Roosevelt vs Martin (vs Easley)

I'd take Rose and would love Aiken also some way some how. Rose is very similar to Stevie in playing style, I'd rather have football players not athletes / track & field allstars etc.

That sounds like a swipe at Graham, who seems to be doing very well, especially for this being his first year, and not just with his speed (which is a given).

So who do you want or expect to be kept on the Bills?

(vote here: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/149101-which-wrs-make-the-team-practice-squad/)

Hagan has Roosevelt beat in terms of speed. Does Graham make Hagan expendable? Martin has Roosevelt beat in terms of size, and a track record of toughness and special teams play. Roosevelt's ability to catch has Martin beat. Roosevelt has put on weight and wants to play on special teams. Roosevelt is also willing to run those suicide slant routes that result in a receiver getting clobbered by a linebacker a few times per game. Tough call. I have a feeling that Roosevelt gets cut, even though from my armchair it seems like he is more useful than Martin.

Edited by Gray Beard

1] If the Bills keep Potter, which it seems they are going to, the need for keeping Martin lessens, if his true value is that of a KO and P gunner.

2] Joe B reported today that he called an NFL rep just to make sure that Easley was not PS eligible and the guy told him straight out that Easley WAS eligible for the PS, which makes me believe strongly that they keep 5 WR and Easley on the PS (unless someone signs him) or unless they just decide that Aiken could be better, which i doubt.

Excellent. Thanks for posting this. I have seen conflicting write ups of the practice squad rules. The one that most clearly indicates Easley would not be eligible is Wikipedia, which I've held a degree of scepticism toward, for obvious reasons.

I think they keep 5 so all the names discussed as "bubble" players get cut. Maybe Easley gets on the practice squad and gets his chance when the inevitable injuries strike. It's not likely all the guys that get cut would be unavailble should they be needed later on. The Bills shouldn't fret too much over which it may be. I like Naaman though. Something to be said about having such reliable hands. A dropped third down pass is much the same as a turnover because a 40 yard net punt has the same efffect as an interception deep down field followed by a tackle or going out of bounds.