Worst Opening Day Loss Since...

Boludo

2009 was pretty bad - that was the Monday night game against New England with Brady coming off injury where Leodis fumbled the kickoff at the end to lose the game and they spray painted a penis on his lawn

This one stings a bit less since it wasn't a last minute heartbreaker, but it also leaves me with a much more hopeless and empty feeling.

What's the worst opening game YOU can remember?

This is the second worse opening day since that New England game for me. Someone else posted in anohter thread how it just ended their day. they left the house and and just tried to forget feetball. I did the same. I went to get my passport at the library. Waiting in line for two hours in the library to have my papers processed. That was much better than the Bills game. Anyway, sorry to hijack and B word.

We played well in that NE game. This was a clusterf**k from the word "go." It reminds me more of the Miami home opener 3 years ago. We couldn't get out of our own way that day.

PTR

At least we were still in that game till the end, as awful as it was to watch. This game was over by the half.

1997 vs Minnesota. Lost 34-13. First game after the Kelly era. Opener and it didn't sell out. Sad knowing that era was all over and done with.

1979 vs Miami. Lost 9-7 when Tom Dempsey missed a 34 yard FG on the last play of the game. That made it 0-19 against the Fish.

2004 vs Jacksonville. Lost 13-10. Supposed to be the year we turned it around. That loss and the last game vs Pittsburgh made it 9-7. Closest we have been to the playoffs since.

I just never really believed we were going to win the NE game.

Jacksonville is the winner for me. I thought we had a decent team & it might cost us the playoffs and as it turns out it did.

Also Bledsoe's debut, the Chad Morton game in '02 was pretty bad 'cause we sorta kicked the Jets all over the field that day & found a way to lose.

This was the worst opening day loss since.......nothing! The NE & Jax opening day losses were disappoinments, for sure. But this gut-wrenching debacle of an embarassment was nothing short of unforgettably putrid. The entire organization from Ralph to the ticket takers should be eternally shamed. I love my Bills but that pathetic display of an effort today, save for a few players, blew two-peckered Tijuana billygoats with piss hardons. I'd like to see someone get fired or cut from the team tomorrow morning. I don't even care who. Fire someone!

2009 was pretty bad - that was the Monday night game against New England with Brady coming off injury where Leodis fumbled the kickoff at the end to lose the game and they spray painted a penis on his lawn

This one stings a bit less since it wasn't a last minute heartbreaker, but it also leaves me with a much more hopeless and empty feeling.

What's the worst opening game YOU can remember?

I've never been more devastated by a football game than that game against NE. Not the Monday night loss to Dallas or even the SBs. That was the last time I let a football game affect my mood for more that a few minutes after the game. I still don't like thinking about it

I was at that Jax loss. That sucked, but this was far worse. This game was embarrassing in all phases of the game. We got our asses kicked. They clowned us. Fitz was horrible, the game plan sucked, and our defense gave up 3rd down after 3rd down just like always. What a cruel joke.