Bad pass defense might be a blessing in disguise

GOBILLS!!!!!

When you look at the outcome of last week where our pass defense was horrendous and our run defense was somewhat stout it may be better than you think. Luckily for us most of the quarterbacks we play this year are either inexperienced rookies or qbs that are just plain average. Not only that but the running backs we face are the complete opposite where we play Charles, T Rich, Ridley, frank gore, Chris Johnson, Reggie bush, beanie wells, steven Jackson, beast mode etc. This alone will help our defense and if fitz can just minimize his boneheaded mistakes and just manage the game, then we may fare pretty well this season since our strength of schedule is pretty weak.

Our run D was average. 3.3 yards per carry. 118 yards total.

I'll give it to you the caliber of QBs we face, with exception to Tom Brady, twice, of course.

This is no blessing. Horrible pass coverage, average run D, average pass rush. That's a below-average unit all in all.

Let's hope it's short lived.

I'll give it to you the caliber of QBs we face, with exception to Tom Brady, twice, of course.

This is no blessing. Horrible pass coverage, average run D, average pass rush. That's a below-average unit all in all.

I thought our run d was good. Towards the end of the game, they just wanted to run out the clock via run plays.

I saw a bunch of short gains. We paid Mario to stop the run and attack the passer. Right now as a whole, he and the group only stopped the run. TO ME, IMO

Our cbs suck big time!!!!! Gilmore is not good. Morris Clayborne would have been a much better pickup. Doh!

The secondary will improve with age. Not sure about Leodis. So i hope McGee feels good enough. He played pretty decent against Jets. and look forward to getting Brooks on the field. i got a good feeling about that kid.

I thought our run d was good. Towards the end of the game, they just wanted to run out the clock via run plays.

I saw a bunch of short gains. We paid Mario to stop the run and attack the passer. Right now as a whole, he and the group only stopped the run. TO ME, IMO

Our cbs suck big time!!!!! Gilmore is not good. Morris Clayborne would have been a much better pickup. Doh!

Wasn't claiborn gone?

i think we should probably give him a few more games before coming to this statement. he may not have been good sunday, but many players played below expectations. i think it'll take a while for this defense to gel, but i believe when it does it will be considerably better than what we saw sunday.i think that with time gilmore will be a very good player. also, i hope that mario and company are listening to all the critics who are now telling them they are a bunch of pantywastes.

Edited by swnybillsfan

I swear to christ people just dont think before they type.......

- Gilmore has been extremely solid for a rookie corner all through this pre season.....one game does a season not make....GIVE HIM A CHANCE

- If we trade up...then we likely give up your 2nd round pick...in which case we would not have Cordy Glenn.....GLENN LOOKS BETTER THEN BELL EVERY DID AND FRANKLY IS LOOKING JUST AS GOOD AS JASON PETERS