What was most responsbile for our loss?

Which of the following was the worst?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following was the worst?

• The Ryan Lindell miss
    • The fumble returned for the TD
    • The nine minute Pittsburgh drive
    • The Nate Clements fumble
    • Drew's interception
    • Other

The WR's for not doing there job today. The offensive line CAUSE THEY REALLY STINK. They will continue to stink unless TD beefs it up.

In addition, Ryan Lindell stinks. Thats why Holmgren kicked his ass out of seattle.

The WR's for not doing there job today. The offensive line CAUSE THEY REALLY STINK. They will continue to stink unless TD beefs it up.

In addition, Ryan Lindell stinks. Thats why Holmgren kicked his ass out of seattle.

188842[/snapback]

Yes, Sue...Moulds, Evans...they suck...You hit the nail on the head.

PTR

why does their have to be blame? They win as a team and today they definately lost as a team. Poor offense, defense didn't make key 3rd down stops, missed FG and fumble on special teams. It was an all around loss.

188842[/snapback]

Have you EVER, even once, placed blame on Drew Bledsoe? (seriously -- I'm not trying to be mean, but I think I've seen you blame everyone else this season except him)

why does their have to be blame?  They win as a team and today they definately lost as a team.  Poor offense, defense didn't make key 3rd down stops, missed FG and fumble on special teams.  It was an all around loss.

188879[/snapback]

That is why I said other... EVERYONE had their share of mistakes.

I don't buy the "scrub" mentality. You pick up a lot of good habits behind a great 1st string!

I hope Pitt goes all the WAY!

GO PITT!

Blame list in order:

1. P*** Poor game plan, not going deep until it was too late was inexcusable, failed to take advantage of what the Steelers gave (quick slants, flanker screens), did not set up anything.

2. Rian Lindell - 28 yarders at home are automatic, lose this guy quick.

3. Drew Bledsoe, undid all he accomplished over the past 6 weeks, did not see a guy coming from where he could see him all the way and lost the handle when hit to boot, held the ball too long, did not scan the field screwed up a simple pitch back.

4. Reverted to the stupid penalty mode in the biggest game of the year.

Good things in order:

1. Willis' stiff arm.

2. TKO

3. Pat Williams-came to play

4. Vernon whatever getting jacked up

Although there are many plays that are responsible for the loss, I really think of two:

1) The missed figgie - I was yelling at the TV for them to go for it on 4th and 1.

2) The stupid "throw the ball as hard as you can to the back up RB" play by Drew. What were they thinking? 3rd and 1, a quick QB sneak or something to get the first. If you don't make it, then try on 4th. No need to get fancy.

The Bills impressed me through their character - this team has a lot of it - but they still fall short on talent, especially at the QB position. We don't need gimick plays on 3rd and 1.

Get with the program.  You are a year late with the TT bashing.  He turned it around and had a decent season in 2004.

188968[/snapback]

Decent, yes, but as a team the Bills have not done a good job with run blocking. Teague is part of that problem.

Our fans.  For angering the Gridiron Gods all week and then coming here after the game with the typical "doom & gloom/cut everybody" posts.

Enjoy the offseason, heroes.  You brought it on yourselves.

189087[/snapback]

I'm not saying we should cut everyone. Just Bledsoe. And Moulds. And Trey Teague. And Mike Williams. Henry should of course be traded. If our offense were functioning well, I'd be saying we should keep everyone. Today is hardly the first day that we saw our offense play poorly.

I'm not saying we should cut everyone. Just Bledsoe. And Moulds. And Trey Teague. And Mike Williams. Henry should of course be traded. If our offense were functioning well, I'd be saying we should keep everyone. Today is hardly the first day that we saw our offense play poorly.

189117[/snapback]

It's also not the first time this season that I watched the Pittsburgh Steelers' defense physically whip another team. In fact, it'd be the 15th time in 16 chances they've done exactly that.

