• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Norwood's numbers, 1988-1990:

Inside 40 yards, 53 of 61, 87%

Outside 40 yards, 22 of 35, 63%.

It wasn't a "gimme", people.

Inside 40 yards:

I've tried this before. Ask non-Bills fans how long the kick was and you get answers like 30 yards, 35 yards. They're shocked when you tell them it was 47. People do have the impression that he choked on a gimme.

I've tried this before. Ask non-Bills fans how long the kick was and you get answers like 30 yards, 35 yards. They're shocked when you tell them it was 47. People do have the impression that he choked on a gimme.

I'll never forget. I looked at my wife before the kick and said two words. "Too far."

Ooooh so if he makes it, he wins the game, but if he misses, he didn't lose the game. Makes sense.

It makes perfect sense.

But it seems you can't understand that so I'll give an example.

If a QB has their team at the opponent 40, down by 5 points, with 1 second left and throws a laser touchdown pass as time expires, did he win the game? Yep. Same quarterback tosses an incomplete pass, did he lose the game?

That FG attempt was not in SN's range. And saying "he had plenty of distance" shows what little you know. Do you think that the fact that he had to drill it just maybe had something to do with it sailing right?

Sadly people think Finkle is Norwood.

Do you think that the fact that he had to drill it just maybe had something to do with it sailing right?

I've always contended that Norwood had so much adreniline flowing that he overpowered the kick--so much so that it never hooked back between the uprights (but simply flew like a canonball, straight and true).

It would have been good from 50+ yards in terms of distance...

Even Bills fans don't know the length. I chalk it up to the uninformed American public who still thinks Saddam attacked us on 9/11 and Obama is an illegal alien.

Several Reasons: out-coached for sure, missed tackles at key moments (see Darryl Talley, love the guy but he missed a big one), and laces were out thanks to a bad holding job by Frank Reich. Is he to blame? Yes, but not entirely.

Even though the kick should have been made, the Bills offense didn't adjust very well to what the Giants D was doing and the Bills D couldn't get off the field. It's a team game right, so it's a team loss! I'm over it and looking forward to this team getting back there to finally get it right!!! It was a hard pill to swallow but it's made us all stronger and hungrier than ever for a championship....Go Bills :thumbsup:

+1 I blame Jim Kelly. He wouldn't run Thurman more when the Giants let him. They tried to take away his offense and rather than adjust his ego cost us the game.

PTR

I don't put all the blame on Kelly either. There were too many plays that the Bills could have executed better that could (or should) have won the game for Buffalo. Hard to believe we are still talking about this 21+ years after the game..