Packers could shop Jennings before trade deadline

Coach Tuesday

For all the good intention in the idea, I'd much, much rather put any extra money and resources into getting a superior, truly Franchise caliber QB, than into getting a middle aged WR who is asking for more money per season than half the NFL QB's are making.

I understand the desire for our fans to see a Bills team that is more talented; however, you've got to build a team correctly. There's little value in having 20 million a year tied up in WR's when the QB throwing to them isn't going to be able to remotely maximize their talents.

That is a real issue with the Bills. We do have talent on this team. It's just that the team isn't necessarily designed to utilize our best talents (kind of a team with an identity crisis, still!).

For all the good intention in the idea, I'd much, much rather put any extra money and resources into getting a superior, truly Franchise caliber QB, than into getting a middle aged WR who is asking for more money per season than half the NFL QB's are making.

I understand the desire for our fans to see a Bills team that is more talented; however, you've got to build a team correctly. There's little value in having 20 million a year tied up in WR's when the QB throwing to them isn't going to be able to remotely maximize their talents.

That is a real issue with the Bills. We do have talent on this team. It's just that the team isn't necessarily designed to utilize our best talents (kind of a team with an identity crisis, still!).

So Ralph is cheap yet we don't have money to spend on a WR. I don't understand The logic of most Bills fans

So Ralph is cheap yet we don't have money to spend on a WR. I don't understand The logic of most Bills fans

The reasoning has little to do with money. Money is finite on an NFL team. The real point, however, is why WASTE money on talent that will not be utilized? It's similar to the argument for drafting Spiller. I, for one, thought Spiller was a great choice. However, when Gailey failed to utilize him for almost the first two years - and, if Jackson comes back and Spiller is put on the sideline again - I'm left wondering, is this ultra-talented first round pick going to end up only really being used a few years before his contract is up, by which time he'll resent Buffalo for not showcasing him all along?

Point is simple - if you're going to be aggressive about getting WR's, to the point where it'll have an influence on future spending ability, be sure to have a QB who can use them FIRST.