You people are amazing. Sometimes the other guys are just better and deserve the credit. The lack of football understanding is stupifying. Thanks for proving my point.

It's also not the first time this season that I watched the Pittsburgh Steelers' defense physically whip another team.  In fact, it'd be the 15th time in 16 chances they've done exactly that.

You people are amazing.  Sometimes the other guys are just better and deserve the credit.  The lack of football understanding is stupifying.  Thanks for proving my point.

189151[/snapback]

The difference is you saw Pitt's first team defense whip other teams. We got our butts kicked by the second stringers!

It's also not the first time this season that I watched the Pittsburgh Steelers' defense physically whip another team.  In fact, it'd be the 15th time in 16 chances they've done exactly that.

You people are amazing.  Sometimes the other guys are just better and deserve the credit.  The lack of football understanding is stupifying.  Thanks for proving my point.

189151[/snapback]

Moulds is scheduled to count $8.5 million against the cap next year. Against Cincinnati, I saw a defense that ganged up to stop the run, and Moulds did nothing to punish them for it. Today, Moulds had two drops. There is no way this guy is worth $8.5 million.

As for Teague, I haven't seen many plays involving running room up the middle all year. It seems that McGahee has been creating his own yards all year long. Teague has been doing a decent job in pass protection lately, but I don't see him as a complete offensive lineman. We should draft a center, and cut Teague.

I could go either way on Mike Williams, though because he's schedule to make a lot more money next year than this year, it'd be nice to see him take a cut in what he's scheduled to make.

Moulds is scheduled to count $8.5 million against the cap next year. Against Cincinnati, I saw a defense that ganged up to stop the run, and Moulds did nothing to punish them for it. Today, Moulds had two drops. There is no way this guy is worth $8.5 million.

As for Teague, I haven't seen many plays involving running room up the middle all year. It seems that McGahee has been creating his own yards all year long. Teague has been doing a decent job in pass protection lately, but I don't see him as a complete offensive lineman. We should draft a center, and cut Teague.

I could go either way on Mike Williams, though because he's schedule to make a lot more money next year than this year, it'd be nice to see him take a cut in what he's scheduled to make.

189211[/snapback]

Ladies and gents, the above post is the very definition of the term: oversimplification.

0:)

#1 Bledsoe Fumble returned for a TD.

#2 Josh Reed Offensive Pass Interference on Shelton's 3rd down SCREEN pass catch & run for a 1st inside the Pittsburgh 10.

#3 Bledsoe INT

#4 Lindell Missed FG

#5 Willie Parker 59 yard run the play after the Lindell miss/Willie Parker 101 yds. rushing. WILLIE PARKER? Holy Christ.

#6 Nate Clements fumble on the punt 4 minutes into the game. That set the tone for the Bills choke.

I fully expect Lindell, Josh Reed & Drew Bledsoe to not be Buffalo Bills next season.

Your post is an example of attacking someone else's ideas while providing none of your own. :P

189241[/snapback]

Oh, I didn't realize cutting 2/5ths of the starting OLine (while probably losing another to free agency) counted as an "idea". Silly me.

Maybe we could cut them as well as our only veteran WR and then start a rookie QB. That'll likely take us to the next level.

Kurt's an idea man. :doh:

Why stop at this game? What about the holding in game 1, when it was 3rd and 1, and Willis picked up the first only to have it called back on a holding? Also in game 1, if Clements knocks down the 4th and forever ball instead of trying to intercept it, the Bills win game 1. What about game 2, not challenging Henry's TD that wasnt? We could go on and on.

NEVERTHELESS, this team did very well considering how much bad luck they had. 9-7 isn't too bad. They would be hosting a playoff game in the NFC. Although I really like Travis, he has to be traded (he is going to do very well somewhere - he did it all for us), hopefully we will get something in return. Maybe even trade him for a 1st round draft pick.

I look forward to watching them next year.

Hey, at least the Red Sox won this year, so I've got that going for me... which is nice.