BILLS: $13.6 million in CAP SPACE

papazoid

Ralph will be cheap.

haah. That's a new one!

Brian Urlacher, anyone? (Assuming he's reasonably healthy)

interesting idea, depending on the cost. Better than what we have, but no longer all-pro. I like Floyd off that WR list.

Bowe would look good in buffalo, he's worked with Chan before.

Would love that.

We'll see what is left once they recalculate after assigning the last two on 53 roster plus practice squad. Then factor in Levitre and Byrd and we don't have a ton.

Maybe enough to bring in at minimum plax. He'd be worth it just for the red zone. Even if he's not that effective I'd appreciate the Bills trying to do everything possible to get over 10 wins this year.

The Bills do need to work on signing Levitre or Byrd. You can franchise tag the one you choose not to sign but get one of those deals done so it puts less pressure on the beginning of next off-season. I remember seeing a story about the Bills opening up negotiations with Levitre don't know if that's 100% true. But them cutting D.Edwards, Merriman, and Florence should leave more than enough cap space for this team.

Actually, Urbik as well, I think. Also a very good performer, especially since he can be the center as well.

Hard to argue with cap management this season: the Kelsay contract (as little as that made sense to many) is probably the biggest overhang from year to year but even that didn't prevent Nix from getting a lot done this offseason. Re-upping key players and adding significant pieces (some guy named Mario). And it isn't hard to see them coping with re upping more key players moving forward with this cap figure.

So good work on the cap! Now go get us a middle linebacker!

kj