0-1 is all it is

RuntheDamnBall

I didn't like how the Bills looked today. They were caught flat-footed, and the most concerning thing (beyond the turnovers, which are always concerning) was the play (or lack thereof) of the defense.

That said, this is just 0-1, people. Mario Williams is not yet a $100 million mistake. You will not win $100 million for being the first person to point it out.

Fitz looked terrible, but he has looked at turns terrible and terrific before. If this kind of play (with stupid, not gutsy turnovers, and bad reads) sustains itself over a few weeks, you're going to see the Bills make a move. But if they benched Fitz right now, it would be the kind of knee-jerk move that this team has been lambasted for before.

Freddy being hurt blows, but CJ looked pretty great minus the fumble. If he can keep his ball-control issues in check, he is going to be a great one.

I am far more concerned about losing a big and reliable target like David Nelson, and the fact that TJ Graham for some reason didn't see the field today. The decision-making regarding the WRs may come to hurt this team greatly, and I didn't sense the presence of vaunted gunner Ruvell Martin on the Jets' big punt return.

That said, the Saints are 0-1. The Packers are 0-1. The Super Bowl Champion Giants are 0-1. The Bills obviously have a lot more to prove than do these other teams, but posters who are on this board bellyaching and giving up on the season and preparing their "I told you so" missives are like so many rats jumping ship. Give it a rest. It's football, they'll win or they won't, and this was just one lousy game.

0-1. Let's get ready for the home opener and kick some ass next week.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't like how the Bills looked today. They were caught flat-footed, and the most concerning thing (beyond the turnovers, which are always concerning) was the play (or lack thereof) of the defense.

That said, this is just 0-1, people. Mario Williams is not yet a $100 million mistake. You will not win $100 million for being the first person to point it out.

Fitz looked terrible, but he has looked at turns terrible and terrific before. If this kind of play (with stupid, not gutsy turnovers, and bad reads) sustains itself over a few weeks, you're going to see the Bills make a move. But if they benched Fitz right now, it would be the kind of knee-jerk move that this team has been lambasted for before.

Freddy being hurt blows, but CJ looked pretty great minus the fumble. If he can keep his ball-control issues in check, he is going to be a great one.

I am far more concerned about losing a big and reliable target like David Nelson, and the fact that TJ Graham for some reason didn't see the field today. The decision-making regarding the WRs may come to hurt this team greatly, and I didn't sense the presence of vaunted gunner Ruvell Martin on the Jets' big punt return.

That said, the Saints are 0-1. The Packers are 0-1. The Super Bowl Champion Giants are 0-1. The Bills obviously have a lot more to prove than do these other teams, but posters who are on this board bellyaching and giving up on the season and preparing their "I told you so" missives are like so many rats jumping ship. Give it a rest. It's football, they'll win or they won't, and this was just one lousy game.

0-1 League

0-1 Division

1+1=?

That said, the Saints are 0-1. The Packers are 0-1. The Super Bowl Champion Giants are 0-1.

I never understand why people don't see the poor logic of this argument.

There's is a huge difference between great teams losing a game and a bad team losing yet another game--you really don't see the difference here?

I never understand why people don't see the poor logic of this argument.

There's is a huge difference between great teams losing a game and a bad team losing yet another game--you really don't see the difference here?

I acknowledged the difference in my post, Mr. Smartypants.

0-1 League

0-1 Division

1+1=?

Divisional loss is bad. They have five more to make up the difference. Lose all those and then everyone is entitled to share their high school-styled dramas about it.

I'm sorry, but this is total crap. For good teams, this is only 1 game. For teams that usually are expected to win, this is a fluke. For the Bills, this is who we are.

The Jets have done this to us for the past few years now. We were 6-10 last year.

Are you kidding me with this "only 1 game?" I see the people saying it, including Chan, and I'm tired of hearing it.

If this isn't an example of what are team is, within the GM, Coach, QB, and other players, I don't know what more you need to see.

We will win some games against teams equally horrible, get blown out by the playoff teams, and maybe pull out one upset win. With our schedule that's 8-8.

Not good enough in year three. THAT, is all that this is

I'm sorry, but this is total crap. For good teams, this is only 1 game. For teams that usually are expected to win, this is a fluke. For the Bills, this is who we are.

The Jets have done this to us for the past few years now. We were 6-10 last year.

Are you kidding me with this "only 1 game?" I see the people saying it, including Chan, and I'm tired of hearing it.

If this isn't an example of what are team is, within the GM, Coach, QB, and other players, I don't know what more you need to see.

We will win some games against teams equally horrible, get blown out by the playoff teams, and maybe pull out one upset win. With our schedule that's 8-8.

