the Bills picked him as a No1 pick to watch him sit on the bench for three years? That's crazy. That's not going to happen. I think he will start next year, if not 2006 at the latest.

Are you kidding? Do you think the Bills picked him as a No1 pick to watch him sit on the bench for three years? That's crazy. That's not going to happen. I think he will start next year, if not 2006 at the latest.

189388[/snapback]

I heard from a little birdie that the Bills traded up to get Losman so that St. Louis or Green bay could not have him. They have no intention of playing him throughout his contract and will let him become a UFA at that point.

Travis Brown is our future!!!!

Huh?  Have you been observing JP in practice everyday?  Is your uncle Tom Donahue?  How do you know how JP is progressing?  FYI Daunte Culpepper went to Central Florida, Brett Favre went to Southern Mississippi, Big Ben went to Miami of Ohio.  A football player is a football player no matter where they went to school

189370[/snapback]

No I haven't done any of those things you mentioned, I just have a brain.

All those QBs you mentioned except for maybe Favre were UNBELIEVEABLE in college. I saw Big Ben play at Miami (OH) and I said from that day that he could be an NFL starter right at that very moment. Same with Culpepper, the guy was head and shoulders about EVERYONE else. I can't remember seeing Favre in college.

JP was great at Tulane but he was not the second coming like the other guys were.

I heard from a little birdie that the Bills traded up to get Losman so that St. Louis or Green bay could not have him.  They have no intention of playing him throughout his contract and will let him become a UFA at that point.

Travis Brown is our future!!!!

189404[/snapback]

Yeah, I think they have already made room for him to start 2010. In the mean time he'll be doing chores like clean up, laundry, clipboard 101

No I haven't done any of those things you mentioned, I just have a brain.

All those QBs you mentioned except for maybe Favre were UNBELIEVEABLE in college. I saw Big Ben play at Miami (OH) and I said from that day that he could be an NFL starter right at that very moment. Same with Culpepper, the guy was head and shoulders about EVERYONE else. I can't remember seeing Favre in college.

JP was great at Tulane but he was not the second coming like the other guys were.

189413[/snapback]

Southern Miss(Favres alma mater) and Marshall(Penningtons alma mater) are both in Conference USA with Tulane. Losman was on one of the worst teams in the country in a decent conference and still played great. That tells me something about JP

Carr went to Fresno State, Pennington went to Marshall, Vick went to Virginia Tech (there a small school right?)  :doh:

Well said, the scholl JP played for means nothing. His ATTITUDE means EVERYTHING!

189386[/snapback]

Pennington took years to develope. Vick was heads and shoulders above everyone else in college.

We can only hope JP turns into Carr, but Carr is still a year or two from being a premier QB.

Yes, where you play in college means A LOT 90% of the time. If you don't watch college football you wouldn't understand.

189338[/snapback]

Who cares what college he played for??? There are plenty of examples of very good QBs currently in the NFL who played at lesser schools. I'd also point out that Losman's former teammate, Patrick Ramsey, has played fairly well as a young QB and appears to have a bright future ahead of him.

As for whether or not Losman will be ready to play next year, I don't know the answer to this and neither do you. There is one thing I DO know, however, that being that the Bills did not draft Losman to sit on the bench.

Pennington took years to develope. Vick was heads and shoulders above everyone else in college.

We can only hope JP turns into Carr, but Carr is still a year or two from being a premier QB.

Yes, where you play in college means A LOT 90% of the time. If you don't watch college football you wouldn't understand.

189427[/snapback]

Chad took over the starting job in his third year and had a 104 rating. He played great in spot duty his first two years but had Vinnie as starter ahead of him, kind of like Drew and JP

189427[/snapback]

I do watch it..thanks, and I agree in most cases. However, we just rattled off a few that dont fit and are recent. Carr doesnt have the team that WE have either! He could have easily looked more like Roth than Eli with OUR team!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he will never develop. I'm saying he's too raw to the professional game, and he won't develop by next season. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt I am. JP is not ready and going with him would be a huge mistake. Our team is too good to have JP lead the offense next season.

189369[/snapback]

Well, he's not going to develop holding a clip board while Bledsoe sucks ass on the field. If we're going to have a QB who can't get it done in 2005, let's at least give the kid a shot to grow into the job. Another season of Bledsoe is another season of no playoffs.