FredEx doesn't need surgery, will start light running soon

Profootballtalk.com reports that Freddie won't need surgery

Jackson said after his television show on WBBZ-TV, via the Buffalo News, that tests showed his strained lateral collateral ligament didn’t need surgery.

If his rehab continues to go well, that would put him on the earlier end of the three- to eight-week time frame coach Chan Gailey mentioned when he was hurt. Jackson also said he expects to begin light running soon.

I don't like guys coming back from these types of injuries and not rehabbing long enough and going without the knee brace.

David Nelson is the perfect example - sprained his knee in preseason and blew it out week one.

I agree and I hope FJax doesn't rush it back because he's worried about losing his job. We know the rbs go down any time, so the last thing we need is FJax to come back too early and have Spiller get hurt. Freddie needs to be 100%. Even if he isn't techinally the starter, he will be a big part of this team's success this year.

I agree and I hope FJax doesn't rush it back because he's worried about losing his job. We know the rbs go down any time, so the last thing we need is FJax to come back too early and have Spiller get hurt. Freddie needs to be 100%. Even if he isn't techinally the starter, he will be a big part of this team's success this year.

Well in fairness and Fred Jackson is a fantastic player, but he should have lost his job already. At this point Spiller has more than proved his worth as the #1 back. It just so happens we have 2 #1 backs. It's no mistake that Jackson was the leading rusher in the NFL last year up until he got hurt, just like it's no mistake that only 3 players since week 10 of last year have more yards from scrimmage than Spiller Calvin Johnson,Ray Rice, and Maurice Jones Drew. We're in the fortunate position to have 2 great runningbacks, and hopefully when Jackson comes back he A. Stays healthy B. Is used in unison with Spiller and the team revolves around both of their abilities.

Agreed on not rushing Freddie back. Spiller is proving that when he is 'the guy' he excels.

And Choice is a very competent back up for now. He isnt a dynamic running back, but he can spell Spiller here and there.

Let Freddie heal up and then he can come back and help Spillers legs rest more mid-second half of the season. The only thing i am looking to see is how Spiller does over a 16 week season getting the majority of the carries.