Paul Ryan is a Lying Liar!!!

Sometimes I can't even hear my own dog whistle. Only now do I realize how deeply my inherent racism runs.

my favorite was the simpson-bowles comment in which ryan criticized obama for not taking action but failed to note that he voted against it's recommendations. now that's a whopper!

but don't take my word for it. i think this http://www.washingto...t-very-truthful does a nice job of illuminating untruths.

btw, i support all the true ryan "criticisms" pointed out in the article as positive actions on obama's part.

Edited by birdog1960

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my favorite was the simpson-bowles comment in which ryan criticized obama on for not taking action but failed to note that he voted against it's recommendations. now that's a whopper!

but don't take my word for it. i think this http://www.washingto...t-very-truthful does a nice job of illuminating untruths.

btw, i support all the true ryan "criticisms" pointed out in the article as positive actions on obama's part.

i just wish, and i know this is idealism, politicians would just debate ideology. obama will never admit he will save medicare at all cost, and ryan will never admit hes not pro medicare... either way, the discourse get clouded in a stupid numbers game...

my favorite was the simpson-bowles comment in which ryan criticized obama for not taking action but failed to note that he voted against it's recommendations. now that's a whopper!

I don't think you guys understand what a lie is. It's not something you disagree with, or something that you can twist to find some perceived inconsistency in. It's a statement of fact that the speaker knows is false. Whether Ryan supported the "Simpson-Bowles" provisions has no bearing on the truthfulness of Obama's inaction. If I point out that Obama hasn't advanced legislation on Cap & Trade, the fact that I oppose the measure in no way makes my statement false.

And as far as the article you linked titled "A Not Very Truthful Speech in a Not Very Truthful Campaign", the irony is thick.

Not a Very Truthful Article. You have to be pretty simple or try really hard to construe most of his examples as lies. Let's analyze a few:

You simply can’t say the president hasn’t released a deficit reduction plan. The plan is right here.

You've got to be quite the literalist to claim a falsity here. That "deficit reduction plan" is a !@#$ing joke. That's like my wife calling me a liar for saying she hasn't done anything for me all day when she actually turned up the volume on the TV at my request earlier.

You simply can’t say the president broke his promise to keep your GM plant open.The decision to close the plant was made before he entered office — and, by the way, the guy at the top of your ticket opposed the auto bailout.

If he promised to keep it open and it closed, he broke his promise. The fact that the decision had been made in advance may give him a plausible excuse for not making good on it, but doesn't change the fact that what he promised didn't materialize.

You simply can’t argue that the Affordable Care Act was a government takeover of the health-care system. My doctor still works for Kaiser Permanente, a private company that the government does not own.

I'm not sure if this guy's trying to be clever or if he's just stupid, but many liberals have admitted that the long-run goal of ACA is to sink the current system so as to force a single-payer system. And he's being dishonest referencing his docs current status when most of the bills provisions haven't gone into effect.

You simply can’t say that Obama, who was willing to follow historical precedent and sign a clean debt ceiling increase, caused the S&P downgrade, when S&P clearly said it was due to congressional gridlock and even wrote that it was partly due to the GOP’s dogmatic position on taxes.

As though an effective President has no power to negotiate through gridlock? Reagan and Clinton did. But I suppose if you look through the prism of the liberal idealogue where Obama is the poor innocent victim of Republican obstructionism, through no fault of his own, that this downgrade is in no way attributable to him, despite having a supermajority for 2 years, then yeah, in that narrow prism you could kinda sorta call Ryan's statement a lie.

Oh, and here’s one we missed: “You would think that any president, whatever his party, would make job creation, and nothing else, his first order of economic business. But this president didn’t do that. Instead, we got a long, divisive, all-or-nothing attempt to put the federal government in charge of health care.” The stimulus — which was the administration’s major job creation package — came before health care. It was their first priority. That’s simply inarguable.

Horseshit! This whole paragraph is dishonest. He's taking a statement referencing hierarchy of priority and misrepresenting it as a statement of chronology. Obama absolutely declared health care his primary signature issue.

You guys are pathetic.