Not good enough in year three. THAT, is all that this is

Please PM me Tuesday's winning Mega Millions numbers, chief. I'm sure you knew Freddy was going to get hurt today and that Vick and Stafford would throw 7 INTs between them. They looked bad at times against a lot worse teams but I would not wager either of them think the season is over.

They've got a sh--load of work to do, but I recall years in which the Giants looked bad, like total underachievers, before coming on late. The Bills have (and have earned) a bad reputation and the forecast doesn't suggest that they'll turn it on for a great playoff run, but if you want to give up, just do it right now so the rest of us can talk football.

That said, the Saints are 0-1. The Packers are 0-1. The Super Bowl Champion Giants are 0-1.

you are comparing the bills to the packers, saints, and giants? wow

the packers lost a tough one to one of the best teams in the nfl. the giants lost a tough one to a solid cowboys team. the saints are dealing with a huge amount of offseason turmoil. all three of those teams were in the game right until the end.

it's not that the bills lost, it's HOW they lost. fitzpatrick is a bottom 5 qb in this league and the "improved" defense looked just as bad as ever.

Agreed it is only one game, but those teams you mentioned have HOF Caliber QBs and recent Super Bowl Wins. The Bills do not have either.

Yes, one loss that showed no hope for a win and a reminder of the team we are.

And no, I can't predict the future. But I can make strong guesses based upon what I've seen. I've seen this before and seen how it ends.

What have you seen to make you think this season is going to be any different

you are comparing the bills to the packers, saints, and giants? wow

the packers lost a tough one to one of the best teams in the nfl. the giants lost a tough one to a solid cowboys team. the saints are dealing with a huge amount of offseason turmoil. all three of those teams were in the game right until the end.

it's not that the bills lost, it's HOW they lost. fitzpatrick is a bottom 5 qb in this league and the "improved" defense looked just as bad as ever.

Doesn't matter. They all lost and their chances at the playoffs decrease. The Bills lost badly by letting the game get out of hand with turnovers and with a defense that looked lost. If they turn over the ball four times every week I do indeed expect them to be terrible. If they get no better at running Wannstedt's defense, or if Wannstedt's defense is actually this bad, then sure, they'll be terrible. But there is too much talent and too much invested in the D for me to believe that's true yet. And while Fitz is prone to the ill-advised pick, he tends to learn from his mistakes.

Losing Freddy and Nelson are really the reasons to be concerned longer-term. Fitz's play and the defense's ability to rebound will be on watch all year.

Again, if you read my post you know I recognize the difference between these teams and the Bills. I simply am saying that mathematically these teams are all in the same boat. We've seen teams that didn't deserve the playoffs as much make it in and go on a run. If I'm going to enjoy this football season, I'm going to hold out that hope and not just sit on a message board and take a giant dump on the team. Some people think that's productive, I think it's boring and childish.

How dare you be logical? And who are you to look at the big picture!

Don't you know that the sacred hours after the game are reserved for knee-jerk reactions that either say

1. We are awful and headed for the first pick in the draft.

or

2. SUPER BOWL ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!

I acknowledged the difference in my post, Mr. Smartypants.

Then why make the comparison if you disqualify it in your same post?

Pointing out that really good to excellent teams lost their first game also is not comforting for obvious reasons, so why even bring it up?

You know, I might agree with your logic if we'd lost a close one on the road against a good team, but we didn't--we got manhandled in almost all phases of the game by a team that I personally don't expect to be anything north of 8-8. That's what hurts today. We thought we had our first decent team in ages and they got exposed today, brutally, and in front of everyone, over and over again. Will it turn out to be an aberration? I hope so, but until they show that it is, they aren't going to be getting the benefit of many doubts, unfortunately.....

Then why make the comparison if you disqualify it in your same post?

Pointing out that really good to excellent teams lost their first game also is not comforting for obvious reasons, so why even bring it up?

I didn't disqualify it - I qualified it.

The point is that each of these teams are in some sense in the same boat and it won't matter if the Bills win 11 one-point games and lose 5 blowouts. And realistically, each of these teams might find that one loss meaning more in what is called a tougher conference.

If the Bills suck this bad through more than a couple of games, it'll be obvious that some changes need to be made. What I can't understand is how the same people who went through 5-1 Trent and last year's start know by the same token that this year's inauspicious start automatically speaks for the whole season. It's not baseball, but it's a long enough season that you can write off a bad opener and go back to the drawing board. I am much more intrigued to see how Gailey and this team in general responds to this ass-whupping than I am to hear people hear complain about it.

Nothing can hide the fact that Buffalo was down 40-7 to the Jets O. No way around this loss, it was bad and completely unacceptable. This was not an ordinary week one loss - this team is moving backwards AGAIN

Tom Brady and the 2003 Patriots.

Honestly it is impossible to argue with the statement above. The "it's only 0-1" crowd is kidding themselves. This is just same 'ol, same 'ol.