Bills Fantasy Players

IslandBillsFan

Normally, I try to stay away from Bills fantasy players. Primarily, because no one has performed in the last decade.

Additionally, I always hate when I have to pick up a Bills division rival. I always root for the Bills, but sometimes fantasy makes you want weird things.

This year my two picks that relate to the Bills are:

1) I have Princess Brady as my QB

2) I have the Buffalo D.

What fantasy picks do you have this year that directly effect Buffalo?

Firstly there is no such a thing as a good pick or a bad pick. It all depends on where the player is taken. Like the NFL draft, a fantasy draft has everything to do with value.

That said, I'm high on Stevie Johnson. Last season he injured his groin during the first week of training camp and the injury hobbled him all season long.

Then, Lee Evans was traded, Easley was placed on IR, Roscoe Parrish and Donald Jones were injured, and then later on Scott Chandler was injured and Fitz suffered broken ribs in week 8.

That's not to mention that Fred Jackson also failed to last the whole season.

With a return to good health and without all the factors which killed the Bills offense last year, Stevie (who's looked great in preseason) is primed for a big year.

I got Stevie in the 5th round of two different leagues… it seems to me that he's being undervalued in most leagues and that he can be had for cheap.

I have Fred Jackson in both of my leagues...got him in round 4 in each draft which I think is tremendous value for a solid #2 RB. I also picked Bills D/ST in both of my leagues. In both cases they were my 2nd D/ST taken, as I like to carry 2 on my rosters and pick the best match-up each week. The only other AFC East player I picked is Rob Gronkowski. Got him with my 2nd round pick. I hope he puts up 17 TD's again this season....on other teams than the Bills of course.

fred jackson and stevie johnson are solid players

if your league uses IDPs then byrd is a decent DB, there are some backup LB options, mario is a good d-line

you don't really want fitzpatrick and you don't want the bills D

if you have a big roster you can handcuff with spiller

if you have huge rosters and lots of keepers and stuff you can look at tj graham

Never ever let homerism influence you in your draft. Jackson is a very low tier 1 rb. Stevie is a mid 2nd tier wr.

The defense, until proven otherwise, isn't worth drafting. You can take a flyer on them sure. But if youre passing up a D in a weak offensive division (NFC west for instance) for the bills then you deserve to lose your league and you probably will.

I have Freddie and Stevie in a few standard leagues. Also George Wilson is rated number one safety in IDP leagues, as well as Mario being top 5 DE and Byrd being top 10 safety. I also have the Bills DEF in nearly all leagues because of the week one match up vs Jets will feature 5-6 sacks and 3-4 INTS IMO...

Edited by Awwufelloff

Never ever let homerism influence you in your draft. Jackson is a very low tier 1 rb. Stevie is a mid 2nd tier wr.

The defense, until proven otherwise, isn't worth drafting. You can take a flyer on them sure. But if youre passing up a D in a weak offensive division (NFC west for instance) for the bills then you deserve to lose your league and you probably will.

Jackson was a stud last year before going down and the value he presents around the 4th round is excellent. Stevie can also be had around there and for a #1 receiver without much else to throw to it's also good value. D on the other hand should almost always be played matchup style. There are always a ton of defenses on waivers and a good matchup usually is sitting there... Which is why I have the Bills D for week 1.

I have Freddie and Stevie in a few standard leagues. Also George Wilson is rated number one safety in IDP leagues, as well as Mario being top 5 DE and Byrd being top 10 safety. I also have the Bills DEF in nearly all leagues because of the week one match up vs Jets will feature 5-6 sacks and 3-4 INTS IMO...

Yes Sir! That's what I'm hoping for too! I've got them in 3 of my 4 leagues and am hoping for the same thing.

C.j. can be had pretty late (after the 10th round) in most drafts. If something happens to Freddie he'll end up being a steal - esp in a ppr league (all of this is an I hope it never happens scenario of course). That said there are so many other options he's not someone to bet your hopes and dreams on.

This is insane. "Until proven otherwise" is a phrase that should never be used for a fantasy defense. The top ones change every year. Anyone who picks the 49ers deserves to lose and probably will because they're always taken about 7 rounds too early. You can usually get the Bills in the 2nd to last round provided you're not in a league with other Bills homers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.