Except that he didn't support it because Bowles Simpson didn't have the repeal of obamacare whereas Ryan's budget did. Ryan's proposal was very similar to Bowles Simpson , as a matter of fact his budget drew praise for both Bowles and Simpson and obamas budget received criticism from Bowles Simpson.

I love crushing vapid lib arguments :)

I don't think you guys understand what a lie is. It's not something you disagree with, or something that you can twist to find some perceived inconsistency in. It's a statement of fact that the speaker knows is false. Whether Ryan supported the "Simpson-Bowles" provisions has no bearing on the truthfulness of Obama's inaction. If I point out that Obama hasn't advanced legislation on Cap & Trade, the fact that I oppose the measure in no way makes my statement false.

And as far as the article you linked titled "A Not Very Truthful Speech in a Not Very Truthful Campaign", the irony is thick.

Not a Very Truthful Article. You have to be pretty simple or try really hard to construe most of his examples as lies. Let's analyze a few:

You've got to be quite the literalist to claim a falsity here. That "deficit reduction plan" is a !@#$ing joke. That's like my wife calling me a liar for saying she hasn't done anything for me all day when she actually turned up the volume on the TV at my request earlier.

If he promised to keep it open and it closed, he broke his promise. The fact that the decision had been made in advance may give him a plausible excuse for not making good on it, but doesn't change the fact that what he promised didn't materialize.

I'm not sure if this guy's trying to be clever or if he's just stupid, but many liberals have admitted that the long-run goal of ACA is to sink the current system so as to force a single-payer system. And he's being dishonest referencing his docs current status when most of the bills provisions haven't gone into effect.

As though an effective President has no power to negotiate through gridlock? Reagan and Clinton did. But I suppose if you look through the prism of the liberal idealogue where Obama is the poor innocent victim of Republican obstructionism, through no fault of his own, that this downgrade is in no way attributable to him, despite having a supermajority for 2 years, then yeah, in that narrow prism you could kinda sorta call Ryan's statement a lie.

Horseshit! This whole paragraph is dishonest. He's taking a statement referencing hierarchy of priority and misrepresenting it as a statement of chronology. Obama absolutely declared health care his primary signature issue.

You guys are pathetic.

Linking Ezra Klein to defend liberal views is like a conservative linking Michelle malkin to defend conservative viewpoints :lol:

Edited by WorldTraveller

http://news.yahoo.co...s-politics.html

This guy said NATIONALLY that 20 years ago he ran a marathon in around 3 hours. Well it just so happens that his time was actually around 4 hours. How can we trust anything this guy says?

Edit: This article was posted right next to the Ryan article on Yahoo. Now we know what to look for.

http://shine.yahoo.c...-210400115.html

8 Words that Most Liars Use

I know he's used these words.

He's a politician, you can't expect him to tell the truth.

Whether its Obama or Biden, Romney or Ryan they wouldn't know the truth if it bit them on their corrupt asses

Edited by frostbitmic

He's a politician, you can't expect him to tell the truth.

Whether its Obama or Biden, Romney or Ryan they wouldn't know the truth if it bit them on their corrupt asses

You are painting with a very broad stroke there. Did Romney go to Michigan and tell the autoworkers what they wanted to hear? How about his speech at the NAACP? What about Ryan's budget/Medicare stances? All of this flies in the face of your comment. Romney is not Obama and Ryan is not Biden.

You are painting with a very broad stroke there. Did Romney go to Michigan and tell the autoworkers what they wanted to hear? How about his speech at the NAACP? What about Ryan's budget/Medicare stances? All of this flies in the face of your comment. Romney is not Obama and Ryan is not Biden.

I'm not sure he got the sarcasm in the OP.

I can't believe I actually read this.

Tampa – Last night Paul Ryan was awarded a gold medal by Fox News and it wasn’t for delivering blunt honesty in such a way that made it palatable to the American public. Instead, the award was given for the number of lies Ryan told during his prime time speech.

Fox Contributor, Sally Kohn writes:

On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold.

