[closed]Fitzpatrick apologists apology thread

I think that last year Fitz caught teams by surprise with the quick pass spread offense. This year they must be running basically the same thing but defenses have it figured out. Sitting in the end zone I could see the Jets DBs all over our WRs. No one could get open. But Fitz, almost out of frustration, still tried to thread the needle with disastrous results.

So, yeah, Fitz was awful yesterday, as was our pass rush, WRs DBs and punter. On the other hand, our O-line, Spiller, and the run D were pretty good.

PTR

I think this is spot on my robotic friend. The good news is we are unlikely to see another pair of CBs that talented until we play the Jets again.

I want to think that will help enough, but yesterday was so bad I'm not sure.

Edited by CodeMonkey

What's honestly the point of these threads? So people are stupid because they're fans and hope for the best? Most people know Fitz isn't a great QB but they have hope that he could be the guy before the Washington game. What the hell is wrong with hope? Why do "fans" feel the need to be the first to say a player is a bust or isn't good?

Trust me, I know Fitz is limited and he was completely awful yesterday. But I'm not going to bail on him or the team after one game of the season. I just hope Fitz is stronger mentally than some fans and moves on. If he threw 25 ints or 0, it's still a loss. Now, it's time to focus on the Chiefs and save the season.

Btw, QBs throw Ints. Just look at yesterday: Vick 4, Stafford 3, Weeden 4 and almost won, Brees 2, Luck 3, Tannehill 3, Cassell 2. We used to kill Edwards for not taking chances. At least, Fitz isn't afraid to throw the ball. But there needs to be a happy median.

Fitz doesn't just throw INT's he loses games with his ineptitude over and over again.......but hey thats cool..........no biggie.........everyone just ignore the problem.......it'll get better...........and senator do you have a fitz apology? or just some naysaying? Bring something to this discussion please

He's bad but he's not as bad as he showed yesterday. Fitz needs to dump all the "new mechanics" advice and go back to throwing the way he's always thrown. Simplify the game; don't be thinking out there. Do what's natural for you.

30-yr-old QBs do not successfully change their throwing motion. Nor can golfers and baseball players successfully change their swing at that age nor can basketball players change their stroke at that age.

You are what you are at a certain point.

shave that F ing beard until you ACTUALLY have a winning season!!

3 INTs OMG. what a waste of CJ's good game.

I thought they were teaching him hoe to be better?

And WTF happened to the supposed improved PASS RUSH?

Did they pass on it? Shankchez looked like Brady!

Not taking anything away from C.J. Spiller, he had an unbelievable burst yesterday, but not quite sure he would had quite as big a day if Fitz hadn't already given the Jets a 3 touchdown lead with interceptions. With that big of a lead teams are bound to play a little softer and expect the pass.

He's bad but he's not as bad as he showed yesterday. Fitz needs to dump all the "new mechanics" advice and go back to throwing the way he's always thrown. Simplify the game; don't be thinking out there. Do what's natural for you.

30-yr-old QBs do not successfully change their throwing motion. Nor can golfers and baseball players successfully change their swing at that age nor can basketball players change their stroke at that age.

You are what you are at a certain point.

That is what I was thinking, go back to the form that helped you lead the league in interceptions last season.

it does not matter for me , be it Francis the talking mule being installed as Bills quarterback, I will support him, don't get at all the need to polarize Bills followers into camps of for or against with every quarterback player on team. Clearly man had a terrible game as did many of the others, but until he replaced by another I will be hoping for the best for him and the current group. Prognosticating failure to me not much fun frankly...

That throw to Cromartie was one of the worst INTs I've seen. He was airmailing his passes, staring down receivers, throwing behind guys on crossing routes. He was just plain awful and we'll lose 14 games if he plays like that all season. I havent been that disappointed after a game in a while.

At least he had a chance to get some of his confidence back at the end of the game when the Jets were laying off. Maybe that'll help him out at the start of next game.

it does not matter for me , be it Francis the talking mule being installed as Bills quarterback, I will support him, don't get at all the need to polarize Bills followers into camps of for or against with every quarterback player on team. Clearly man had a terrible game as did many of the others, but until he replaced by another I will be hoping for the best for him and the current group. Prognosticating failure to me not much fun frankly...

fair enough, valid point I am stuck supporting him as well but can vent on here 13 seasons of no playoffs is just astounding Its a bad feeling always hating your QB (Edwards, Losman, Holcomb, Fitz)

it would be nice to be in a better position. as they say "it is what it is"

fair enough, valid point I am stuck supporting him as well but can vent on here 13 seasons of no playoffs is just astounding Its a bad feeling always hating your QB (Edwards, Losman, Holcomb, Fitz)

it would be nice to be in a better position. as they say "it is what it is"

one does need vent or it possible they may explode.... :)

he threw some terrible, terrible interceptions that basically never gave us a chance in the game.

Actally even with the interceptions we DID still have a chance in the game .... however giving up 48 points to the Jets removed it.

Don't get me wrong I don't think Fitz will ever be a Manning, Brees, Big Ben, etc ... but I do think he can be a servicable management type of QB. His skill set (combined with a dominating defense) should win more games than it looses. He is not the type of QB that can carry a team on his back through a season ... a game or two maybe, but not a season.

The game yesterday was an epic fail in every aspect of a football game ... offense, defense, special teams, and most of all (IMHO) coaching. If Fitz's three steps and get rid of the ball will not work for us because the other teams have "caught on" .... why in the world did it make us look so foolish yeasterday ... if anybody can figure out how to defend it we should already know all of it's weaknesses.