Kohn went on to fact check Ryan:

• Fact: While Ryan tried to pin the downgrade of the United States’ credit rating on spending under President Obama, the credit rating was actually downgraded because Republicans threatened not to raise the debt ceiling
  • Fact: While Ryan blamed President Obama for the shutdown of a GM plant in Janesville, Wisconsin, the plant was actually closed under President George W. Bush. Ryan actually asked for federal spending to save the plant, while Romney has criticized the auto industry bailout that President Obama ultimately enacted to prevent other plants from closing.
  • Fact: Though Ryan insisted that President Obama wants to give all the credit for private sector success to government, that isn't what the president said. Period.
  • Fact: Though Paul Ryan accused President Obama of taking $716 billion out of Medicare, the fact is that that amount was savings in Medicare reimbursement rates (which, incidentally, save Medicare recipients out-of-pocket costs, too) and Ryan himself embraced these savings in his budget plan.

BWAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/paul-ryans-speech-in-three-words/

#2 Deceiving

Honey Boo Boo anyone?

Tampa – Last night Paul Ryan was awarded a gold medal by Fox News and it wasn’t for delivering blunt honesty in such a way that made it palatable to the American public. Instead, the award was given for the number of lies Ryan told during his prime time speech.

On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold.

• Fact: While Ryan tried to pin the downgrade of the United States’ credit rating on spending under President Obama, the credit rating was actually downgraded because Republicans threatened not to raise the debt ceiling
  • Fact: While Ryan blamed President Obama for the shutdown of a GM plant in Janesville, Wisconsin, the plant was actually closed under President George W. Bush. Ryan actually asked for federal spending to save the plant, while Romney has criticized the auto industry bailout that President Obama ultimately enacted to prevent other plants from closing.
  • Fact: Though Ryan insisted that President Obama wants to give all the credit for private sector success to government, that isn't what the president said. Period.
  • Fact: Though Paul Ryan accused President Obama of taking $716 billion out of Medicare, the fact is that that amount was savings in Medicare reimbursement rates (which, incidentally, save Medicare recipients out-of-pocket costs, too) and Ryan himself embraced these savings in his budget plan.

http://www.foxnews.c...in-three-words/

#2 Deceiving

Honey Boo Boo anyone?

well, yes....but your problem (per rob) is that you don't understand what a lie is! it's become so prevelant in our society that people don't even recognize it when they see it. for example, i had installation scheduled this weekend for direct tv. they gave a 4 hour window. the guy didn't show. when i called to see why, there was a notation on my account that no one was home. what really happened was the installer called my cell phone and i was working outside without it...so he blew me off and lied saying no one was home. i made enough noise that he came out later in the day with no remorse about lying, explaining that if he did come out and i wasn't there, he didn't get paid. OK, but it's still a lie. and it's tolerated and even expected to a certain degree in society today. to me, that's a big problem and people like ryan are making it worse.

http://www.foxnews.c...in-three-words/

#2 Deceiving

Honey Boo Boo anyone?

Fact

Ryan did not say Obama was responsible for the closing of the plant, he said that Obama promised it would be open for the next 100 years.

Fact

The Downgrading of the US credit rating was largely because of Obama backing out of the deal between him and Boehner, you can read up on it in the WAPO article that spoke about this in great detail.

Fact

The $716B cuts from the Medicare providers is not included in Romney's plan, who is at the top of the ticket.

You would know this if you weren't such a pea brained lemming

well, yes....but your problem (per rob) is that you don't understand what a lie is! it's become so prevelant in our society that people don't even recognize it when they see it. for example, i had installation scheduled this weekend for direct tv. they gave a 4 hour window. the guy didn't show. when i called to see why, there was a notation on my account that no one was home. what really happened was the installer called my cell phone and i was working outside without it...so he blew me off and lied saying no one was home. i made enough noise that he came out later in the day with no remorse about lying, explaining that if he did come out and i wasn't there, he didn't get paid. OK, but it's still a lie. and it's tolerated and even expected to a certain degree in society today. to me, that's a big problem and people like ryan are making it worse.

Except that it's not a lie, none of it, not one iota.

And it drives you loony's berzerk :lol:

Fact

Ryan did not say Obama was responsible for the closing of the plant, he said that Obama promised it would be open for the next 100 years.

Fact

The Downgrading of the US credit rating was largely because of Obama backing out of the deal between him and Boehner, you can read up on it in the WAPO article that spoke about this in great detail.

Dear Loon - You would know this if you weren't such a pea brained lemming

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

(CNN) - Paul Ryan continued defending his speech at the Republican National Convention Tuesday, saying the link he made between President Barack Obama and a closed auto plant in Wisconsin was accurate and reflected a record of failed promises from the Democratic incumbent.

FACT

In the case of the downgrade of America's credit rating by Standard and Poor's, there is plenty of blame to go around. The blame is not fully about who racked up the charges on the nation's credit card, but more about the inability of our elected officials to deal with paying it off.

"The downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges," said S&P in their analysis. "We have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon."

YOU CAN'T JUST BLAME OBAMA!

well, yes....but your problem (per rob) is that you don't understand what a lie is!

Whomever you are ... I can say the same about you with 99.999% accuracy. You don't understand what a lie is!

Fact

Fact

Fact

The $716B cuts from the Medicare providers is not included in Romney's plan, who is at the top of the ticket.

You would know this if you weren't such a pea brained lemming

Except that it's not a lie, none of it, not one iota.

And it drives you loony's berzerk :lol:

i say "tomato", you say "tomahto" and it doesn't make one bit of difference cuz there was NO bounce from the convention. it appears all this fell on deaf ears. he was preaching to the choir and those folks never, ever considered voting for obama. so other than the fact that we have a dishonest political system and society in general, the whole discussion is moot.

i say "tomato", you say "tomahto" and it doesn't make one bit of difference cuz there was NO bounce from the convention. it appears all this fell on deaf ears. he was preaching to the choir and those folks never, ever considered voting for obama. so other than the fact that we have a dishonest political system and society in general, the whole discussion is moot.

Here's their bounce.

Honey Boo Boo Beats Republican National Convention in Ratings!

According to Nielsen overnight ratings via The Hollywood Reporter, 7-year-old Alana Thompson ("Honey Boo Boo) and her self-proclaimed redneck family topped the RNC with nearly 3 million viewers tuning in for their fourth episode.

And Clint Eastwood talking to an empty chair.

... there was NO bounce from the convention.

Not true. The entire world reported on Friday a 6-point bounce, and today Obama's approval rating is at 43% (from Gallup and Rasmussen, the latter being the undisputed single most accurate pollster around). Meanwhile, everyone else is trying to figure out how many more busses of people need to be paid for to fill Barack's Bank of America Address.

But you keep telling yourself all is well because nothing says success like demonizing banks for four years before holding your speech in a stadium named after one of the largest. :lol:

Paul Ryan claimed he ran a Marathon in two hour and 50-something minutes. LIE

FACT

Republican Paul Ryan now says he didn’t run a marathon in less than three hours as he claimed in a nationally broadcast interview.

The vice presidential hopeful acknowledged Saturday he had misstated his marathon time by more than an hour. He released a statement correcting the record after Runner’s World magazine found evidence he had completed one marathon, in 1990, and finished in just over four hours.

later Ryan said he should have rounded his marathon time to four hours, not three.

FACT

Sarah Palin holds the Republican Veep-Hopeful record: 3 hours, 59 minutes in a 2005 marathon.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Dear Loon - You would know this if you weren't such a pea brained lemming

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

(CNN) - Paul Ryan continued defending his speech at the Republican National Convention Tuesday, saying the link he made between President Barack Obama and a closed auto plant in Wisconsin was accurate and reflected a record of failed promises from the Democratic incumbent.

FACT

In the case of the downgrade of America's credit rating by Standard and Poor's, there is plenty of blame to go around. The blame is not fully about who racked up the charges on the nation's credit card, but more about the inability of our elected officials to deal with paying it off.

"The downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges," said S&P in their analysis. "We have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon."

YOU CAN'T JUST BLAME OBAMA!

Whomever you are ... I can say the same about you with 99.999% accuracy. You don't understand what a lie is!

The GM plant CNN piece you brought up doesn't even support your argument :lol:

And in regards to the Nations credit Rating, he's the president, he's suppose to lead, and he's failed.

And those same voters that you talk about, are all disillusioned with Obama's failed leadership and economic record.

Once again Rasmussen is BIASED!!!

Once again, You're a pea brain